London (change)
Today 23°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 23°C / 14°C
21/01/2013 at 20:20
When are you travelling zoomer44 ? My other half heading south (stoke ) tomorrow can let you know how shap is. Brough and stainmore was closed and due more snow tonight and tomorrow.
21/01/2013 at 20:29

Thanks, Bunnysgarden. I usually come on line at about this time most evenings so will check the weather thread tomorrow.  Feel I'm in safe hands with yourself and Frank on the case 

I'm travelling Wednesday.

21/01/2013 at 20:30
No problem , he is travelling there and back so should have good idea.
22/01/2013 at 09:16

The Fens; no new snow overnight, but yesterdays is still here. Thick fog, visibility about 80 feet.

22/01/2013 at 09:18

its snowed again during the night and the side roads are like a sheet of glass as are the pavements where no one has shoveled.I have cleared the front and helped clear a few other paths ,but the snow is taking along time to clear,We have  a leaking pipe under the house in the kitchen,(a mini lake below the floor boards)I think this  the truth about the slugs ,nice and damp ,anyhow more expense.

22/01/2013 at 10:26

Brilliant sunshine in WManchester at the mo.It snowed lightly all day yetsrday, but no more overnight.

The temperature dropped as the sun rose this morning, from above to below freezing. Now just about above freezing out there despite the sun.

Need to clear our front path & daughter move her car, so I can get mine out of garage. Ice grippers for boots, salt & spade at the ready. J.

22/01/2013 at 11:21
Lovely sunshine up here now after a flurry early on, quite a tough snow hike with the dog but all good exercise they say.
Lyn
22/01/2013 at 11:39

Been raining here in Tavistock, Devon for the past 2 hours, but snow still laying on the moors and in our garden.

22/01/2013 at 11:58

Nr Lincoln.

Lovely sunshine at the moment, after very cold night. A bit of a thaw has set in, everything is dripping nicely

ChrisX

22/01/2013 at 12:24

Cold and still frosty, may be a bit of a thaw but not much. Here is a view of the hills from inside. It is the first time we have seen them clearly since last week

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/17817.jpg?width=274&height=350&mode=max

22/01/2013 at 14:51

Still no snow   yet. Temp about 2-3c & yesterday's bitter wind seems warmer (well, less freezing cold!)

Planted some £1 a packet tulips (from yesterday's foray to the gc) into a pot this morning; the ground's pretty frozen still. Some of the plants which haven't lost their leaves like the heucheras & wallflowers are looking very sorry for themselves - hopefully we'll get a warmer spell & they can drink then.

22/01/2013 at 17:21

Zoomer, went out this morning in lovely sunshine and a thaw, came back in a snowstorm. The main roads are free of snow although the A19 and A66 were closed one by snow one an accident, from Norton to the Hartlepool turn off blocked solid.
At the moment the A66 is still closed at Brough, the cross country trains on reduced service so best to check it all out before you start.
Stockton at the moment is bitter cold and the sky has cleared so a heavy frost forecast, the snow has stopped with only an inch or so down and the gritters are doing a good job even our lanes getting done.

Give me a wave when you pass, Frank.

22/01/2013 at 17:44
And zoomer motorway not a problem , shap hardly any snow , clear run right through , it will be the getting across that will be the task I think . Good luck .
22/01/2013 at 18:09

The Fens; a very slight thaw, roads pretty clear, am off to evening class in a mo so have left car at the top of the drive, if the snow freezes I won't be able to get it out.

22/01/2013 at 18:27
On the Wirral it has been lovely today, sun all day and blue skies, snow has melted a lot but there is still ice in many places. The sun felt lovely and warm this morning on my face while I was waiting for the bus , roll on spring! Has gone a lot colder now but has been nice to see the sun. My baby pansies are doing ok, I grew them a bit late in September but they have survived, got them in a sheltered place, thort the snow and ice would kill them off.
22/01/2013 at 18:38
Not too bad... 5 degrees. Rain tonight and above freezing. So far, so far! we aren't getting the snow and cold that east Cornwall and beyond are getting. It looks bad there so I hope everyone stays safe. Still have pelargonium, gazanias and bidens in flower outside
22/01/2013 at 18:43

Still a wonderful covering of snow here, its chilly outside but lovely and warm inside. I am sitting watching gardening programmes with a huge mug of mulled wine. mmmmmmmm

22/01/2013 at 21:18

Cold but free from snow here.

Thanks Frank and Bunnysgarden. Looks like it could be an early start in the morning on the train in my thermals. I'll take a good book. 

22/01/2013 at 21:33

Snowing here now - Worcs.

22/01/2013 at 21:40
Good luck zoomer.