Start a new thread

3,201 to 3,220 of 4,151 replies

The potty gardener

Very light dusting of snow on south coast- I amnot going out to see how cold it is!

There are blue skies and fluffy clouds on the east coast but turn your back and the sky is black and it is snowing.  The wind is blowing off the east coast and is COLD.

Stockton again, now we have heavy snow coming from the North and adding to the snow already down, methinks I will stop in the house, with the fire on.

Frank.

Caz W

Best thing to do there Frank .  Maybe prepare some warming comfort food too

It seems we are all feeling the cold today and apart from the few steps from door to birdtable I'm not going anywhere!

Caz, the food is sorted, tonight it is Gamon Steak grilled with a poached egg and grilled tomato, a tray of toast on the side as son puts everything into a sandwich, waiting to see egg yolk oozing out all over him as he squeezes sandwich and bites, plus tomato juice, should be quite a sight.

Frank.

Advertisement

The potty gardener

I'm lying on sofa watching TV.I have my own special heating system

Val40

While I was sleeping, someone has transported me to Siberia.  Do not like it. 

Lovetogarden

Nr Lincoln.

Quite a lot of snow overnight, but now thawing in the bright sun. Blue sky but bitterly cold east wind.  brrrrr!

Chris

jo4eyes

Sunny in Manchester at the mo, but we've had snow flurries & the wind is freezing. The washing came back inside as stiff as a board!

Well below freezing last night, but actually not much frost around. Only about 1-2C out there now. J.

Caz W
Palaisglide wrote (see)

Caz, the food is sorted, tonight it is Gamon Steak grilled with a poached egg and grilled tomato, a tray of toast on the side as son puts everything into a sandwich, waiting to see egg yolk oozing out all over him as he squeezes sandwich and bites, plus tomato juice, should be quite a sight.

Frank.

Frank - a good old "egg banjo" .  For anyone who thinks I've gone mad just picture the scene as the egg goes all down the front of you and with a quick strumming action you quickly try to wipe it off your clothes.  You are now playing the egg banjo.

Highland Jeannie

Woke to about 1" of snow, temps around 4c, wind subsided somewhat & beautiful sunshine all day.

Paths have thawed & at S. facing front, but still white at the back; think it may be a bit nippy tonight.....

Matty2

Sunshine and showers today

Blizzard conditions at times. at others bright bright sun. But always a bitterly cold wind 

Bev, what a lovely heating system and no heating bills. No cat..astrophe there!!! It's very cold here today......barely 3 degrees at most.
Bunny ...
-3 sunny, blue skies
Lovely sunny day in the Chilterns, very cold, but no sign of any snow - yet!

Hoping to go for a good walk tomorrow, on The Ridgeway at The White Horse at Uffington, a thousand feet up on the Berkshire Downs. If the weather stays like this it'll be perfect - and certainly get rid of a few cobwebs!

Advertisement

Snow to the left of me
Snow to the right of me
Snow to the front of me
Grief I am surrounded.

Stockton still carrying yesterdays falls of many kinds, sleet large snow flakes small snow flakes hailstones some large some like sago and that bitter cold Easterly wind that was driving it sideways at times.
Some blue sky some sunshine and some melting but very slowly, Spring could take some time to appear folks.

Frank.

Hard luck Frank, hope things improve quickly up there. I'll probably spend rest of the morning in the greenhouse, shuffling things and tidying, and perhaps repotting - should be a damned sight warmer!
Highland Jeannie

5c & bright sunshine, hoping to put up trellis at the back, if the 1" of yesterday's snow has all melted from that bed by then.

Obelixx

The forecast is for us to get up to -3C today but I've no idea how cold it really is as I can't go out wearing my orthopedic boot in 8" of snow.  it has at least stopped snowing just a few minutes ago but there is drifting going on.   Possum ison bird feeding duty as there are no buses so she's at home today cos I can't driver yet.

Cosy enough on my window sills for babies and germination is going well.

Another cold day. The snow from yesterday has all but gone.

Bunny/Frank. Was in Carlisle and then Stockton yesterday, decided to go on the train which was just as well, it was blizzardous in the morning in Carlisle, popped into Costa's for a coffee and the guy at the counter, told me you can get four seasons in one day.

It was certainly colder in Stockton, the snow started coming down again at about 5pm just as I was setting back off for home.