21/12/2012 at 10:12

It's barely light here too Frank.

Was supposed to be dry & breezy- well it's trying to be dry, I keep seeing the odd spots on the window & not much breeze either. So the 2 lots of washing done in anticipation of a passable day will end up tumbled-again. J.

21/12/2012 at 11:41
Dry and about 12degrees. Sun trying to poke through....think it will. Heavy rain forecast again tonight. So much water on the roads, fields, in people's houses. My ground is light sandy loam so a couple of dry days.....is that possible?.......and it will dry out.
21/12/2012 at 12:32

Bright sunshine, but there are clouds. No need for extra light here, a chill wind though. 8mm rain yesterday, Here we are bracing ourselves for the next rain band, as there are roads flooded now, so tomorrow could be worse.

21/12/2012 at 12:47

The Fens; so warm have not had any heating on, overcast but NOT raining, hurrah!

21/12/2012 at 20:24
Sunny and warm down on the Thames - aired the greenhouse and planted out some pots of primroses....although they'll probably get washed down the hill into the Thames after the next bout of rain!
Glad to hear Frank has been supported over the years with his beers - hopefully many more of them ( years, and beers! )
21/12/2012 at 20:52

Frank. You've brightened up my day..LOL. 

Haven't seen much weather this week, being the last week before Christmas, have been office bound catching up on paper work before the holidays. From the office window it was dull and wet here in the NW.

The cold I thought I was getting turned out to be a skin infection on the side of my face which had run down the ear duct. By Wednesday one ear was the size of a cabbage, thank heavens for antibiotics and penicillin... and a day off work  it's now almost resumed it's normal size. 

21/12/2012 at 22:28

Do take care Zoomer make sure you take all the antibiotics.

It's been wet here and a chilly 4.5c  supposed to be torrential tomorrow,  great more rain 

22/12/2012 at 00:21

Zoomer, Sorrrrrry but i just stopped laughing, I know you should not laugh at peoples ills but it did so much remind me of one of my chat up lines.
Take girl in arms for a nice slow jitterbug, whisper softly in lug hole, "darling you have ears like a mouse" then the punch line, " a hippo potto mouse" find myself sitting on floor from a swift uppercut, another girl friend gone, "I wonder why"?

Driving down the naked lanes today or was that driving down the lanes naked??? I was passing acres of lake where no lakes exist, a couple of dips where it was wheel arch high and decided I was better off at home. More to come over night.

Frank.

22/12/2012 at 09:28
It is now getting bad in parts of Cornwall. More flooding last night and this morning on top of earlier floods. Landslips and people vacating their properties. Nothing but rain in the forecast. All so unreal....................
22/12/2012 at 10:53

Stockton on Tees, a very wet night, I was on the road at eight they were all running water.
Had a good breakfast did shopping and home by ten via back lanes with standing pools of water, a slow careful run, well that was me, there are some right idiots out there in charge of killing machines.

Frank.

22/12/2012 at 11:30

Torrential out there in WManchester too.

Was out & back early on & didnt get too wet. Hibernating now.

Good luck to those in the flood affected areas. J.

22/12/2012 at 11:32

I feel so sorry for people whose homes are flooded, especially on the edge of Christmas; it seems so churlish to whinge about the Fens being soggy.

22/12/2012 at 11:38
Latest is a family has radioed for help. Their home s under 3 feet water and needs help to move everything. Xmas pressies, tree, new fridge, sofa, etc etc all under muddy water. in nearby Helston several people evacuated from their homes too. And another land slip in mid Cornwall. Oh! For a dry spell
22/12/2012 at 14:23

Verdun, how really dreadful; our thoughts are with all these people whose homes are being damaged so badly.

22/12/2012 at 22:32
As a Cornishman now living over the Tamar, I send everyone in Kernow my best wishes and the hope that things are not going to get much worse.

Also hope my little sister in Germansweek in Devon is OK, as I haven't been able to get hold of her. Living on the edges of the Moor, she sometimes finds herself trapped by snow or flooded roads - pretty remote where she is. My thoughts are with everyone down there - and of course with the rest of the country who are suffering.
22/12/2012 at 22:34

P***** it down all day, thankfully although most  roads are flooded does not seem nearly as bad as Cornwall/Devon.

23/12/2012 at 09:19

Stockton on Tees is fine and clear today, blue sky and drying nicely, not quite as warm though.
Commiserations to the people who will not be able to have Christmas at home in the South, you just do not expect the maelstrom they got .

Frank

23/12/2012 at 10:11

DRy day today, Hopefully will dry out roads and my quagmire of a lawn, went flying trying to retreive  a cat last night.

Hope southern Forum members inSW are OK

23/12/2012 at 10:51

Dry, sunny & windy out there today. I watched the outside temperatures rise last evening!

I just cant imagine how awful it must be for some folks. Take care everybody. J.

23/12/2012 at 14:00

The Fens; dry and warm, I hope it is the same for people in the South West.