London (change)
Today 9°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 10°C
05/12/2012 at 23:07

fab

06/12/2012 at 10:50

A covering of snow in Stockton cold with low cloud in parts, I have a good all round view so can see some clear patches.
Shopping to do snow or not so it is warm pully time.

Frank.

06/12/2012 at 13:12

Very cold - Brrrrrr! and dry. Now it's clouding over and the hills seem to be misting - maybe worse to come

06/12/2012 at 14:01

Below freezing first thing here.

Now a cold brisk wind & sleet.

Have fed the birds & now will keep warm & busy inside. J.

06/12/2012 at 22:33
Snowed all afternoon and early evening, light stuff now turning to sleet. Gritter's been up and down several times, so road is clear.
06/12/2012 at 22:57

Lordy it was cold today! But have just walked back from a party with a neighbour, full of wine having danced for hours and somehow it didn't seem that cold anymore.

07/12/2012 at 07:53

It's snowing in the Fens

07/12/2012 at 12:18

I live in the fens but we have no snow as yet!!  Flipping cold, windy and wet though.  Just hope my bees survive the winter.

07/12/2012 at 12:23

We had very heavy rain hammering on the windows over night, now it is lighter but still rain.

Driving through floods yesterday , the fields are just not draining of water, the floods had ice on them. Warmer today though, but windy.

07/12/2012 at 12:37
Here in the Netherlands in Noord Brabant 80 km from the coast is it not very cold today 3.4 C there was snow this morning, but it is melting now.
and there is hardly any wind. Rather nice weather i think for this time of the jear.
07/12/2012 at 14:23

Well Dutch-Ellen I live across the North Sea from you Stockton on Tees and it enough to freeze the toes off a brass monkey.
We had a lovely sunny morning, the snow and ice vanished overnight although a band of cloud has swept in over the coast and looks threatening, it is the wind chill that causes the bother and at the moment I would say it is 1 to -1 brrrr.

Frank.

07/12/2012 at 15:11

It started out sunny, but has clouded over now. 4-5C out there now. Cold wind, more NNE in our back- just been down to add kitchen veg waste to the compost bin. Wind has increased since I did bird feeders this morning.

Noticed that all the fuschias, both in tubs & ground, have all 'been got' by the recent frosts. Lots of cuttings on various sills ready for next yrs pots.

After last nights' rain was surprised not to see ice everywhere. OH only felt his car slide just as he turned into the top of our road. J.

07/12/2012 at 17:33
No snow in my part of the Chilterns ...yet, but down in Marlow parts of town are still flooded where the Thames came over the banks. Otherwise another lovely sunny day, chilly wind, but a day to get out and get things done. I spent the afternoon putting up new bird feeders and drinking trays, so they should do alright for a while. Have a little wren who jumps all around the patio and appears to be getting insects from the geraniums still flowering in an old sink!
07/12/2012 at 18:53

lindylou333, the snow only lasted a few minutes I think, but they were HUGE snow flakes coming across the garden almost horizontally.

The rest of the day it has been getting warmer.

07/12/2012 at 20:37

Hi everyone,  came back from Leeds on Wednesday to an inch of snow,  great for me as I have some "Snowtrax"  that came from a friend in  Canada they are great for snow but not much good on frost/ice,  glad to say (or maybe not) the snow has all gone but it's been lashing down through the night so the borders this morning were flooded and it has been raining through the day,  temps are not to bad a warm 3.8c at the moment but they are supposed to plummet next week with heavy snow  just as long as my Daughter and SIL make it for Christmas I'm not bothered.

08/12/2012 at 15:09

Dull today, barely no wind.

Was just below feezing, in the back garden at first light today. Now a very balmy (!) 6-7C out there.

Fed the birds & squirrels! Discovered that my autumn sown sweetpea seedlings have been eaten whilst in the coldframe! J.

08/12/2012 at 16:10

Spectacular sunset with streaks of orange and apricot (as was dawn this a.m.) in the Fens, might be able to go and tidy my studio without getting hypothermia as it is not that cold.

08/12/2012 at 16:25
Been lovely today. 12 degrees at lunchtime and sunny with no wind. ,still sunny late afternoon but getting colder now. Big freeze coming apparently! "they" said same last year but we had two mini "heat waves" ..remember?... in Jan and March.
08/12/2012 at 16:44

Last Christmas day was very mild. We had had a wood burner and were unsure how to lay it etc. Son came on a visit and demonstrated - it was so mild we were sitting there in T-shirts and windows open to cool down while it burnt 

08/12/2012 at 19:22

It's raining again now. J.