London (change)
Today 29°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 18°C
27/12/2012 at 10:12

Oh poor you Rain, take care.

Yesterdays' sun didnt last- it threw it down later on!

Was surprised to find the temperature in the back garden only 1-2C this morning. It's dull & damp out there now. Decided against the GC sale visit after all -will go next week instead! J.

27/12/2012 at 10:40

Today, as ever it is throwing it down.

In a dry spot yesterday nipped out and planted some strawberries and gooseberries, rescued a rhubarb root but still unplanted and as the rain started heeled in some raspberries. I have no idea where I am going to plant them

27/12/2012 at 11:21

Drizzle in the Fens, overcast but not horribly so.

Hope it's getting better in the South West.

27/12/2012 at 11:41

Some morose and sorrowful clouds above this morning in Stockton and they are weeping, must have watched all those repeat weepies over Christmas on TV, it would make a stone angel sad.
"Rain" head over a dish of hot water and Balsam with a towel over your head, it makes your eye's water, clears your nose, and makes you so glad to get out from under the towel you forget the cold, works for me.
I was under the impression the Fens were always wet rain or not?

Frank.

27/12/2012 at 12:35

The weather has changed, Now we have a rare thing - sunshine, clear blue sky, wow! 

bjay

27/12/2012 at 14:50

Driven from Wiltshire to Essex this morning. Rain all the way and lots of standing water. Did briefly see a yellowish ball in the sky about half an hour again but it has disappeared again, BUT its not raining at the moment.

27/12/2012 at 14:53
Dry in Rossendale, but a cold wind.
27/12/2012 at 19:13

Ah, Palais glide; in the Fens we have very little precipitation. There is a map in Cambridge botanical gardens that shows precipitation patterns for the U.K. There is a corridor from Cambridge through to approximately the Wash that is about the driest area in the U.K. We have no hills or mountains to speak of, which you will remember from geography classes cause precipitation; hence the rain in parts of Wales. The water in the ditches and canals is from the Midlands as well as run off from our local fields.

It isn't that cold here today.

27/12/2012 at 19:49

Dull and wet here. Hope your feelling better soon Rain.

My bags are packed, just need to squeeze a few more things in and I'm off to Tenerife tomorrow, something of a surprise holiday. It was a nice 22 there on Christmas day and the average is forcast 22 for the next week or so.

Happy New Year to everyone, have a good one 

28/12/2012 at 10:25

Artjak, I learned at school that every rule has opt outs variations or just plain did not work in all situations. Precipitation as any one on the North Sea coast from the Firth of forth to the Humber will tell you can happen over the open sea, no hills, soak you on the beach and by the time you get back to the car park you are in sunshine.
We are often in a sea fret and five miles inland they have a heatwave.
I worked part of my life at ICI where we used Fermentation, Conversion, Reforming and precipitation to make everything from gas to solids, we precipitated solids from liquids, think gas rising cloud forming, a precipitate added and solids dropping from a great height, you use some of them on the garden.
We were never encouraged to dig fox holes in the Fens, unless you wanted to bathe, the eels came free.
Stockton is dull wet and cold, what more can you say.

Frank.

28/12/2012 at 10:27

Mornin
YUK - very dark, windy, damp, hills are disappearing. Day for staying in and warm. Will ligt fire later for a warm 

28/12/2012 at 11:30

On South coast horrid. When will this rain stop?

28/12/2012 at 13:03

wet and damp here in Barnsley

28/12/2012 at 13:21

Wet and miserable on the Essex coast.

28/12/2012 at 14:20

Rain,Rain,Rain  and more Rain with gusts of wind to add to it all!

28/12/2012 at 14:32

Was damp first thing, not too cold. Now wet but trying to brighten up, possibly? Wind increasing too. J.

28/12/2012 at 14:58

Coming back passing waterlogged fields through the Wynyard, the golden orb of the sun suddenly blinded me, it is sinking into the west as I type, wonders never cease.

Frank.

28/12/2012 at 18:09
Wet and windy, but not that cold in Rossendale.
28/12/2012 at 20:12
Rain, rain and more rain, the garden now looks like a bog-garden and my umbrella has gone into hiding! If the temperatures drop in the new year and this continues we'll have a pretty white January!
28/12/2012 at 23:35

Sounds like those winds they promised us are starting blow.