08/02/2013 at 12:27

Started off dull, but quite a bit brighter now with some breeze. So have put some washing out to flap a bit.

About 6+C out there today. Heating turned down very low so house stays comfortable. J.

08/02/2013 at 13:44

Dare I say? Almost springlike here in Staffordshire today.

08/02/2013 at 14:31

No David, that's not very kind!

08/02/2013 at 15:19
Same here now jean ... **sneaks off**
08/02/2013 at 18:01
Nice,but cold, day in Marlow. Did a good bit of digging at the allotment and prepared a bed for early peas. The ground was very friable ( the plot is on a big hill so drainage is good) but I was still surprised that the soil was so good. Have covered it with fleece and hopefully, early next week the seeds will go in, covered with cloches. Will this sunny,dry, weather last? What a silly question!
09/02/2013 at 08:57
Good morning forecasters

Dull dull cold , due rain /snow .....rather it did neither , last snow hasn't gone yet.
09/02/2013 at 09:01
See US has had snow storm, hope it isn't heading this way next ... I need to emigrate hehe
09/02/2013 at 13:17
bunnysgarden wrote (see)
See US has had snow storm, hope it isn't heading this way next ... I need to emigrate hehe

I tried that once Bunny or at least the Army decided I needed to emigrate, to the Desert well two of them, one in Africa and one in Asia Minor. I decided emigration was not what it was cracked up to be, they still made me suffer two years of it, I kissed every green field I passed on getting home cow muck and all.
Stockton.
Blue sky sunshine some dark cloud to the West which seems to be going South Son in the Vale of York will be getting that.
Lot of visitors this morning asking am I OK can I manage, yes you can make me a cup if you are having one as they sit down. I am croaking sniffling and chest heaving, apparently waiting on others is good for colds, "err right" I should now be better then.

Frank.

09/02/2013 at 13:25

Oh dear Frank, just when you really don't need them. Stll guess they meant well

Here the hils are shrouded by clouds, very damp and dank - lights on sort of day, above freezing - about 4 - but so damp feels colder.

09/02/2013 at 13:26
I couldn't stand desert ...sandy !

I'm sure you did well waiting on folks , hope you feel better soon.
Damp cold out there now , horrible.
09/02/2013 at 14:46
bunnysgarden wrote (see)
I couldn't stand desert ...sandy !

Nope Bunny, Rocky Dusty full of wildlife such as scorpions sand snakes dung beetles and giant black and red ants. Freezing cold at night burning your eyeballs out during the day sandstorms where you just closed down until it went away, if you tried to eat at noon don't bother as a tin of Bully was a drink. Good job they sent me to Cyprus for a while before going home or my Army career would have come to and end.
Still bright and clear in my neck of the woods, nice and quiet now all my well wishers have been fed watered and left.

Frank.

09/02/2013 at 17:32
Palaisglide wrote (see)

Nope Bunny, Rocky Dusty full of wildlife such as scorpions sand snakes dung beetles and giant black and red ants. Freezing cold at night burning your eyeballs out during the day sandstorms where you just closed down until it went away,

My Mum was in the Middle East (in the naafi ) for the last couple of years of the war.  She couldn't believe how during the sandstorms the sand "got everywhere" !!  It rained twice in that time; she didn't like the heat & the lack of seasons. Enjoyed the camaraderie, though.

Not too cold, very fine misty drizzle as we started to put up the first bit of (plastic) trellis. Just got loads of staples to put in now - not good at that - they keep going sideways. OH has the same problem - small hammer; they don't go in, big hammer; they flop sideways .

09/02/2013 at 17:33

Nr Lincoln.

Been a lovely day here after sharp frost. Quite spring like, made you feel like doing a bit of gardening Now turned cold with the evening drawing in.

ChrisX

09/02/2013 at 18:14
Mild and dry. Gazanias still flowering.
09/02/2013 at 20:53

Dull and over cast all day with light showers.

Got home Thursday to discover a new garden fence had been put up will offer to pay half but when last spoke to the owner's father of house next door, he said his daughter was going to pay for it to be replaced. It's reasuring to know there are still nice neighbours about   

Hope you shake your cold Frank. 

09/02/2013 at 21:28

Been dank, miserable, murky . damp all day with a mist. seemed to permeate everywhere 

10/02/2013 at 08:53
Jean I use (or rather I get OH to use) heavy duty staple gun, works great but have to hold it firm

Started with rain /sleet now onto light flakes of snow
10/02/2013 at 08:57

Nr Lincoln.

Dull and light rain. looks like being a gloomy day.

Chris

10/02/2013 at 10:35

WManchester- wet again. Not as raw as yesterday. Started taking regular painkillers for my drug induced aches/pains. Now a lot more comfy & less grumpy!

I think that we may miss the forecast snow later on. I do hope so, as off to see Ken Dodd in Bolton this evening. I hope to be aching again but because of laughing so much. J.

10/02/2013 at 10:45

Much same as yesterday, dull,murky, light no sort of day, but one difference it is tipping it down and the grass is saturated AGAIN.

Dog is banished to the tile floor!

Craving sunlight.