Start a new thread

961 to 980 of 1,893 replies

We have the opposite problem here in Derbyshire its wet most of the time and today its a little

warmer but fine drizzle. Everywhere is wet through and totally depressing.

I just hope it clears up soon but it is winter,,Still spring is just around the corner.

We got away with water rationing last year so lets hope this year this years the same.

Dull and misty , however been doing jobs outside about 5 degrees - Lincoln 

scroggin

Minus 6 Celsius when I left for work this morning. Minus 2 already, ground is frozen hard, one bonus is no mud on our dog walks😊. 

Busy-Lizzie

-8° this morning and -4° this afternoon.

A slight ground frost this morning after a clear, starry night. Sun all day today, a really lovely day and another clear, cold, calm night.  No complaints!

Advertisement

A chinook has swooped down off the mountains giving Calgary a much needed blast of warm Pacific air. It's been above freezing for the past few days and several more warm days ahead. Went out biking along the river. Good thing I remembered to put the back fender on, it was very icy to begin with but soon turned to slush and mud..

Good morning all , looks like a dry but dull day , no frosts for ages - Lincoln

Hello Jonny C , I was wondering what your weather was like ?

Obelixx

-6C at 8:30 and bright and sunny.  So dry that the frost is there but largely invisible.  Wind chill factor too so perishing out there.   Should get positive this pm but not for long.  More of the same forecast all weekend.  No gardening then.

Clear skies at night and a waning, late rising moon do make for fabulous starry skies.

Last edited: 19 January 2017 10:38:49

Busy-Lizzie

Warm at yours then, Obelixx! -12° here, south of you, at 8.15am.

daydaisy

Grey and drizzly yet again in Cheshire though still warm for January. I would much prefer bright and frosty but we have to put up with whatever comes our way. OH bought me some daffodils this morning so they will certainly cheer me up. 

Full sun all day, but a cold wind - good gardening weather and cold GH doors open until 15.00 hrs.

Will be another above freezing day. Another coffee and then I'll grab some bird seed out of my garage, hop on my bike, ride along the river and see how many birds I can get to eat out of my hand. It was so cold for so long and so much snow. All I seemed to be doing was shoveling snow everyday, for me and six elderly people along my street. I think cabin fever set in, I was gloomy and not very chatty. Warmer days, getting on my bike and life is good again!

Pleased to know you feel more positive now Johnny.  We get gloomy here if we don't see the sunshine for a few days, having drizzle day after day is quite depressive too.  However plenty of sunshine here for the past few weeks but mostly around 10 degrees so not hot either.  You must have felt like hibernating with all that snow around your area, how do you manage for food shopping?

What time does darkness come in your area?  It is around 17.00 - 17.30 on a sunny day like today.

Hello , dull and drizzly , did get in garden this afternoon for an hour or so 

Guernsey Donkey2 says:

Pleased to know you feel more positive now Johnny.  We get gloomy here if we don't see the sunshine for a few days, having drizzle day after day is quite depressive too.  However plenty of sunshine here for the past few weeks but mostly around 10 degrees so not hot either.  You must have felt like hibernating with all that snow around your area, how do you manage for food shopping?

What time does darkness come in your area?  It is around 17.00 - 17.30 on a sunny day like today.

See original post

The days are getting longer. Right now the sun rises at 8:30am and sets a 5pm.

Advertisement

Redditch, sunny, warm in the sun, but cold in the shade, frost last night.

-6c here again last night, I do wish it would get above freezing during the day so that the bird bath would stop icing up.

Obelixx

Same again today.  Busy - you are inland and higher up whereas we have the Atlantic 25kms west of us.  It's actually warmer in Belgium at the mo but that's OK as I can cope with dry cold and sunshine.

Busy-Lizzie

-10° at 9am. Blue sky. I think I am one of the rare people who prefer mild winters with drizzle, like last year - except last year it rained rather a lot!

Dovefromabove

Bright skies and sharp frost in Norfolk - pond and ground frozen and birds very hungry.