London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
05/02/2013 at 08:29
Due to blizzard in the night everything is covered on all sides with white stuff , looks pretty ..but isn't .

Supposed to rain later , awaiting sun later in week.
05/02/2013 at 10:20

Stockton on Tees sunshine blue sky some puffy white cloud, I can see the Hills clearly "oh and Snow"???
The North winds shall blow and we got the snow, remember that form my school days and always in February my birth month, one reason I do not go in for early seed sowing we know it is a waste of time up here.
Have to go out to the shops, the car will need clearing and defrosting, now is the time I feel like slinging all the garden stuff out of the garage and putting the car in.

Frank.

05/02/2013 at 10:46
Think it's your turn for snow frank about 7 inches in forest just hiked with dog.
05/02/2013 at 11:02

Woke up to a couple of inches of snow, now rapidly melting , assisted by some heavy rain a while ago.  A fair bit of blue sky about; "enough to make a sailor a pair of trousers or a Scotsman a kilt"  depending on who you're talking to!

05/02/2013 at 11:36
Stormy last night. Windy now. Colder. But daffodils everywhere in cornwall
05/02/2013 at 11:39

Bunny it is never my turn for snow even though pictures exist of me sledding down the steep banks behind my childhood home covered with the stuff, at least we did have seasons back then, "whatever happened to seasons" I ask.
Jeannie "when did Scotsmen wear blue kilts"? What was under the kilt may have been blue and the bonnets they droned about on the hillsides were blue, how I wished them over the border, we lads in trews would give them three rousing choruses of Lily Marlene to wind them up. A few pints and a fight usually sorted it out, is Stirling Castle any warmer yet.
The snow is not giving here and it is getting colder actually it looks like more on the way.

Frank.

05/02/2013 at 12:35

High winds - again

Snow, at one point it was snowing on back but not front and the sun was shining thru the snow.

Snow ha stopped now winds are back Nothing has really settled though bUT too cold to stay outside. The wind chill must be brrrrrrr!

05/02/2013 at 13:50

Dry, sunny but pretty chilly in the garden today unless your in a sheltered sunny spot.

Frank

Palaisglide wrote (see)

Jeannie "when did Scotsmen wear blue kilts"? What was under the kilt may have been blue

05/02/2013 at 14:07

Eek, we've just had a heavy snowstorm. Still coming down, but at least it's a lot lighter. J.

05/02/2013 at 16:53

Palaisglide wrote (see)
.Jeannie "when did Scotsmen wear blue kilts"? What was under the kilt may have been blue and the bonnets they droned about on the hillsides were blue, how I wished them over the border, we lads in trews would give them three rousing choruses of Lily Marlene to wind them up. A few pints and a fight usually sorted it out, is Stirling Castle any warmer yet.

Frank.

Yes, I've often wondered what a light blue sky & a kilt had in common - mind you the sailors' blue is a lot darker too! I'm far too much of a lady to be thinking about what is underneath (or its' colour)

When we visited Stirling Castle it was a lovely summer day - mind you, OH nearly fell over the edge as he stepped back to take a photo - it's a long way down.....

05/02/2013 at 16:55

Ooo-er wonder what happened to the quotes above??!!

Snow all gone, showery, light breeze, about 5c.

05/02/2013 at 17:14
Highland Jeannie wrote (see)

Ooo-er wonder what happened to the quotes above??!!

Snow all gone, showery, light breeze, about 5c.

"Gremlins" Jeannie, I hit the blue quote button that appears on the right hand corner of the box when you move the cursor over it then on the quote marks on top of my reply box, it works. As to what is under a kilt, hairy legs with knobbly knees big feet on the end wrapped in boots gaiters and hose tops plus a tiny dirk "err" knife thin-gee I mean stuck in hose top. If they got stroppy we pulled our bayonets out much longer and much more dangerous, or so I was told.

Our snow has also gone a quick shower sent it on its way, bitter cold now though.

Frank.

06/02/2013 at 13:51

Just bumping the thread for a test.

06/02/2013 at 13:53

Well done....it worked 

06/02/2013 at 13:55

Can you see us yet Frank?

06/02/2013 at 13:57

Hi I'm in

Still windy and very cold but no where near as bad as yesterday. Sky is high and blueish, sun is peeking through, but no warmth!

06/02/2013 at 14:12
Insomnia1973 wrote (see)

Can you see us yet Frank?

yes thank you insomnia, it is not the first time that has happened to me, usually cured by signing out and in again.
did not work this time.

Frank.

06/02/2013 at 14:14

At least you're back now.

06/02/2013 at 14:26

And not good news Insomnia, I woke up to clear sky and sunshine, the Primroses were smiling at me and all was well with the world, apart from the thread would not work.
Half an hour ago the window cleaner came and did a good job washing everything in sight including the conservatory, as he walked out of the drive it went dark and now we have a snowstorm.
Methinks I should go back to bed and get up the other side side.

Frank. Stockton on Tees.

06/02/2013 at 14:28
Told you the snow was your turn frank glorious here , windy but cold, cleaning house even the windows ....