London (change)
Today 20°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
12/01/2013 at 18:07

"Can't beat it can you" My Father used to say that after sitting on a wet river bank all day in the cold to catch a few brown trout, I never understood it Alan4711, I would think it dedication to ones interest or hobby.
South Wales must have shown me its pleasant face whilst stationed at Bridgend with nice days in Porthcawl with the local girls or dancing in Port Talbot, the weather seemed always good.
Dig the garden over in Autumn then let winter do its work, no help needed from us until the first awakenings of Spring then the saying goes "spring into action" that is how it is for me.
Getting very cold now in the North East still I am not dashing off to the local hop as was once the case, watch TV with a beer and think about seed sowing next month.

Frank.

12/01/2013 at 19:09

A nice Winters day here in this part of the NW. The sun was low though, which made it difficult driving.

The garden was dug over on October with heaps of muck and leaf compost, so not much going on there at present.

There were alot of walkers out in the Trough of Bowland today, probably due to the mild weather, if the weather stays the same tomorrow I'm threatening to go out on the bike

12/01/2013 at 19:34

Nippy in the Fens, but we have been so spoilt over the last few days, so it probably feels colder than it is.

13/01/2013 at 09:25

Stockton a dusting of frost, high cloud amid a blue sky, sunshine, Cleveland hills a golden misty glow over the valley, all in not a bad day for January.
Lamb ready to go in the oven suitably bedecked with fresh herbs and then a clean up for Daughter coming to clean me up tomorrow, what a fun life we lead.

Frank.

13/01/2013 at 10:06

Nr Lincoln.

A very light covering of snow, bitterly cold east wind, and now grey cloud, but it is January after all.

Frank, we are having lamb but not until this evening.

Chris

13/01/2013 at 10:41

you would not believe it!!! yesterday as i said and today Bright Sunshine fairly warm ,coffee shop a walk on the beech and up the garden nothing to do there except help put my mates shed back on its feet it went walk aboiut yesterday ,i said  a bit windy ,but today marvelous as Frank said " Spring to it" but a bit earlyier thats all

have a good one Alan

13/01/2013 at 10:45

West of Manchester- bright sunshine today, with a hard frost out there. Just getting above freezing as I type.

Better than yesterday, which was dry but not really sunny. Still managed to spend most of the afternoon 'doing things' out there though. J.

13/01/2013 at 11:21

Very bright frosty day. Recorded -2.7 in greenhouse so would have been colder by about 2 degrees outside.

Broke ice on pond for birds.

13/01/2013 at 14:41
Feels warm.....but only about 6 degrees.....in the sunshine and everybody is on the beach (Godrevy). No wind. Blue skies, blue sea. I don't believe we have icy weather coming! It's going to be hot tomorrow
13/01/2013 at 15:47

It's been snowing here in the NW for most of the afternoon, it's not particularly heavy though and isn't sticking. There's more forecast for tomorrow.

So much for cycling, I've been out to the GC instead and bought some more garlic, the garlic planted in November isn't showing any shoots.

13/01/2013 at 16:43

The Fens; incredibly bright sunlight, pretty cold, am just about to sprinkle 'magic' granules on drive in case it snows.

14/01/2013 at 09:34

West manchester- we had an icing sugar type dusting of snow late last night, but it wasnt below freezing at dawn.

Now it's more rain than sleet here. If this lot freezes it'll be murder out there! J.

14/01/2013 at 10:53
Light snow falling in the high Chilterns, and everything covered by about an inch of snow, but the roads are clear as the snow is not freezing, so it looks very picturesque. Went up the allotment yesterday and came back with a couple of big cabbages,several swedes and some leeks - with the potatoes in the garage, and frozen beans and peas in freezer, we should be alright for dinners this week! Tonight will be having homemade Leek and potato soup, with the addition of bacon and onion - with warm crusty bread to soak it up. A traditional English day that a lot of people around the World would probably envy!
14/01/2013 at 11:38

Worcs.

Snowing about 11 last night but now the hills are shrouded in fog and it is raining, BUT not very warm. Will probably be snow on top of the hills, 

Snow here has gone

I agree with you there DM

14/01/2013 at 12:00

Stockton started bright with a slight dusting of snow, then it clouded in from the Sea and we have heavy snowfall which is laying. Daughter rang to cancel mad Monday as they were having heavy snow just four miles away although nearer the coast.
Plans for this week??? not a lot.

Frank.

14/01/2013 at 15:27

Now here in Worcs we have bright sumshine, hils are clear, and snowless. Step outside and cold hits you though

14/01/2013 at 15:30

The Fens; snowing quite heavily now.

14/01/2013 at 16:26

Nr Lincoln.

Been snowing here since mid morning. We had had about 3" so far, but it is slushy at the moment. Frost expected overnight so travel will be very difficult tomorrow.

Chris

15/01/2013 at 10:27

Stockton looks much like a Christmas card, my trees have glacial ornaments hanging from them and it all looks very pretty the downside is I had to turn the heating up.
More snow fell and then it must have been a very heavy frost as the odd car venturing out is making a crackling sound with its tyres as it passes.
Well stocked cupboards mean I do not need venture out, "whoa up" the sun is showing its face so it may not last long.

Frank.

15/01/2013 at 12:22

Bight and sunny. COLD. no snow but lots of ice - Worcs