Start a new thread

961 to 980 of 1,253 replies

Mild , dry , dull - Lincoln 

Some sunshine this morning, mild and virtually no wind. Some light drizzle for part of this afternoon and damp weather forecast during the coming week too.

daydaisy

Another dreary day here in Cheshire. There is snow forcast for later on in the week and that will brighten things up a bit although it does bring its own problems. Soon my Helebores and snowdrops will make an appearance and they will cheer us all up. My friend in Cornwall tells me that her early daffofils are beginning to appear.

Liriodendron

That sounds lovely, Daydaisy.  Can't wait for the Spring bulbs! 

Another grey, wet day here too.  Got the "daylight" lamp on again...

Advertisement

Busy-Lizzie

Rather you than me Hosta! I tend to wilt. But I see you have some cloud

Here in S. Norfolk it's cloudy but mild.

I agree with Busy re the heat Hosta.

Dry with a light wind but rain forecast for later.

Dull , just had a bit of rain , still mild - Lincoln

pansyface

IT HAS BEEN LASHING WITH RAIN SINCE EIGHT O'CLOCK. MILD THOUGH.

I WAS AMAZED TO SEE THAT HALF THE STALLS IN BAKEWELL MARKET WERE ABSENT AND THE TOWN WAS ALMOST DESERTED.

WHERE IS THE BACKBONE, THE TEETH-GRITTED-IN-A-HOWLING-GALE RESOLVE, THE STIFF UPPER LIP, THE BULLDOG SPIRIT GONE? It'S ONLY A BIT OF RAIN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

ANYWAY, THEIR LOSS, MY GAIN. MY VEGETABLE STALL WAS OPEN (AS ALWAYS, THEY HAVE BEEN IN THE BUSINESS FOR OVER 50 YEARS AND ONLY STAY AWAY IF THEY ARE TOLD TO BY THE ORGANISERS). AND I FOUND KILOS AND KILOS OF BEAUTIFUL FRESH SEVILLE ORANGES PILED UP.

SO I STAGGERED HOME WITH MY BOOTY AND AM NOW MAKING MARMALADE.

LET IT RAIN, LET IT RAIN, LET IT RAIN.

Totally agree with you pansyface, and good luck with marmalade - well done for getting out there and showing your determination in the face of such wet weather.

Dull here, some light rain but mild here too at around 10 - 11 degrees.

Busy-Lizzie

Has been raining this afternoon.

Dovefromabove

The sun shines on the righteous Hosta - you must've done something ....

Tipping down here ...

Pansyface , good luck with marmalade , o/h has real problem in getting Seville Oranges 🍊 

Advertisement

Busy-Lizzie

It's quite sunny here in Norfolk this morning,

The wind has turned from a damp southwest to northerly - still not too cold, but the change is noticeable.

Obelixx

Yesterday we had sunshine and 12C.  Today it is cold and grey and very dull.  The forecast is for snow in inland areas later on but not here nearer the coast.   I hope we get rain at least so the greyness is productive.

Been a nice day hear in Lincoln.  Spent day at allotment 

pansyface

WE GOT WOKEN AT 3AM BY BRILLIANT FLASHES OF SILENT LIGHTNING. THIS WENT ON, ACCOMPANIED BY STORM FORCE WINDS, UNTIL 5.30 WHEN ONE FINAL FLASH CAUSED THE THE POWER TO GO OFF.

NO MORE SLEEP, ONLY LISTENING TO THE ROOF SLATES RIPPLING UP AND DOWN IN THE PITCH BLACKNESS.

AT 7.30 AM THE EMERGENCY CREW ARRIVED TO FIX THE BROKEN POWER LINE BY OUR HOUSE. THEY HAVE JUST FINISHED IT AND WE ARE RECONNECTED TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD.

HOORAY!