Start a new thread

201 to 220 of 4,153 replies

HyppyByker

My seedlings are damping off because it's so damp even in the greenhouse and short of putting the heater on I don't know what to do to help things - all the windowsills indoors are already full

marshmello

Wet, wet, wet - northeast.

Teesside, when we did get it early evening yesterday it was a full blown storm, the rain was running down the windows like a power shower which it probably was.
Today raining when I put the bin out although it is now barely a drizzle and brightening as I write.
HappyByker David is right, my greenhouse is open to allow some air to circulate closing it down and putting heat on will not help now.

Frank.

FloBear

Morning all. East Dorset very windy - nearly blew my little dog inside out! Lots of red flood warnings all along the Rivers Stour and Avon. Rain overnight, I think, but not yet this morning.

sotongeoff

Back to the sunshine and showers here in Southampton

Advertisement

Wintersong

South-East Inland: very windy here, but at least there's no rain.

brenda1952

East Midlands is sunshine and showers today. An improvement on yesterday's deluge. Brenda

mum3756/__0

North Lanarkshire,  cold heavy rain with hail stones!

Shrinking Violet

Sunshine and showers in Somerset - a bit more sun than shower, for once.  Very soggy underfoot, though.

Rainjustlearning

Rain,  rain and more rain,  the ground can't take any more so it's just laying on the top now,  in one spot the grass is under water much like this,  this was taken last year and it's not far short of it now,  no flowers yet like this they are all still in the gh waiting to be pricked out.  I have a Blackbird that has sort of claimed the garden as his own have called him Charlie as he's a cheecky little thing ,  he was having a bath in the water this morning,  it was so nice just watching him splashing around.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/rainjustlearning/IMG_0354.jpg

Wintersong

I pity your flood Rainjustlearning!

I have a nesting pair of Blackbirds in my Ivy, right above my kitchen window. I'm so happy about that 

chrissmith11

Kirkcaldy, East central Scotland. Heavy showers,breezy and chilly! Lovely weather- not!

jude5

Wintersong - had blackbirds in the ivy on the wall opposite my kitchen window a few years ago - lovely to watch - until one of the nestlings fell into the 'water feature' below- have felt guilty ever since Weather here in Chester persistent to say the least, which is why I'm on here instead of out there.

Alina W

Rain, rain and rain in North Yorks.

Borders looking like Rain's, too, and part of the lawn - the ground is saturated, and local rivers breaking their banks.

Advertisement

Wintersong
jude5 wrote (see)

Wintersong - had blackbirds in the ivy on the wall opposite my kitchen window a few years ago - lovely to watch - until one of the nestlings fell into the 'water feature' below- have felt guilty ever since 

Thanks for the heads up! I will certainly make sure underneath is clear of dangers!

sotongeoff

Same stuff again today,supposed to be dryish tomorrow,"we are all going to die" weather forecast for Sunday.

ho-hum

Alina W

Supposed to be dry today, so why have I just got wet going outside the door?!

Supposed to be fairly dry tomorrow, but back to the soggy stuff on Sunday.

I'm sure I'm developing webbed feet....

Rainjustlearning

I have cloud and blue sky for a change today but how ling it will last is the big question,  a tropical 10c oh and now the sun is shining but there's a very cooling breeze ho hum