London (change)
Today 26°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 19°C
27/10/2012 at 22:49

Lovely crisp day - bright sunshine, with a devilishly cold breeze, though.  Visited Hestercombe Gardens (just outside Taunton) which were lovely.  Even better at the height of summer, but some of the autumn colours were great. 

28/10/2012 at 10:25

Dull dark and cold although not too cold in Stockton, it is beginning to slowly brighten up so hope for us yet.

Frank.

28/10/2012 at 11:24

Dull, dull,dull here on the south coast

28/10/2012 at 11:31

Nr Lincoln.

Light rain here, but no frost last night. The wind had changed direction to a westerly, so we'll get more rain, but it's better than the north/east wind we had yesterday, very chilly.

Chris.

28/10/2012 at 11:34

Dull, and damp here in Worcs. Hills have got a hat of cloud on today. Means it could rain. Quite a strong cold wind, 

bjay

28/10/2012 at 12:14

Dull damp and dismal oh and windy as well only 9c outside but it was only 3.3c when I woke up so it has warmed up a bit,  not going out today so will make Christmas cakes numbers 5 and 6 then that's it

28/10/2012 at 13:11

I was only wondering t'other day Rain if you still made all the cakes.

WManchester- wet & windy, only 8-9C at the mo. Luckily a small break in continuous showers/rain allowed me to trot around to postbox earlier.

This morning 7C cf below freezing yesterday! J.

28/10/2012 at 15:12

It's rained all day here and it's still raining, not a day for gardening. So pleased there's not much to do by way of putting things to bed for winter. I've some potting up to do, may take some more hard wood cutting and the beds want some muck on them before it gets really cold. Dahlias want lifting and a few other small jobs.

Collected some bags of muck from local farms today for next year, took my fork this time to have a delve in the bags, last year I ended up with more stable bedding and wood chip  than actual muck and had to make a trip to the tip with it. Would you just believe it, some farmers fill the bags 3/4 wth rubbish, with just a topping of muck and of course you don't know until the bags are at home being emptied.  .   

28/10/2012 at 16:05

Raining again.  What a difference a day makes.  Grey and miserable.  And we've had to put the clocks back, so it seems like winter really has arrived. 

28/10/2012 at 18:37

Coldish and wet/drizzly here in the Fens, managed an hours pottering to get leaves off lawn and logs inside. Frustrated by early darkness because of clocks changeing.

29/10/2012 at 09:46

Nr Lincoln.

Lovely bright sunny morning here, got rid of the horrible rain we had all day yesterday.

Looks quite cool, but I haven't poked my nose outside yet Just changed my name for a bit of halloween fun

Have a nice day.

Chris

29/10/2012 at 09:55

grey but dry here this morning.Looks like it may brighten up later.

I'm on half term holiday so it is so nice to be home at this time on a monday morning

29/10/2012 at 09:57

Overcast and 7C here this morning - what a change from the weekend!

29/10/2012 at 11:30

WManchester- Dull, damp, but not too cold out there today. Need to go down to compost bin with kitchen veg waste, but shant bother doing anything else outside today. J.

29/10/2012 at 13:01

Woke up to warm sunny day. Had to change jackets from winter one to light one. Becoming more overcast and there are some dark clouds up there

Bjay

29/10/2012 at 13:27

Stockton has a covering of cloud although it is high, much warmer than yesterday, a good job as all the windows were open whilst Daughter steam cleaned anything standing still.
Dark nights or light mornings not sure which I prefer, closing the blinds early does close you down a bit, roll on Spring.

Frank.

29/10/2012 at 19:59

A better day than predicted - sunny all morning, with some showers in the afternoon. 

We may moan about our weather from time to time - but I reckon I can put up with in in comparison to what they are experiencing on the eastern side of America right now!

29/10/2012 at 20:49

Jo,  made cakes 5 and 6 today but I forgot to put the ground and chopped almonds in what an idiot never mind I shall keep one of them and give the other to my upstairs neighbour she won't realise there's something missing.

It's been cold here today with some showers not to bad temperatur wise at 9.4c but no wind so not feeling to cold,  it has dropped right down now to 4.6c so could be a cold night

30/10/2012 at 10:48

Stockton cloudy my little boxer tells me and I say look out of the window and see the blue sky, lovely sunshine and a mere wisp of white fluff wandering about.
It is slightly warmer although I will not risk a light coat when I go out shortly, the view down the back lane will be clear out over the Vale of York and the Cleveland Hills, I will probably be singing as I drive, you may not want to know that and definitely will not want to hear it, with the window open all the cattle look up in horror, i wonder if we could start a Bovine choir.

Frank,

30/10/2012 at 11:06

Beautiful sunshine here today- not a cloud in the  sky. Great day to potter outside and make the most of my holiday.