London (change)
Today 13°C / 7°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
18/01/2013 at 11:53

south oxfordshire got about 4 inchs now

18/01/2013 at 16:46

Nr Lincoln.

Just a light covering of snow at the moment, hopefully we have missed the worst of it.

Chris

18/01/2013 at 17:06

The Fens; It was snowing lightly for hours this afternoon; seems to have stopped now. It doesn't feel as cold as it was earlier.

18/01/2013 at 19:50

A light covering of snow here in the NW, we seem to have escaped the worst but it's

-1 tonight and snow forecast for the weekend.  Swept the paths back and front this evening.

18/01/2013 at 20:09

Snowing heavily in N. Yorks.

18/01/2013 at 22:28
6 to 8 inches in the Chilterns, and still snowing gently. This afternoon the hill at the back of my house looked like Austria - covered in kids(and adults!) skiing and tobogganing - must have been a couple of hundred people out there. Just the job - a gentle ski down the slopes, straight down to the Marlow Brewery, housed in old barns, for a free glass of Rebellion Ale.
There's plenty of food, tinned and frozen, in the garage, so for the next few days, the cars can stay where they are, and we can enjoy the views and the silent roads.
Hope you all stay safe and warm!
19/01/2013 at 09:36

dmball, sounds idyllic especially Rebellion Ale! Here in the Fens it is not snowing this morning, the 1.5 inches that fell yesterday is still there, roads look pretty clear, but I won't be venturing out onto ungritted roads.

19/01/2013 at 10:58
Still over ankle deep and trying to snow again. I don't know about venturing out in car. as our little road is impassible. When we returned yesterday car skidded to a halt when we tried to get it on drive so we have left it there. - we live in a close though so no passing traffic!
19/01/2013 at 12:11

Stockton had overnight snow although once I managed to get off the drive and onto the main road it was OK.
It is now dull and looks as if more snow on the way.

Frank.

19/01/2013 at 13:23

W.Manchester was below freezing, just, again this morning. No more snow overnight, but it keeps trying today. Not even reached 1C outside yet.The roads around had all been gritted, even the estate, so driving this morning fine.

Have fed the birds- lots around today. Loads of house & hedge sparrows earlier- great to see them again.

Now to get comfy with a seed catalogue, need to finalise my order. J.

19/01/2013 at 21:24

The snow melted over night here and it's been alot milder today.

20/01/2013 at 10:15

The weather map tells Teesside it has its own snow cloud hovering in the Tees bay ready to swoop as the bitter cold easterly wind drives it inland.
I did not really want to know that, it is dull with heavy cloud and just above freezing, what am I doing in the garden today Zilltch.
The oven is warming ready for a nice piece of Silverside and the trimmings, had visitors last night and more today.

Frank.

20/01/2013 at 10:35

Snow had all melted last night but it's all white again this morning. Here is my magnolia "Leonard Messel".

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/Busy-Lizzie/IMG_4993_zps24c9f71c.jpg

20/01/2013 at 10:39

Just above freezing first thing & still out there. Quite windy & lots of bird activity on feeders. Lots of cloud, a dull January day.

I did notice the first light around the curtains this morning is getting earlier.

Seed order done, next job sometime soon is to find the propagator which is is the shed! J.

20/01/2013 at 10:45
Steady snow here in the SE so no doubt everything will come to a standstill. I will put the bins out in anticipation of collection tomorrow but H&S will no doubt raise it's ugly head.
20/01/2013 at 11:14

Malvern Hills - clear first thing but now snowing quite fast 

20/01/2013 at 11:39

Light snow that doesnt seem to be settling at the mo,forcast is for more. Such fun.

20/01/2013 at 11:45
Heavy snow here, just tempting everyone out for a walk...
20/01/2013 at 11:50

A bit dull & overcast here, after several days of bright sunshine, albeit cold, with the temp now about 1c.

Being January with clear night skies I have been expecting the temps to drop to minus double figures but have been having "only" down to about -5c.

Still no snow yet.

Our bin is going out & even with several inches of snow on it, it will be emptied, they have to really as snow is such a regular occurance here.

I really do have respect for the snowplough/gritter drivers; don't know how they do it as they drive on ungritted roads! Actually one did slip over a couple of years back, unfortunately it was on a narrow road with a steep hillside & it went over the edge. Luckily the driver was fine but recovering such a large, heavy vehicle up the slope was another matter! Makes me shudder just to think about it.

Ah well, on with the marmalade!

20/01/2013 at 12:06

sunny, dry, no wind but cold.  prob 3 or 4 degrees.  no frost last night and no sign of snow.  expecting it to be colder tonight, maybe freezing.  if so, there are still areas of water on roads, etc., that will be dangerous first thing in the morning.