London (change)
Today 11°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 4°C
13/12/2012 at 13:00

Highest temo i greenhouse -1.5 lowest temo -5.5

Everything is white, and has not been above freezing for 2 days

BJay

13/12/2012 at 14:51

When I was out with the dog last thing last night it was -3.8c then through the night the freezing fog rolled in and dropped to -4.5c then when I got up this morning it dropped to -5.4c and even  now it's only -3.2c so not above freezing for 24 hours ho hum. oh and the freezing for is back.

13/12/2012 at 15:13

The frost got frostier, the fog got foggier, the cold got colder and the idiot drivers on the supermarket car park got more idiotic, they were fighting over the parks closest to the doors when 20 yards away dozens of empty places.
It will not be a good night in Stockton then.

Frank.

13/12/2012 at 16:33

Everything white and frozen solid. Temp is still about -3C - brrr!

My garage is full of plants taking shelter....

13/12/2012 at 18:09

OMG  it's - 5.8c  but at least the freezing fog has gone,  that was strange as it was there about 20 minuets ago,  maybe it will warm up,  I'm supposed to have 7c tomorrow and very wet 

13/12/2012 at 18:57

Absolutely freezing!

13/12/2012 at 20:55
Warming up (just), in Chilterns, but still pretty nippy and still some frost on fir trees - still looking very Christmassy. In Windsor this morning, and the Castle looked absolutely glorious across frozen Home Park - loads of Japanese tourists going into warp-drive with their cameras - totally understandable tho'.
13/12/2012 at 21:23

Bitterly cold this morning and no better this evening. I'm coming down with a cold, haven't been warm all  day.

13/12/2012 at 21:46

Bad luck, Zoomer - have a hot toddy, it might help.

Down to under -4 here at the moment, but supposed to warm up tomorrow.

14/12/2012 at 10:32

Stockton on Tees is dampish, warmish, and very dark, I have lights on everywhere so those windmills will be working overtime, either that or another ton of brushwood gone up in flames at Wilton (green fuel) or so they tell me???
What happened to the simple life and cheap electricity.

Frank.

14/12/2012 at 11:21
Same here in the Chilterns Frank. At least I won't be paying so much to British Gas today - the central hearings only ticking over at the moment!
14/12/2012 at 11:25

Worcs - Dark, wet, but still ice in the tn bath and bird bath. -As they said much milder

WEnt outside late last night in the hope of seeing the asteroid shower but far to cloudy

Bjay

14/12/2012 at 11:45

Fens frost free; hurrah!

14/12/2012 at 12:32

Chucking it down in Manchester now. No frost today, but did get quite cold last night before the cloud cover increased.

Dark here too. Why didnt I do the cleaning yesterday when easy to see what doing?! J.

14/12/2012 at 13:44

When I went to bed last night it was -7c then through the night it got warmer or should I say less cold by 3am it was -3.1c then when I got up about 9am it was 2.3c just about tropical,  now it's 5.1c and lashing down,  just what I need,  more rain the ground this morning was still frozen so it laid on the top so it's like a lake on the back grass,  my poor worms and birds 

14/12/2012 at 15:04

"Rain" what were doing at three in the morning with time to check the temperature, I hope it is not in the green house??
My Daughter was moving today so I forecast rain, did not tell them though and down it came. I was hand delivering cards posting the third lot and calling on Daughter to see if all was well.
The water was flooding off the fields onto the back lanes even the dual carriageway had water laid on it.
They had so many helpers the removal men could not get in the house but I went straight out back to see the biggest garden of us all and laid to grass what a waste, that will alter.
Coming away in a storm of rain past the Wynyard it was full lights and crawl through the ponds, as I pulled through one wheel deep I saw a car coming the other way at full speed, did not stop to see what happened, idiots.

Frank.

14/12/2012 at 15:55

3.50 Absolitely throwing it down. It did stop then this came suddenly, hammering on the windows, dog was out and he was totally soaked!

14/12/2012 at 18:22

Absolutely throwing it down here most of the day, so the frost and ice is gone, if nothing else.

14/12/2012 at 19:20
Palaisglide wrote (see)

"Rain" what were doing at three in the morning with time to check the temperature, I hope it is not in the green house??

Hi Frank,  no I wasn't in the green house I went to the loo and I always look out of the window to see what's going on outside.

It's been rain rain rain all day but it did get to a high of 5.5c but the wind has been very naughty as well,  supposed to be a bit better tomorrow,  will wait and see.

14/12/2012 at 20:35

It's rained all day here in the NW. Been out driving in it most of the day too. Was driving south on the M6 just before mid day in heavy rain and for some reason the over head signs were warning drivers of the sever weather conditions in the NE  giving the impression...if you think it's bad on this side of the country... it's even worse on the other side