London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 23°C / 15°C
07/04/2013 at 11:54

Nr Lincoln.

Beautiful sunshine, cool breeze. OH hoping to get a row of potatoes in. He has covered the soil with old perspex roofing sheets, so it has warmed up. Fingers crossed.

We have got the windows open too. Lovely.

ChrisX

07/04/2013 at 11:58

Morning Frank.

Today bright rather than sunny. Frost again first thing & we do actually need sone rain!

Yesterday was sat out on daughter's patio, in Bolton, & now have an interesting stripe across my arm where had pushed my jumper sleeve up! was warmer out thetre than realised.

My gardening is really 'on hold' as have sciatica, still, & an 'unhappy' arm waiting on physio attention. Never mind, lots of seeds up on sills inside & dahlias shooting..... now just some rain pleeze so I can do the mulching, arm/leg permitting. J.

07/04/2013 at 13:27

Yesterday the rain started about 4pm, then turned sleety , then snowy.  Woke up this morning & there was 2-3" of it, but none on the roads or paths. It's been coming down ever since, but also it's melting.  Temp is about 4c & in the shed it's 8c.

Oh well perhaps it was too sunny for too long!! 

07/04/2013 at 14:10

Debating whether to go for a walk as I've had lunch. That b****y fence is awaiting more paint but not sure I can face it! Feel a bit weary as I spent ages last night setting up new laptop but can't get the photo thingy to work so need to get older daughter to help me later! I knew they'd come in useful some day 

Weather here is a bit static and we could do with a bit of rain but a bit of heat too. The rain is uaually accompanied by howling wind at this time of year though 

07/04/2013 at 17:49

Dry and sunny here all weekend. Cut the back lawn for the first time and pruned the Buddleia at last. Supposed to be cold and windy next week here in Essex, so hope I haven't done any damage. Just had to get out there as I've missed gardening so much this winter!

07/04/2013 at 19:41

Lovely day, sunny and warm so cut the grass, put in a few plants, painted garage door and just generally enjoyed being outside, pleasantly pottering.

07/04/2013 at 22:06

Warm and sunny today. Did loads in the garden.

Oooh - Frank - Having never been to the races before, it could have been a disaster, I was thinking, jeans, t-shirt and four seasons coat. So pleased after discussion with two older brother's...I bought a new outfit...did my nails and had hair done on Friday....

Had such a good time may do ladies day next year... 

08/04/2013 at 21:46

Not too bad outside today, as long as you kept moving or out of that East wind!

Aches & pains permitting, I managed to carry all the Hosta pots down to their Summer/Autumn position on the bottom patio. They werent too heavy because of the lack of rain.

The sun tried, but it clouded over by mid afternoon. J.

09/04/2013 at 10:15

Stockton Dull and cold.

My last report for a while as laptop on the blink, posting hit and miss.
New part ordered although looking at new ones, it is a minefield, too much choice.

May be gone a while Frank.

09/04/2013 at 11:19

north manchester. dull start .sunny now .chilly.  sown more seeds removed glass of raised beds onions in modules just showing put out for the day in the sun . hope

09/04/2013 at 11:24

South Lanarkshire it's bright and sunny but still a wind not as cold hopefully things starting to heat up now. 

09/04/2013 at 12:16

Nr Lincoln.

Cold east wind, but bright and sunny.

Fleece need both for the greenhouse at night and me during the day.

Have a good day everyone.

Chris

09/04/2013 at 15:27
Palaisglide wrote (see)

Stockton Dull and cold.

My last report for a while as laptop on the blink, posting hit and miss.
New part ordered although looking at new ones, it is a minefield, too much choice.

May be gone a while Frank.

Good luck Frank.

WManchester is bright with some sun & windy. Still that cold East wind, so at least the washing will dry. J.

11/04/2013 at 19:15

north manchester dull day and the first rain for weeks here but  warmer . looking like a good weekend to get stuck in . 

12/04/2013 at 10:58

Hello Jo, I am back it was a quick fix although will still buy a new computer this is long in the tooth now.
Stockton is cold and damp around 6'C with a promise of better tomorrow although as the words in the song South of the Border, "tomorrow never comes", my head is full of old songs, I played them so often and the piano got a work out while waiting for the new power cord.

Frank.

12/04/2013 at 12:02

north wales is brightening up!! 

12/04/2013 at 12:54
archiepem wrote (see)

north manchester dull day and the first rain for weeks here but  warmer . looking like a good weekend to get stuck in . 

Yes it actually rained later yesterday. Not much granted, but quite steady. We still need more so I can mulch the borders.

Today is surprisingly bright, but am waiting on a delivery so stuck - wait a bit, it's just gone through the letterbox! Yay, so will be going outside next to start chucking chicken manure pellets around, joy.

More rain pleeze, say overnight, so ground nicely soaked through so I can get mulching! J.

12/04/2013 at 13:07

Yes Jo if only it could just rain at night we'd all be delighted wouldn't we! We've needed it here and it's not to be great at weekend but as long as it then warms up a bit it'll be ok 

14/04/2013 at 14:53

Well it has rained, but have a dodgy knee at the mo, so any gardening is out of the question, drat.

Bright with the odd shower & gales here in WManchester today. 15-16C.

OH & me have just had to replace 2 of the greenhouse roof panels. They are elderly polycarbonate panels fitted yrs go when we had vandalism problems. Anyway I noticed that they were missing, so went to find them. No sign anywhere, nor down adjacent alleyway- a real puzzle. Then I noticed that the next set appeared to have slipped, only to discover the missing panels!! They'd 'folded' over!

Anyway I still had an old glass panel in the shed, so that, plus 1 of the polycarbonate panels are now really firmly fixed in place. Good, because, knee permitting, I need to start moving seedlings, shooted dahlias etc down into there now the weather is warmer. J.

15/04/2013 at 17:10

Decided to wear my support bandage all day today & knee not so bad, yet....

It's been bright & windy here today. Not now gales, but still strong enough for me to avoid staying in the greenhouse for any length of time as the creaking roof panels freak me out!

The wind also felt a lot warmer than recently. Great to shed layers as I worked out there. J.