29/01/2013 at 14:22

Rain ,rain, and wind,the ford is flowing and means trouble,the soil is so soggy ,will it ever dry out!

29/01/2013 at 14:26
Bouncing here now
29/01/2013 at 16:07

Wind - blown over Christmas tree again

Damp with bursts of heavy rain.

29/01/2013 at 17:37

Dry & surprisingly mild as I walked down to the hospital this morning. Wind increasing & trying to rain as I walked back. Got to about13C today.

Chucking it down now & very windy. J.

29/01/2013 at 18:02
Not too bad in the Chilterns -grey with some rain in the wind, but I got some digging done at the allotment - not too wet as we're about 400 feet up and any rain soon drains down to the valley and Thames. Hope everybody soon gets a chance to attack their gardens and get something positive done after all this horrible weather!
29/01/2013 at 19:49

Cloudy and wet most of the day but was a lot warmer 11C according to the temp gauge in the car. I've acquired two extra re-cylcing boxes! Checked with neighbours and they've not lost any . 

29/01/2013 at 23:20

Showery & 6-7c today, but the wind is realy starting to get up now.  I think everything's fairly secure.......

30/01/2013 at 07:30
Howling gales and rain
30/01/2013 at 09:35

6° this morning, to be warmer later. Feels mild, no wind, sun trying to shine through hazy sky. (Dordogne)

30/01/2013 at 09:50
***grabs dog and cake ...heads for dordogne l***
30/01/2013 at 09:58

Bunny, you cannot eat dog even in Dordogne.
Stockton Clear blue sky sunshine and warm, long may it last.
My Primroses are smiling at me having been in bloom since before Christmas through frost rain snow and they are still smiling whilst we moan.
There is a long row of them all from one plant I was given years ago, they get cleaned and split every year as they die down and being sheltered from North and East winds do well.

Frank.

30/01/2013 at 10:22
Haha don't worry frank she would only be coming for the trip.

How lovely primroses, I love to see them appear in hedgerows . Some cropped up beside forest tracks last year which I was delighted to see....need more in there along with the iris and geraniums that pop up here and there.

You've reminded me I need to split mine .....a pot of them will brighten things right up ! Where's my coat and hat....
30/01/2013 at 10:26

Just squelched my way around garden and am pleased to announce I have snowdrops out - hooray.

The winds have dropped though are still here but not enough to make you stay in. The sun is out and at the moment the sky is blue.

Have to cut back a snow damaged shrub which would have been cut back in March, 

Suddenly there seem to be loads of jobs. Oh Temp in greenhouse was 12.5 this morning

30/01/2013 at 10:47
Wow I'd stay in greenhouse !!! And hurrahhhh for snowdrops , I don't know where mme are though .
Winds got right up here ...wwwiiiiiillllldddddddd.
30/01/2013 at 11:03

Nr Lincoln.

Beautiful morning in Lincolnshire. Sunny, a light wind and a bit milder. Snowdrops and hellebores blooming

ChrisX

30/01/2013 at 11:15

windy here in southoxfordshire

30/01/2013 at 11:36

Stockton the weather has suddenly changed, heavy winds trying to blow the trees over on my front, cloudy but travelling so fast the sun came back out as I write, it is a storm without the rain touch wood.
Glad to hear the dog will not be casseroled and it is best to split primroses whilst still flowering although I hate doing that, just love the flowers.
Rose, my snowdrops have been out a while but they have moved themselves over time from a fairly sunny spot round a corner into shade, I love it when nature shows you the way. A new set of bulbs will go in later to help clump them up.
Chris, Flew over Lincolnshire quite  a few times when doing aerial map reading, it was in small Auster spotter planes and I think it was because there were not many features to easily recognise, I followed the canals.

Frank.

30/01/2013 at 13:44
Weathers awful here now, rain and wind not the best for pottering ! I did visit the garden centre , picked up some offers and some extras to brighten the pots, now to brave the weather.
30/01/2013 at 14:47

WManchester- started out dry & brightish. Not cold either. 2 lots of washing went outside, but as the wind increased I did wonder if it'd stay on the line.

Suddenly a huge rainstorm with really strong winds. Greenhouse roof panels- ploycarbonate- flapping & now a couple have slipped down & luckily stuck! No plants inside this winter, but wish I'd tidied away the cleaned pots on the staging- job for this w/end I think.

Going black out there again now. J.

30/01/2013 at 15:28

Nr Lincoln.

Wind has really got up, and it's turned colder. Leaves flying about, not pleasant.

ChrisX