London (change)
Today 11°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 9°C / 4°C
06/02/2013 at 14:33

No Frank! Don't be downhearted! What's happening is, we're having all the bad weather possible now, at the start of the year, to make way for all the glorious weather to come. Mother nature is just getting it all out of her system, before making it up to us for last year. Just bear with it for a few more weeks.

06/02/2013 at 14:51

I do not do downhearted Insomnia just getting out of bed the wrong side at times.
At this moment in time we are back to clear sky and sunshine so are we getting it all in one day I ask?
Knowing our local weather I sit back and wait at the moment with a cup of tea and a biscuit, Omelette for tea so the biscuit is allowed.

You do feel a bit bereft when you are locked out. Frank.

06/02/2013 at 15:05

Nr Lincoln.

Very windy and bitterly cold. Snow and sleet showers, not a nice day.

Glad you're sorted Frank.

ChrisX

06/02/2013 at 15:09

Poured in night, cold this morning. Brightened up so went out to do some pruning, huge downpour, got wet. Went in, dried off, made cuppa, now stopped raining, sun out. Can't win.

06/02/2013 at 15:30

very windy and cold,the poor daffs are being blown about and eaten by the slugs.The ground is very boggy and have slipped into a muddy pool but i have heard the birds singing with gusto so spring cant be far away.

06/02/2013 at 16:12

Bitterly cold wind.  Heavy snowshower at 9am; by 10 it was all gone & brilliant sunshine. A few short but heavy showers but mainly lovely sunshine - well, lovely in the car - not so good when we got out .

06/02/2013 at 16:44

Total surprise this morning, no snow nor ice! The only bits of snow left were the odd bit under a hedge.

Lovely sunshine the majority of the day, but a very cold wind. I walked up to the local shops/bank & as long as you kept moving no problem with keeping warm.

Washing has been out, kitchen waste added to compost bin & the birds fed. Oh & yet again the greenhouse roof panel has slipped a bit. Hmm, time to replace with better fittings I think. Job for OH at w/end. J.

07/02/2013 at 08:16
Cold , slight frost, some snow still around on ground but red red sky ..sailors warning
07/02/2013 at 10:29

No snow today the snow has gone away, clear sky with streaks of cotton wool cloud sun at first a bit dull at the moment and cold in Stockton.
I am a bit late after castigating some fool on the local History board who came to his own, the wrong conclusions about local defence early in the war.
I sometimes cringe at what passes for history.

Frank looking out at smiling Primroses, it makes everything right.

07/02/2013 at 11:35

Cold; dry; dull.

I'm on your side, Frank; OH & I are very keen on history & can't believe what we hear sometimes!

07/02/2013 at 12:47

Jeannie, History is in the eye of the beholder not the eye of the reader and when it is happening around you you are much more interested in looking after your own than taking exact notes. I do a lot on the local History Board run by the library and even though there are official descriptions of things people still read their own views into it.

Been out and shopped as the sky clouded over and it gets even colder, is that a storm coming in over the coast.
"oh well" a hot cuppa a nice sandwich and feet up, nothing I can do out there, it is all tidy what more can I ask. When you stop to think Spring is exactly that something flexible that moves about, patience boy.

Frank.

07/02/2013 at 12:55

Today when I look outside it says I am a nice spring day. When you go outside though it is a bitterly cold day and feels as though something is building up. Thank goodness the wind has gone (phew)

07/02/2013 at 15:24

Dull, barely no wind. Coldish, not as bad as yesterday, about 4C. Just below freezing at first light.

Local news at lunchtime showed a report from outside the local hospital, which is about 11/2 miles down the road, where you could see rain & brollies. Here, no rain! J.

07/02/2013 at 16:55

It was sunny but cold here earlier and then as the day wore on it clouded over and I believe we have rain and possibly snow to look forward to during the night .

S.

08/02/2013 at 09:11
Morning

Today on the Scottish border we have a dusting of snow , fog , frost, streaks of blue sky and odd bright areas I'm assuming is the sunshine clawing its way through
08/02/2013 at 10:42

Morning Bunny, Stockton has blue sky some mottled cloud sun trying hard to get out and I have a steaming cold.
Question should I sit here wallowing in my own misery or hoover and wash the kitchen floor, wallowing ain't me so I did the latter.
About to make some potato and leek soup now as sore throat makes it hard to swallow.
Wallow, Swallow there must be a few poetic lines in there somewhere.

Frank

08/02/2013 at 10:45
Sorry about your cold get outside have a look round the garden, breathe in some fresh air
08/02/2013 at 10:50

Woke up this morning to snow on the top of the Hills. Very pretty. Now slowly melting. and the sun is trying to come out. Very cold out there though

08/02/2013 at 11:24

Bunny our fresh air is cold enough to make "err" well the hairs fall off your chest, I will be in my warm kitchen making soup and having the bottle of posh port next to me, I may even slurp some into the soup.
Sun did get out but bitter cold.

Frank.

08/02/2013 at 11:27

Coldish, but NO wind .  Sun trying to come through.

Nothing desperate to do outside & I'm really tired so playing with family history on the computer .

Well done on not wallowing, Frank - hope the cold's a quick one!