London (change)
Today 15°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
21 to 40 of 311 messages
20/10/2012 at 17:39

It's treat day today:

Steak mix of sirloin and rump(butcher didn't have enough rump for 2), stir fried cabbage with red onion and garlic (OH speciality) and OH is having saute potatoes and I am having thin frozen chips. Followed by stewed apple and raspberry ( home grown) with scones as a cobbler type thing. Just made the scones. Washed down with a nice red plonk.

20/10/2012 at 17:48

OH having chicken curry, well it's Saturday so its curry, I am having an Asda ready meal, I love curry but it doesn't love me, so I always have to have something else. This sounds really boring compared to your meal bjay, so I will have to have extra wine to compensate

20/10/2012 at 18:10

Some lovely dinners already mentioned here which has made me more hungry than I already was!

Left over Hash for me tonight with pancakes, it is better the day after though.

20/10/2012 at 18:33

Another one from the depths of the freezer - Tesco light chicken with tomato & basil sauce, with pasta. Soon I'm off to a Scottish country dance, it's a bit of an obsession of mine (is 3-4 nights a week an obsession? ......  Yes probably!)  At the interval we'll have a gorgeous tea - loads of home-made bits & pieces; all the naughty stuff that we're not allowed at home .  As people go to such trouble it would be rude to refuse .

Ah well, off to put on the glad-rags, tea beckons........

20/10/2012 at 19:39

I was inspired by Nigel Slater and have cooked a fish chowder with swede.

20/10/2012 at 20:32

Tuna & pasta bake, salad and french bread - too full for afters!

Well Jeannie with all that exercise you can eat what you like .  Does watching Strictly count ??? 

20/10/2012 at 20:49

Good idea for a foodie thread (I look forward to lots of festive fare in due course )

Had turkey and vegetable stir-fry tonight - made a spicy sauce for it with own chillies, fresh from GH.  Funny old year for peppers with varied results, but these chillies are unusually small, but blimey!  they are HOT!  Lip tingling, tongue tingling, thirst-making chilli sauce!  (But very, very good).

20/10/2012 at 23:16

Looking in the fridge saw two big bunches of leeks that needed using so on went a big pot of Leek and Potato soup. Start it with lardons of bacon and onion chopped in the pan then finely chopped veg followed by the potato sweat it all for ten minutes add the garlic and chicken stock plus seasoning paprika and herbs, simmer blitz and some nice chunky bread a good starter. I had to make the chicken pie as well, Daughter left two cakes and took some pie.
Fresh Pork tomorrow.

Frank.

21/10/2012 at 10:20

We are having Roast chicken and stuffing,roast potatoes and sweet potatoes,buttered Kale,Carrots and gravy with ice cream and fruit for pudding

I made leek and potato soup yesterday,too Frank

Pam LL x

21/10/2012 at 10:43

just made a trifle with left over home made sponge, and home made cake .Bread and butter with home made jelly jam(blackberry).

21/10/2012 at 13:16

I've just decided I'm going to make Leek and Potato soup a la Frank, perfect food for when it's miserable outside. 

21/10/2012 at 15:03

oven chips and chicken burgers for me, Every  one else seems to be having much nicer than me

21/10/2012 at 15:20

Tday - salmon (baked), home grown ratauoille from the freezer, potatoes. rest of apple and raspberry cooked yesterday. No wine for me today.

Yesterday was treat day!

Have been making tomato ketchup today - takes hours

21/10/2012 at 15:42
Is it miserable outside Leggi? Leek and potato any time for me and it's a beautiful day here. Try leek and asparagus too, 10 minuties and it's all done.

Roast lamb tonight. Should have done it last night but had sausage and mash instead.
PLP
21/10/2012 at 15:51

Roast beef with all the trimmings today along with a red wine or two.   Followed by home made apple pie with cream for me and ice-cream for him.

Salad tomorrow, to use up the remains, along with Asda seeded chiabatta, the only time we eat white bread

21/10/2012 at 16:04

Yes Pennine it is miserable outside, it's that fine rain that I used to only associate with Cornwall, and it's been like it all day.

Leek and asparagus soup sounds lovely, will keep an eye out for some when I'm next at the shops.

21/10/2012 at 18:39

beautiful day in torquay,sitting at the harbour eating fish and chips out of the paper yum yum 

21/10/2012 at 21:50

Sunny and hot here, so I went for a healthy option, today's tea was tuna salad followed by rubarb and apple yogurt, eaten on the patio, which made a change, can't say there have been many days where it's been nice enough to sit outdoors.  . 

22/10/2012 at 17:00

today its sauseage and mash with onion gravy cos its getting cold  and am making good old fashioned spotty dick and custard

22/10/2012 at 17:29

chicken stir fry with noodles. Followed by fromage frais with fruit.

OH does nearly all the cooking as had ashoulder op last year and although fine he likes to. He also makes bread - in a machine - but having trouble getting a good rise we think it's quality ofbread flour so experiments going on at moment to check if we are right

21 to 40 of 311 messages