London (change)
Wed 9°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 10°C
241 to 260 of 311 messages
19/11/2012 at 20:41

A sandwich and packet of crisps in the forecourt of a garage whilst a very nice man from the AA  fixed the car. The service was excellent, I was still talking to the person on the phone from the AA, who was telling me it will be 40 to 50 mins before anyone gets to you, when the mechanic arrived 

20/11/2012 at 13:02

Probably spag bol. Found some lurking in the freezer and as im planning to defrost it thought we ought to eat it up. Made a frittata last night left overs from sunday dinner.Didnt turn out too bad.

20/11/2012 at 13:43

Last of the salt beef from Sunday, with mash and steamed Brussel sprout tops all turned into bubble and squeak. These sprout tops have masses of flavour, am hooked on them.

20/11/2012 at 13:43

today its jacket potatoes and fish with salad am healthy eating but what i really want is every thing with fat and sugar i dream of suet pudd and custard

20/11/2012 at 18:10

Hairy Biker baked beans - make it ourselves  With meatballs Followed by my treat - mincemeat and ginger tart from Waitrose - a reward

20/11/2012 at 18:12

Reheated cauli/mac cheese with cheese sausages & probably far too much ketchup! Followed by fig yoghurt, lots! J.

20/11/2012 at 18:22

jo4eyes, please could you tell me about cheese sausages. Thank you

21/11/2012 at 11:27

Breakfast today porridge with the left over pineapple from the curry I made last night.
I only eat home made curry and the 1-2-3 little pepper signs are always none existent, I like it mild and fruity, (the curry that is, not me)
No oil is used chopped up streaky bacon fried off in the pan first, remove that and fry off cubed chicken then add onion. The streaky bacon gives enough fat to cook off chicken and onion.
Meanwhile I have a pan of diced veg sweating in another pan then add the coconut milk and some chicken stock season and add the chicken bacon and onion with the mild curry powder plenty and simmer for fifteen minutes add the fruit dried and fresh and simmer until cooked. Meanwhile cooked the rice.
I serve with rice Yogurt and more fresh fruit.
Afters were doughnuts but I had mine much later, ate too much of the curry.

Frank.

22/11/2012 at 21:15

Steamed some really fresh cauliflower, made dressing from tin of anchovies including the oil plus good balsamic, black pepper, plump sultanas and blanched almonds, lightly dry fried (yes all rather Sicilian). Fab.

22/11/2012 at 21:26

Chicken breast roasted with bacon wrapped  around it, potatoes, broccoli, dwarf beans (plain and simple). Jelly with fresh satsuma and raspberries i picked this morning, couldn't believe it when I noticed a few raspberries hanging there this morning so nipped out and picked them

23/11/2012 at 08:24

Raspberries in November! Incredible.

23/11/2012 at 09:11

Artjak- re the cheese sausages. If you google 'Glamorgan' sausages that should help with recipes etc, but Tesco do a frozen version which is absolutely fine when no time to make my own. They cook straight from the freezer too.

Yesterday daughter & me went to the Christmas markets in central Manchester, so lunch was a German cheese & pasta dish- name escapes me- in an edible dish! It was a bit like a dry cheese biscuit- the dish, not the food!  Afters was warm strudle, plum for me & apple for daughter, with vanilla sauce/custard. That's why last night I only had beans on toast & a banana! Still realised had broken a bit of tooth though.

Today shall make a 'bottom of veg rack/fridge' soup for my lunch & it's fish & vegs for tonight, I think. Couple of pears 'poached' in the Remoska for pud. Planning to garden today as well, so meal plan may change. J.

23/11/2012 at 09:41

Tea last night was a "dissssaster darling", as Craig would say.
Bacon egg mushrooms tomato, croutons of bread rubbed with garlic and toast, how can you wreck that??
My timing went all to "h###" the tomato's and musgrooms slightly over cooked, the bacon not crisp enough, the first of the croutons burnt, the eggs split as I turned them.
I served my son his, the best bits, I dropped my croutons on the way to the table and binned them, the toast had got cold by then and I did not enjoy what I served myself so some of that was binned. Son said he enjoyed the meal !!!!! as he finished off with cream cake.
I had no stomach for more so did not touch cream cake until near nine with a cup of tea. Made the tea got cream cake out and dropped it cream splashed all over floor so that got binned, by the time I cleaned floor after walking in cream the tea was stewed so poured a very stiff whisky and drank that instead, I did sleep well though.
Even cooks can spoil broth.

Frank.

23/11/2012 at 10:47

Oh Frank. What a trail of disaster.

Never mind, start afresh today, I'm sure it was a one off.

I haven't got to cook tonight as we are going to a friends house for a birthday meal, I believe her husband is cooking a curry, mmm, nice change for me not to do the cooking.

Chris.

23/11/2012 at 11:40

Belly pork with a nice selection of steamed veg (not home grown) to follow a good 7 mile walk planned for this afternoon.

23/11/2012 at 12:35

Artjak - I planted autumn raspberry 'Polka' in the summer and did not expect any fruit. I do not get vast quantities, but about a handful - 10-12 at a time. I am surprised as anyone else especially as they are still producing a few.

Supposed to cut them down, I think, but really want to see how long they produce for.

23/11/2012 at 19:09

jo4eyes, thank you for cheese sausages info; they sound delish.

Bjay, do you have to fight the birds for them? I grow 4 kinds of gooseberry and 1 blackcurrent, but always thought that raspberries were somehow tricky.

23/11/2012 at 19:28

I have just posted to you once and did not get through

I chose autumn raspberries because i wasn't going to have any, but the idea of walking down the garden and picking them appealed to me. I also found out they don't need to grow up a structure so decided to give them a go. i have 3 plants and am very much a novice on fruit and veg

I wait and see what happens in the future 

23/11/2012 at 19:40

Frank, what an awful senario!

Knew my plans would change- had green pepper curry instead of fish. Another student days recipe from our original pressure cooker book. OH & me always loved it, even before we stopped eating meat.

As OH off work for next week he's emptied his fruit bowl & fridge- hmm, now what shopping do I need? J.

24/11/2012 at 15:39

Ham hock chicken and leek pie hot (bought) and cold salad with a still warm Frangipane tart with cream for afters, making very sure it does not end up on the floor.
I wiped Thursday from my diary.

Frank.

241 to 260 of 311 messages