London (change)
Today 11°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 9°C / 5°C
11/03/2013 at 08:37
Woke up to a dusting of snow. There's a howling Easterly wind as well. Yuk.
11/03/2013 at 10:06

Stockton on Tees, we have a layer of snow and more coming down, the Easterly is blowing straight up the valley from the coast and it is freezing.
My Daf's on the front have just curled up, all of them and the young flower buds drooped right over, sow seeds early?? not in this neck of the woods you don't.

Frank.

11/03/2013 at 10:19

Very light dusting of snow on south coast- I amnot going out to see how cold it is!

11/03/2013 at 10:25

There are blue skies and fluffy clouds on the east coast but turn your back and the sky is black and it is snowing.  The wind is blowing off the east coast and is COLD.

11/03/2013 at 11:04

Stockton again, now we have heavy snow coming from the North and adding to the snow already down, methinks I will stop in the house, with the fire on.

Frank.

11/03/2013 at 11:25

Best thing to do there Frank .  Maybe prepare some warming comfort food too

It seems we are all feeling the cold today and apart from the few steps from door to birdtable I'm not going anywhere!

11/03/2013 at 11:43

Caz, the food is sorted, tonight it is Gamon Steak grilled with a poached egg and grilled tomato, a tray of toast on the side as son puts everything into a sandwich, waiting to see egg yolk oozing out all over him as he squeezes sandwich and bites, plus tomato juice, should be quite a sight.

Frank.

11/03/2013 at 11:50

I'm lying on sofa watching TV.I have my own special heating system

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/19662.jpg?width=350

11/03/2013 at 11:52

While I was sleeping, someone has transported me to Siberia.  Do not like it. 

11/03/2013 at 11:57

Nr Lincoln.

Quite a lot of snow overnight, but now thawing in the bright sun. Blue sky but bitterly cold east wind.  brrrrr!

Chris

11/03/2013 at 13:40

Sunny in Manchester at the mo, but we've had snow flurries & the wind is freezing. The washing came back inside as stiff as a board!

Well below freezing last night, but actually not much frost around. Only about 1-2C out there now. J.

11/03/2013 at 13:52
Palaisglide wrote (see)

Caz, the food is sorted, tonight it is Gamon Steak grilled with a poached egg and grilled tomato, a tray of toast on the side as son puts everything into a sandwich, waiting to see egg yolk oozing out all over him as he squeezes sandwich and bites, plus tomato juice, should be quite a sight.

Frank.

Frank - a good old "egg banjo" .  For anyone who thinks I've gone mad just picture the scene as the egg goes all down the front of you and with a quick strumming action you quickly try to wipe it off your clothes.  You are now playing the egg banjo.

11/03/2013 at 18:40

Woke to about 1" of snow, temps around 4c, wind subsided somewhat & beautiful sunshine all day.

Paths have thawed & at S. facing front, but still white at the back; think it may be a bit nippy tonight.....

11/03/2013 at 18:47

Sunshine and showers today

Blizzard conditions at times. at others bright bright sun. But always a bitterly cold wind 

11/03/2013 at 19:00
Bev, what a lovely heating system and no heating bills. No cat..astrophe there!!! It's very cold here today......barely 3 degrees at most.
12/03/2013 at 07:35
-3 sunny, blue skies
12/03/2013 at 10:23
Lovely sunny day in the Chilterns, very cold, but no sign of any snow - yet!

Hoping to go for a good walk tomorrow, on The Ridgeway at The White Horse at Uffington, a thousand feet up on the Berkshire Downs. If the weather stays like this it'll be perfect - and certainly get rid of a few cobwebs!
12/03/2013 at 10:38

Snow to the left of me
Snow to the right of me
Snow to the front of me
Grief I am surrounded.

Stockton still carrying yesterdays falls of many kinds, sleet large snow flakes small snow flakes hailstones some large some like sago and that bitter cold Easterly wind that was driving it sideways at times.
Some blue sky some sunshine and some melting but very slowly, Spring could take some time to appear folks.

Frank.

12/03/2013 at 11:10
Hard luck Frank, hope things improve quickly up there. I'll probably spend rest of the morning in the greenhouse, shuffling things and tidying, and perhaps repotting - should be a damned sight warmer!
12/03/2013 at 11:12

5c & bright sunshine, hoping to put up trellis at the back, if the 1" of yesterday's snow has all melted from that bed by then.