London (change)
Today 17°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
23/12/2012 at 14:23

Dry, sunny and breezy today - a bit of a dry spell wouldn't come amiss.

All good wishes to folks in the SW.

23/12/2012 at 14:34
Dry, very warm..almost humid....but rain looming and it's forecast to be heavy and prolonged. Plants though, want to keep flowering!
23/12/2012 at 22:00

Gale force winds today  where the hell did they come from but it has been just about tropical at 9.7c no wonder the heating didn't come on,  oh well Christmas Eve tomorrow,  are these boards open Christmas day ?

24/12/2012 at 10:01

It can be so cold here in winter in Dordogne and the rain can come down like solid sheets but yesterday it was 14° and sunny, which was lovely with all the grandchildren here. It must be so awful for those who've been flooded.

24/12/2012 at 10:29

Drizzly Fens, v. overcast; my laptop is right next to a window but have had to switch a light on to type. Am desperate for a good long walk, but think it will be more of a squelch.

Any news on flooding in the south west?

24/12/2012 at 10:43

Stockton, someone upstairs forgot to put the light on again although the leak seems to have stopped, so it is dull and drear, I had to put my own lights on.
Lizzie, my Son is getting ready for a move your way yet we are reading bad things about the French Locals, a bit worrying.
Once long ago near Bethlehem I spent Christmas on guard looking up at a clear sky full of stars wondering. There were many bright stars some to the South I had never seen before, now which one was it, then I heard a voice!! "don't be resting your B##### eye's look to your front" yes Sergeant, another Christmas gone.

Frank.

24/12/2012 at 11:13

Dull and drizzly here - horrid but nothing like what some people are having to contend with - our thoughts are with those coping with floods. 

My Mediterranean herbs are in 4 inches of standing water, and we're on free draining sandy loam on a terraced slope.  Think I'll have to re-jig the herb garden in the spring - the rosemary doesn't look happy   

24/12/2012 at 11:53

Well it was dry to start with in Manchester. Not now, steady rain again. Lights on, oh well come the midddle of January we'll start to notice longer days. J.

24/12/2012 at 17:05

A dry start but soon turned to steady rain.  Hope everyone has a good Christmas and manages to keep dry. 

Frank - make sure you're fully covered if you go outside

Caz

x

24/12/2012 at 19:19
Happy and dry Christmas to all! To family in Cornwall, Nadelik Lowen ha Bledhen Nowyth Da!
24/12/2012 at 20:52
dmball wrote (see)
in Cornwall, Nadelik Lowen ha Bledhen Nowyth Da!

I'm amazed how similar that is to Welsh dmball.  Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

24/12/2012 at 22:07

Hello - long time since I was last able to post.  But Happy Christmas one and all, from the soggy South West.  OK here, but some of the floods are perilously close, so we'll batten down the hatches and hope it dries up a bit.  And there we all were a few weeks ago anticipating a white Christmas!

25/12/2012 at 15:43
Nadolig Carolau - did you know how similar the Breton language is - Nedeleg Laouen na Bloavezh mat? We're all Celts and no doubt the Basques have words and phrases that could ring long distant bells!
Hope everyone is having a joyful Christmas.
26/12/2012 at 08:31

Dry and bright here in Norfolk with a hint of sunshine and blue-ish skies   I think a walk accross the marshes is called for .... (after breakfast )

26/12/2012 at 10:48

The Fens; brilliant sunshine but am laid low with norovirus (Christmas lunch was 2 rice cakes - yum!) so won't be striding down the canals.

26/12/2012 at 11:11
Artjak, you poor thing, could you hold Chrissie lunch till New Year's Day? Hope you are feeling better now. Sunny and windy here, think we are due for rain later in the day though.

Anyone off shopping in the sales?
26/12/2012 at 11:33

No sales shopping here- may try GC tomorrow though, cards yes & whatever takes my fancy.

After a wet day yesterday, today is bright sunshine at the mo. Was colder this morning though & only about 6C now. J.

26/12/2012 at 11:53

Stockton is dry and sunny with blue sky above although quite cloudy further north, hope it stays there.
Expecting visitors now and as I ate out they will not be getting cold turkey, now what is there in the cupboard, better go and see.

Frank.

26/12/2012 at 13:56

Was dry enough to plant a few fruit bushes and strawberries, then the rain came a little so I cotinued, came in for lunch (smoke salmon sarnnies) and now the heavens are emptying again.

No sales for me, but maybe a trip to GC next week as I have a token 

26/12/2012 at 14:18

I don't really care what it's doing outside as I've got a good old fashioned head cold and some,  my poor nose is like Rudolph's red and shining,  have managed to hang some washing out but don't think it will dry as the wind has dropped it's 5.8c so not to bad at least the rain that was forecast for yesterday didn't turn up and up to now today's hasn't either so fingers crossed,  think I'll hibernate till New Year then maybe this blasted cold will have gone