London (change)
Today 13°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 7°C
11/12/2012 at 09:19

Stockton, bright sunny and no frost, the plus side of living with one foot in the North Sea "Rain" cool in summer warmer in winter. My Son in the Vale of York has heavy frost.

Frank.

11/12/2012 at 11:04

Trying again! North Cumbria; woke up to a white winterscape. Had a very heavy frost and to the south the lake district hills look white with snow as do parts of the pennines to the east. Still although bitterly cold it is not raining  and the sun is actually shining so aim to make the most of it although no way to get out onto the garden and dig as the ground is frozen solid and according to the weather forecast will remain like that for some time. Hey ho!

11/12/2012 at 12:18

Very cold herre =Worcs

Fog is slowly encroaching lower down the hills and they are now invisible. Think it's freezing fog but am not going outside to find out!

11/12/2012 at 13:06

Mist or fog in the distance, getting closer, here in Norfolk.

11/12/2012 at 15:52

It's CCB here,  clear, cold and bright,  touch of ice on the ground this morning so was rather nervous when I took the dog out,  it will be year this coming Monday since I fractured my ankle so no repeat is necessary  still cold oh just looked and it's 0.0c so guess the next is a -c.

11/12/2012 at 16:28

Below freezing first thing this morning, but sunny & dry, so walked down to local hospital quite safely. Lots of people scraping the ice off their cars.

This evening just got back to notice that the frost didnt lift at all off the one side of the back garden. Literally just above freezing out there now. J.

11/12/2012 at 17:13

Fog worse in the Fens; debating whether to risk 20 minute drive to evening class.

11/12/2012 at 18:03

Frosty, clear and bright here today, with the promise of more frost overnight.

11/12/2012 at 19:06

Is the above an advertisement?

Just gave up on evening class; got 1 mile down the road and realised that even driving at 20 m.p.h. it really wasn't safe. Visibility is v. bad and these country roads have no white line down the middle, so keeping out of the ditches is quite tricky.

11/12/2012 at 19:07

Spam-ignore-have reported it to moderator

11/12/2012 at 21:40

Bitterly cold all day and freezing tonight. At work someone had parked their car all day in the car park and had to scrape ice of the windscreen come home time. 

11/12/2012 at 21:52

Very foggy all day, has cleared a little but now oh so cold. Hope my little pants are all OK. will try and look tomorrow without going on grass

12/12/2012 at 09:59

Stockton on Tees, Light frost, light cloud, quite light, cold.
No mist can see the hills with the sun behind them although not breaking through here, "oh well" another day another dollar as they say.

Frank.

12/12/2012 at 10:20

Whoops wrote 'pants' instead of plants

Today there is freezing fog,. we have to go up to Staffordshire so hope it clears fro journey hoe

12/12/2012 at 11:27

Am going to try and upload a picture of frost (Tinkling Bell, I really enjoyed your mistake, was worried about your frozen pants)

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16554.jpg?width=533&height=350&mode=max

This is frost on flax; a plant I enjoy hugely in the summer with it's brilliant blue flowers, and now with the frost it is such a fine tracery of skinny stems against the little conifer, I love it. So as you can see it is a bit frosty in the Fens

12/12/2012 at 14:16

Another frosty but dull day in WManchester. Below freezing again first light. Been out & about, sometimes sun (!) & others quite misty. No real fog here though. Only about1-2C out there even now. J.

12/12/2012 at 17:14

Back. As we went North so it became warmer - 2C

Now home --2c and has not been higher all day

13/12/2012 at 10:02

Sunny, blue skies and very thick frost on everything.

13/12/2012 at 10:23

Was -4C again out the back this morning. Now brilliant sunshine, which hasnt yet reached the sensor, still below freezing!

One of my Morrisons flower buckets has split! I grow my mint in it & never thought to wrap it, but of course the plastic isnt very thick & will have started to perish. Have just tucked it back against the house wall for now.

Have deiced the gate lock, added WD40 & left it open for a bit. Then I could get fresh water &  ground food out for the birds. J.

13/12/2012 at 10:27

Stockton has heavy frost with a mist, freezing when I put the bins out, it is trying to brighten up so the sun is up there somewhere.

Frank.