London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
17/11/2012 at 10:51

WManchester- It did rain all last evening & night. Brightenjng up a bit now, but noticably colder. J.

17/11/2012 at 18:06

Well the rain did come but ti started last night about 8ish and carried on through the night till 9.30 this morning, so the ground that was drying out is now sodden again  not been to bad today sort of a typical Autumnal day cloud and sunny spells but very cool,  even now it's 3.8c so going to be a cold night.

17/11/2012 at 18:36

The headline on a tabloid paper briefly glimpsed in s'market said we are in for ghastly winter, anyone else see that?

18/11/2012 at 10:43

The lawns are white, it is very cold, the sky a clear blue in all directions.
The trees are a lovely rainbow of colour although the leaves are getting less by the minute. So you could say Sunny Stockton.
Winter for a gardener is best cold Artjak it gets rid off some of the nasties that plague us after a mild winter, lets get it over and start gardening again.

Lamb roasting slowly, Roast spuds, plenty of veg with Yorkies.

Frank.

18/11/2012 at 10:57

Palaisglide, I agree with you that the cold gets rid of some of the nasties; but it also, if extreme, gets rid of some of the niceys.

18/11/2012 at 11:04

Still have ironing to do. Bah humbug

18/11/2012 at 11:17

It was only 2.2c when I was out with the dog but wall to wall sunshine,  glorious,  a few wispy clouds rolling in now and a tropical 8.6c but still sunny slight breeze and the birds are busy at the fat balls and the Collard Doves busy at the seed along with my little Robin.

18/11/2012 at 11:35

Was below freezing in my back garden this morning & daughter had to scrape ice from her car after a night shift.

Now it's gloriously sunny out there, but no wind at all. Will walk up to park later to allow OH to get some photographs of the trees in all their colours. J.

18/11/2012 at 11:36

Worcs

Glorious day. Woke up to a covering of frost, Bright and sunny and not as cold as I thought, a garden tidying day.

19/11/2012 at 11:22

Well we did get up to the park, but the majority of leaves had already fallen.

The rest will probabaly go today- wet, wild & windy out there now. Day for staying indoors. J.

19/11/2012 at 11:26

Worcs

Very dark and gloomy.Sort of day when you need light on all day BUT it is dry and just a little breeze. Outside not toocold either. Hills are clear though

19/11/2012 at 12:56

Jo with you today staying in, Daughter is in Lisbon but I am still scurrying around cleaning up in case she gets back early.

Stockton.
Damp cold windy, I could hear a tapping on the window and looking out there is a Pauls Scarlet climbing rose fully formed and open, as it is against the wall it probably has a micro climate, it put a smile on my face. Plus a big rise in my industrial pension and the PDWP saying they are putting a lumper in my bank, I am beginning to love Christmas.

Frank.

19/11/2012 at 15:50

Saw proper carpet bedding in a park in Kings Lynn and a small child running towards piles of big golden leaves with an expression of absolute ecstasy on his face. Sunny, cold and most people smiling.

19/11/2012 at 20:24

Dark, cloudy and wet today. 

I tried my hand at hard wood cuttings yesterday, gooseberry and blackcurrant. A few weeks ago I did some evergreen shrubs, and they still have their leaves on, it'll be interesting to see if they get through the winter. Planted the last of the bulbs, brought some Geraniums indoors and dug up the last of my dahlia tubers. I've two empty pots at the back door now and don't know what to plant in them.

20/11/2012 at 14:00

Dark, very wet, 4.5mm rain overnight and still raining! 

Bought some nectospernum bulbs today - Wilkinsoon buy one get one free (£2)- and have just sorted out a bed where they can go. Just need weather that entices me outside even for half an hour.

20/11/2012 at 14:50

Damp dour not at all sunny, well that was me out of the shower this morning, Stockton's weather much the same as I felt then.
A visit to the Super market I found masses of snow shovels on sale?
Do they know something we do not???

Frank.

20/11/2012 at 15:02

So dark in the Fens need light on to type despite being right next to window. Am desperate to do a good days work in the garden - it might have to be tomorrow even if it's drizzling.

20/11/2012 at 15:20

Walked down to the hospital this morning in the dry, just.

It must have rained whilst busy inside, but was dry when had lift back home. Now it's heavy rain & yes need the light on. J.

21/11/2012 at 10:40

Malvern Hills

Yesterday I recorded 4.5mm od rain. It hasn't stopped so today there is 25mm of rain ie 29.5 mm I am wondering how much there will be by the time it stops.

Set out on a journey to go up to Staffordshire today but had to turn back as so many roads flooded. Went through 3, but the last one was the sort where we weren't sure if car, would come out, so deep. Turned round and rowed home.

So dark

21/11/2012 at 11:07

Raining heavily in Halifax, has done all night, its dull and damp but not too cold and yes I have the lights on its dark indoors!

I was hoping to go to the German Xmas market in Leeds later! Hope it clears up a bit