Start a new thread

181 to 200 of 4,155 replies

Bartlebeans

Raining, raining, raining. Don't you know we're in a drought?

Alina W

I think no-one's told the clouds!

Shrinking Violet

Well - it's not as bad as was predicted (crossed fingers for tempting fate).  Showery rain rather than continuous downpour, and sun inbetween.  Quite mild, too - but far too wet underfoot to do anything useful in the garden.

Wintersong

I can't stand it any longer! Pulls hair out. Puts on gardening coat...wellies...zips up.

"I am just going outside and may be some time".

Teesside, so sorry to rub it in but the sun is shining though it does keep vanishing for a few minutes behind the cloud at 13:00 hours after being out all morning and not getting wet.
Now for an egg sandwich (I had the bacon one yesterday) and off to the library though I may just stop and buy some sun glasses .
Goes off singing "when April showers should come your way"
Frank.

Advertisement

Wintersong

Clearing here. garden is a bog but the skies are bluish

Lilylouise

It is literally changing minute by minute from sunny to raining

Who put kitty among the chuckies then, I should not have mentioned sun glasses.
Got into town as it really clouded over and a bitter cold east wind came straight up river from the north sea. The market stall holders dashed for their fur coats and I shot into the shops. It is now blowing strongly, feels like snow, "oh well" I saved the price of sunglasses then. Changed menu baking potato's gone in oven, salad will keep.

Frank.

Lilylouise

We were going to have salad too, Frank - now we are going to have sausages,egg and chips

pouring with rain in north warwickshire looads of plants waiting to be put in been soaked twice already

Lorea

Blowing a gale again!! We're having yet another 'ciclogenesis explosiva' apparently - a deep weather front which causes winds of more than 120 km/h (75 mph) - the same one which is causing the torrential rain in the UK. The worst one we had was in 2009 when winds of 240 km/h (150 mph) were recorded on high ground. It lasted all through the night, during which time we had no electricity. I really thought the roof was going to blow off the house! I don't think we're in Kansas anymore Toto...

figrat

I think the English term for 'ciclogenesis explosiva'  is hurricane force winds. Scary stuff.

it's pouring in the Caterham area, thanks

HyppyByker

In Cheshire my sunflowers are desperate to get planted out but they're taking a battering even in the vold frame.  I'm not so worried about the rain or even the wind but those sudden fierce hail storms are a killer!

boozysuzy

We had a lovely sunny day today

Advertisement

warm morning, rather close but with a storm blowing in across the sierras, rain tomorrow but then warm again but only in the 70's-three record hot days in a row this past week

Wintersong

Did I blink and miss summer?

Lorea

Still grey, still chilly, still windy and still showery. It's the repetitiveness of it all which is starting to do my head in!

figrat
Have now got a cold. So hot water bottle filled, wood burning stove lit, box of hankies ready. Going to make a nest on the settee, and fester. Weather here the same old depressing blah.
Lorea

Hope you feel better soon figrat! Sometimes a good fester is the only solution!