London (change)
Today 13°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 4°C
02/11/2012 at 16:07

WManchester- been a very windy sunny day here. I couldnt do any washing as the water kept being turned off by engineers.

Have quickly put a wee bit out just now, & it's trying to rain, but only at the front of the house & washing out the back.

At least it'll be warmer tomorrow morning. Today though upstairs was cold, downstairs not bad- who accidently left the lounge gas fire on low all night? J.

02/11/2012 at 20:32

I've not contributed on here for a few days as I'm running out of ways to discribe rainy days. Today's box broke the weather up by putting in a moon at 6pm but it was dark by 4.30 due to dark rain clouds.

I've not seen the garden all week as it's been dark when I've got home from work but suspect tomorrow when it is seen, it'll look like Water World...

02/11/2012 at 21:37

Thunder, lightning and rainbows at dawn!  Lots of heavy showers.  Lots of rainbows all day.  At least they're pretty!  For the rest - it's pretty dire!

03/11/2012 at 13:11

Malvern

Rain first thing but now wind as droppped, sun has come out and it surprisingly warm. Washing on the line but ground too wet to plant my remaining tulip bulbs

03/11/2012 at 13:35

Have been trying to do some exterior painting for weeks here in the Fens. Still need one more dry day to finish the job. I have realised that the weather forecast on BBC web site is obtained by consulting a chicken's entrails; today was supposed to be dry and it has been raining for 2 hours.

03/11/2012 at 13:45

It's actually sunny with a slight breeze today here in WManchester. Only about 8-9C at the mo.T'was cold first thing in my back garden though, only 1C at first light.

Not worth putting the washing out now, it'll still be wet/damp as the sun soon disappears from the back garden this time of year.

However, we are now warm again! Having to learn all about the new system- not as simple as it first appeared. J.

03/11/2012 at 13:55

Bright but very cold here in N Yorks, and very chilly last night.

Jo, I'm glad you have your heating back - this is not the weather to be without it!

03/11/2012 at 14:02

Stockton weather? I do not really know. It started sunny and clear although bitterly cold with a North westerly breeze which brought cloud so the lights went on and now it is sunny again?
The box says partly cloud, which part is that then, it looks a bit blue up there to me with some dark cloud well South. I think they should throw the bones up again and chant their incantations, they must get it right some day.

Frank.

03/11/2012 at 16:25

Nice and sunny today but a b...... cold wind blowing. Went to allotment and managed to plant onion sets before i got too cold to do anymore. Rain for tomorrow i think

03/11/2012 at 16:28

It started off well, then had some showers and right now we are having a hailstorm again.

03/11/2012 at 16:33

We seem to several seasons in one day. Now sitting in the warm knitting dolls clothes for a local charity. Cant sit around and do nothing

03/11/2012 at 19:56

It's rained for the most the day here, interspersed with the occasional hail storm. Very chilly this evening but the forecast is good for tomorrow.

03/11/2012 at 21:51

It's been glorious here today,  sun from the start but not very warm,  this morning it was like a typical Autumnal morning,  crisp,  fresh and sunny not a single breath of wind lovely,   it's dropping down to 1.9c now and there's -1c forecast through the nigh.t 

04/11/2012 at 10:01

Solid frost, blue sky, some cloud, the box tells me Stockton is cloudy, quick look out of window----------"nope".

Frank.

04/11/2012 at 10:33

Woke up to very strong wind and heavy rain. Now trying to brighten up but every time I go out it starts to rain. I was really lucky to get a compost bin on freegle yesterday. Have moved it to where I want it but not sure if I need a base. It's sitting on flat concrete. Any one know if it would be best to have a base or not please.

04/11/2012 at 10:43

Bev, A wire base would be ideal although it is only to keep the rodents out of the compost. If you have some old tiles or packing to put under the edges anything from a quarter of an inch to around an inch will let the air in from the bottom.
If you do pack it up a bit then put some brush or thin sticks in the base, a covering again to let the air circulate.
Compost needs "Air Warmth and Damp" it will generate its own heat in time and never soak just damp each layer as you load it up, air is one of the important things..

Frank.

04/11/2012 at 10:45

You can put compost in but I would put a layer of garden soil or garden compost on base with a few worms thrown in before you add stuff to decompose. but I'm just learning as well, there is a thread calle d 'what to put in compost' that may be useful

Herre we have rain, struggling to clear up =can see top of hills. Greenhouse trmp was minimum 0.5 so I guess it was about -2 outside overnight.

04/11/2012 at 13:31

OMG,  went out with the dog in total panic mode as it was a total white over with frost,  by the time I got over to the field my tongue was stuck to the roof of my mouth it was only 0.5c so glad to get on the grass but I had to conquer the fear of slipping over again,  glad to get home I must say,   it's a tropical 3.5c now and the fog is rolling in slight breeze well just enough to make the leaves shiver. 

04/11/2012 at 13:55

Oh dear,  it's on it's way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20197064

04/11/2012 at 14:14

WManchester is bright & breezy again, although clouding over again now.About 8C out there now.

We too were below freezing first thing & you could just see it on the grass.

No gardening for me today though. We are having a BIG sort out of 'stuff', you know the sort of thing that gets in your way for a couple of yrs & then you wonder why?

So now a pile for tip, to keep, charity pick-up, & really must sort out properly. We'll get there! J.