London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
03/02/2013 at 14:24

The Fens, jolly chilly!

03/02/2013 at 16:51

Been damp & 'grismal' all day in WManchester.

I did the shed sort out yesterday, not as bad as expected. Now all the boxes of seed trays etc are easy to get at. The nearest box contains the netting for my home-made fruit cage, which will need to be erected sometime soon.

Ok back to the top of wardrobe sort out......1 more box to go, J.

03/02/2013 at 19:35

Dull, grey skies and cold here, not shed cleaning weather, so it was a trip to the GC in search of some Red Duke of York spuds, mission aaccomplished and they were cheaper than Wilkinsons. Also looked round the sale section and bought 6 plants for 50p each. 

The fruit cage sounds a good plan.

03/02/2013 at 19:59
Forecast not looking good
03/02/2013 at 23:30

Agreed Bunny, don't like the look of tomorrow at all!

Grey & dampish today, but wind definitely getting up now .

04/02/2013 at 07:06
Forecast at bunnyville ... Grim! Gales and heavy rain so far
04/02/2013 at 09:09
Dry now but wow that is a cutting ice wind ..numb .
04/02/2013 at 09:22
bunnysgarden wrote (see)
Dry now but wow that is a cutting ice wind ..numb .

Bunny, the sensible people on this thread keep telling you you need clothes on when in the garden, apart from it freezing bits off it frightens the neighbours.
Thermals and woolly hat, you know the one with the floppy ears.
Stockton woke early to a bright bedroom and that was before seven, it is now sunny with puffy cloud, the Hills are a golden glow.
Saying that we just had a fast shower? where did that come from? Warmer although it could be a mixed up day.

Frank.

04/02/2013 at 09:45

No wind and have just watched the sun win over the grey cloud cover, Now there is a blue sky - not ventured out yet to test the temp.

04/02/2013 at 09:59
Hehe frank we were walking the dog ...fully clothed, flappy ears the lot.

Sun is out now , blue sky, wind has dropped...is this the calm before the storm !?
04/02/2013 at 11:06

Nr Lincoln.

Bright sunshine, but very windy and cold.Brrh

ChrisX

04/02/2013 at 12:59
Sun, wind, rain. Everything all at once!! Here in West/North Yorkshire!
04/02/2013 at 13:40

WE now have wind here  Gives a chill bie as you go around

04/02/2013 at 13:50

WManchester-about 7-8C out there now, but feels colder as wind is wild.

Have topped up birdfeeders, put down some more rat bait- joy, checked on the greenhouse roof panel that has flipped inwards this time, so isnt flapping/loose & am back inside. J.

04/02/2013 at 16:40

What a strange day .  About every half hour the weather has changed. 

Very windy this morning & light snowflakes were going up & sideways.  A short burst of sun followed by rain, sleet then hail, all interspersed with bright spells.  5 mins ago I could barely see the keyboard (I'm in the sunlounge) & the snow was coming down in large flakes, now it's bright & just a few fine bits are coming down - and still blowing around, but the wind has abated a lot  don't like wind.

04/02/2013 at 19:47
I know the day highland jeannie ..hail rain sun hail wind hail sun ...now snowing
04/02/2013 at 23:06

Wet and windy here. 

Another fence panel looking like it won't last the night. On Saturday I contacted the owners family of next door to discuss replacing all the panels, offering to pay half of the cost for replacement and do the work, he sounded very plesant but wanted to think it over and contact his daughter who owns the property, said he'd get back Sunday...when there was no call, I'm thinking here we go...a dispute over the fence...

Had a call back this evening...said neighbour had visited the property over Christmas whilst I was away and was making arrangements to replace it and cover the cost, as we are both responsible for the fence I'll cover half the cost but how nice is that, she hasn't lived there for over 2yrs

04/02/2013 at 23:13
That's nice zoomer
05/02/2013 at 08:04
Blizzard. Cat now completely white. Everything covered in the white stuff again! No trip into garden again today. Might even break my neck going to the compost bin.
05/02/2013 at 08:26

Sleeting now on top of a layer of snow that fell overnight. I'm sure I heard rain or perhaps hail on the windows in the wee small hours.

It was just above freezing first thing, then dropped to just below as the sleet fell.

Winds have dropped, but due to increase again later. I need to go out to investigate a 'bang' heard last evening. The greenhouse roof panels still alll there from looking out of windows, so not sure what's 'gone'. J.