London (change)
Today 28°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 17°C
121 to 140 of 311 messages
29/10/2012 at 17:02

we are having pasta chicken, chicken chopped up ina creamy cheese pasta sauce with assorted veggies. Can't remember whats in fridge, and for heat one of the chilles. Afters will be rest of blueberry and apple from yesterday.

29/10/2012 at 17:51

Not often I get a fry up, my lot can end up eating the fridge door.
You had me in stitches Chris I read Batty Woman as battery Woman and fell about wondering where you put the batteries. Must start wearing my manacle more often.
The meat off a hock is lovely pulled apart and put back in the soup for the last five minutes. I am not into chili but add peppers and garlic, drop the garlic cloves in whole then make sure you blitz them before serving with a blob of cream cheese mixed with fresh chopped mint, yogurt and chopped herbs is as nice.

Frank.

29/10/2012 at 18:35

Monday's tea always macaroni cheese over cauliflower & grilled with extra cheese & toms on top.

Used to work regular Mondays so needed to have somethiong could assemble without thinking. Tonight, definitely not thinking & have forgotten to add the cheese to the white sauce before I added the cooked pasta, use penne normally, & poured the whole over the cooked cauli! So have put a lot of cheese on top & grilled it anyway, there was noway I could rescue it......... Should still tase fine though she says.... J.

29/10/2012 at 19:10

Phew, it worked fine! J.

29/10/2012 at 20:05

Cold sliced chicken from yesterday's roast with baked potatoes and  lots of veggies, all served with hot, spicy tomato chutney.  There's still a lot of chicken to finish up, so veg and chicken curry tomorrow, with carcass boiled for stock.  (Final pickings from the boiled carcass get given to the cats - so no waste!)

30/10/2012 at 06:20

Our Grandchildren love Cottage pie so that is what we are having today

Pam LL x

30/10/2012 at 09:18

I love cottage pie- but it's the day before payday so it will be whatever is in the freezer or cupboard

30/10/2012 at 11:02

Leeks from the garden seethed in oil with black olives and a jar of cheap antipasta mushrooms from a Lidl.

Palais glide, thank you for info about pakora.

30/10/2012 at 16:46

Today we are having pork chops, cabbage, potatoes etc. 

Today i put C...... Pudding fruit to soak in stout. had some apple and carrot left over so as experiment my pudding tonight will be carrot cake without the cake! - Cooked apple, grated carrot, few sultanas with orange juice and a  small amount of sugar and it is now plumping up sultanas.

30/10/2012 at 17:04

Meat and potato pie-day 2- this time with chips-

30/10/2012 at 17:10

Large mushrooms grilled, then topped with fried chopped leeks & garlic & cheese over the lot & regrilled. Served with baked potato & red wine according to my notes! J.

30/10/2012 at 17:46

We have just eaten a lovely beef stew with dumplings, just what you need on a chilly autumn day.

30/10/2012 at 17:52

Had tapas whilst we were out so i reckon it will be toast as im knackered

30/10/2012 at 21:16

Curry tonight to warm us up as central heating has packed up - hopefully due to be fixed tomorrow.  Made some little cakes with orange zest and juice, chopped apricots and honey.  Only problem now is that I can't stop eating them.  Bjay - maybe I should follow your example and just have oranges and apricots without the cake - wish I had your willpower.

30/10/2012 at 21:48

I had jacket potato with tuna filling and salad.. it was quick and easy. 

30/10/2012 at 21:57

Had my Carrot cake without cake. Needed to cook carrot in juice before adding apple and son said needed to add a pich of ginger. He's got a good palet so is probaby right. 

Will power - well just lost over 2 stone and still a way to go. Cakes are very difficult though,  yum yum!!

30/10/2012 at 22:13

Carrot, apple, sultanas - sounds like a "carrot salad" I regularly make (plus a little mayonnaise and some balsamic vinegar).  I like the idea of a pinch of ginger .

31/10/2012 at 15:36

Going out- James Bond movie - so frozen fish, chips and peas. - cooked of course!!

31/10/2012 at 15:41

Reheated left-overs tonight for us, plus some extra vegs. Not sure about pud eyt.

Am having to clear out 'stuff ' from my huge airing cupboard & understairs for a new heating boiler to be fitted tomorrow/friday, so cooking from scratch as per usual wasnt something I wanted to do! J.

31/10/2012 at 16:22

Courgette,tomato,aubergine and pasta bake thingy tonight - apple and custard for pud I think

Pam LL x

121 to 140 of 311 messages