London (change)
Today 22°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
01/02/2013 at 23:25
Due for sun over this side zoomer !
02/02/2013 at 08:25
-2.8 at the moment , blue blue blue sky, sun is shining ...happy days
02/02/2013 at 08:34

Yes, blue, blue sky and sun here, too in Cambridge but still only 1C!

S.

02/02/2013 at 09:44

The Fens, brilliant sunshine, a bit blowy, a day for getting out there!

02/02/2013 at 11:51

WManchester- brilliant sunshine, but rather nippy first thing. Frost at back & on cars at front. Still only 3+C out there at the mo.

Once the sun reaches all the back garden, usually about lunchtime,  I shall head first for the greenhouse to store the cleaned pots & then to dive into the shed!

Zoomer I know what you mean about boxes etc. I must get a pile of stuff out, whilst dry, then move the seed sowing/ fruit net etc stuff to the front ready for use. I'm still stuggling with this newish shed- 3-4yrs- which is shorter than the one it replaced, same base size, but it doesnt allow the same stacking of boxes as before! J.

02/02/2013 at 11:52

Had fun today dancing on ice with the car, Stockton council did not grit the roads.
We had rain and sleet last night then a very hard frost early on today and the roads ice rinks. I was deicing the car when a car slid round the corner sideways, the back lanes were a mixture of wet and black ice where the sun melted the ice although not where the trees shaded the road.
I stay well back using only the gear box and not the brakes watching the brake lights ahead come on and then they were off, it was fun to watch and luckily the road behind was empty, if those drivers had been through a couple of German winters they would know how to handle the cars.
Bright sunshine some cloud and a very bitter East wind at the moment, the garden would need a jack hammer on it so gardening is out today.

Frank.

02/02/2013 at 12:05

Morning - bright sunny but very cold day - slowly warming up. Lovely gardening day I think.

Lets hope we don't get any showers to dampen this lovely feeling

02/02/2013 at 12:29

Nr Lincoln.

Cold wind, bright sunshine. Ice on wild life pond first thing but has now thawed.

Hope it lasts, don't mind the cold just so long as it's sunny

ChrisX

02/02/2013 at 17:24

I have just driven back from North Norfolk coast, Wells area and was stuck behind a gritting lorry so the council must be expecting a pretty big freeze.

02/02/2013 at 17:58
We've been to west coast (solway estuary ) fabulous sunset and roads gritted all the way back home . Only 1 degree on arrival home ...feels colder!
02/02/2013 at 22:11
Lovely sunny day in Marlow, pretty breezy but the washing on the line soon dried.
Planted some shallots, in pots,so I can bring them into the unheated greenhouse if the weather gets worse again.
Finished painting the walls in the hallway, helped greatly by the bright sunshine which made the area look like a well-lit film set!

Weather permitting,up the allotment to do some more digging. Oh, and I think Frank was right last week (it probably is a bit risky planting early peas yet, even down south) - am going to plant two long lengths of guttering which can be put in the greenhouse for a while, and when the peas are a reasonable size, simply slide them all into their designated spot at the allotment. They've got two chances, as the saying goes.
02/02/2013 at 22:48

A nice wintery day here, a bit chilly but blue skies all the way to Ulverston and back. A quiet day, my freinds three children are all recovering from colds so after a walk round the wild life park they fell asleep on the drive back

Jo. I downsized too when the GH arrived. Newish shed has double doors which most of my tools now hang on and it has fitted shelving, everything goes in but there's little room left for extra stuff. Was thinking along the same lines I need to move the seed trays and smaller pots into GH.

03/02/2013 at 07:21

'Morning Forkers, pretty cold here so far but hopefully it will warm up later.

I am very impressed with all of your activities in the garden and various sheds and GHs - welll done all of you. I do every now and then do what you are doing but am still trying to get my newish home sorted by clearing out what we really don't need etc. having moved from a bigger house and doing alterations etc - seems to be taking forever. Never mind....

Enjoy your day whatever you are up to. At the moment my plan is to start on the front bedroom bit by bit - I sometimes time myself so I don't get too carried away and then it is in the lap of the gods!

S. 

03/02/2013 at 09:28
Dull, windy and drizzle with a warmer 6degrees.
03/02/2013 at 10:37

Nr Lincoln.

Cloudy and windy, but milder than it has been lately.

ChrisX

03/02/2013 at 10:39

Beautiful day yesterday and today was supposed to be the same, but oh no. Back to the grey and overcast. Such fun

03/02/2013 at 10:40

What a difference a day makes!!!

today chilly, not freezing but wind chill is high. And back to very high winds, one of the fleece covers on a pot has blown away

BUT Christmas tree is still upright - think i've done it, do have to buy extra compost now to replace the stuff that was flicked out everytime it fell

03/02/2013 at 10:58
Girasole wrote (see)

'Morning Forkers, pretty cold here so far but hopefully it will warm up later.

I am very impressed with all of your activities in the garden and various sheds and GHs - welll done all of you. I do every now and then do what you are doing but am still trying to get my newish home sorted by clearing out what we really don't need etc. having moved from a bigger house and doing alterations etc - seems to be taking forever. Never mind....

Enjoy your day whatever you are up to. At the moment my plan is to start on the front bedroom bit by bit - I sometimes time myself so I don't get too carried away and then it is in the lap of the gods!

S. 

Oi-wot is wrong with you?-WRONG DOOR AGAIN

Over here

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/fork-handles/3533-998.html

03/02/2013 at 11:03
Morning all. Weather here in West Yorkshire is grey grey grey and also windy. But wait! Could that be a small patch of blue sky!!! #hopeful
03/02/2013 at 11:23

Stockton low cloud cold and damp, what more can you say, apart from the Chicken is in the oven, something to look forward too.

Frank.