Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

What Type of Garden is Yours.

Having just joined I,m interested what you,se folks garden

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Big, full of wildlife with lots of wild and other plants to attract lots of species.

At the moment wet and bedraggled as I've never seen it before.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,471
    Mines flower garden really , but have herb pots and planters and will have bags of potatoes and veg pots around image
  • clogherheadclogherhead Posts: 506

mine at the moment is like a tip ,building work going on But it can only improve , that's why I have an allotment will post pictures in the near future, before and After

Derek

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,066

All of the above plus pots and hanging baskets.

The veggie garden is raised beds for ease of access and drainage and ha s permanent rhubrab and fruit beds plus seasonal veggies except in winter when they all get frozen to mush.  Herbs in sunny spots and pots.

The flower garden includes beds in shade and full sun, damp beds and well drained, shrubs, perennials bulbs, a woodland corner, hedges and a wildlife pond.  

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • Plant itPlant it Posts: 155

Hey up nutcutlet sounds idilic your very luckly look after the frogs.

Hey up Bunny the best of both worlds cant be a bad thing see if you can get hold of some wine boxes they are great for growing salad stuff in.      

• tattiannatattianna Posts: 182

My garden is quite small and as it was a new build when we moved here 19 years ago all that's in it and how it looks is down to me, except for the pond, which is my husband's pride & joy so I leave that completely to him.

I've only taken a big interest in gardening over the past couple of years so because I understand a little bit more about what I'm doing now lets just say it's a working progress and is evolving nicely, even if I do say so myself image 

Hey up obelixx Adopt me!!!

Hey up Derek power to your elbow and keep a good stock of that black falling down stuff in.

Hey up tattianna be proud of what youve done lass I.ll bet that husband of yours is