London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
06/05/2012 at 14:14

Bright sunshine here today - amazing on a bank holiday

06/05/2012 at 14:27

It was very cold through the night dropped down to - 1.9c,   around 4am tried to look for the Super Moon but it was to cloudy so went back to bed,  this morning totaly different, wonderful sunshine and 15.1c,  managed to cut the grass although it was very wet but it needed doing and I needed to know if I could do it also got half the borders turned over but after 2 hours my foot was telling me to rest,  must say it is now clody and it's 12.3c and cooling off and the wind is picking up which is good for the washing.

06/05/2012 at 14:30

It was a very cold night here, too - it got down to 0.3C. Fortunately, I'd brought my tender plants in.

06/05/2012 at 20:02

Bright sunshine here today although last night there was frost and it's forcast again tonight. I've brought tender plants indoors. 

06/05/2012 at 21:50
Hey what a great day! Went out for lunch then could so easily have took a nap, but weather so nice! Got the lawn cut and filled a few bare patches with seed. Set up a contraption of string and tin foil so the birds don't eat it all!! Spent the rest of the evening cleaning the patio, pure elbow grease as with the hosepipe ban could not use jet wash. Took me an hour or two. Finally, garden looking fairly neat and tidy again. Hope weather is nice tomorrow. Red sky at night . ............... !
07/05/2012 at 09:01

East Midlands remained sunny on Sunday.

Today is clear skies again but we're due for rain at 13.00 hrs.

@ Frank I wish I could put our weather to rhyme
     I'll have a go another time 

Points for trying?   Brenda  

07/05/2012 at 09:19

Splitting the flags here at the moment, but also supposed to be raining at lunchtime.

Oh, well - it is a bank holiday Monday, after all.

07/05/2012 at 10:12

There's  sunshine today on Teesside
I feel more like going to the seaside
Than into the garden to work
Still the chores I must not shirk
So maybe I'll catch the next tide.

Brenda you never know till you have a go, don't think about it and never try to improve it it has to just pour out. On another forum I ran a poetry day for fun, cries of "I cannot do that" a couple of hours later the cant do's were filling the board.
Give it a go girl.

Frank.

07/05/2012 at 10:34

It snowed in Aberdeenshire at the weekend!  Sunny but cold today.

07/05/2012 at 11:38

Pouring down,dark, cold, windy,MISERABLE,in Carrickfergus

07/05/2012 at 11:41

It's finally stopped raining in the Basque Country - the sun is out and good weather is forecast for the rest of the week. I'm expecting a woosh! of growth in the garden after all the rain over the last five weeks (every day I think). Spring has arrived at last!

07/05/2012 at 12:15

It poured with rain first thing
Which made the thrushes sing
"Wet. Wet. Wet."
Sun is now shining
Soon be gardening
Never fret!

(best I can do with today's weather!  Weeds grow no matter what.  <sigh>)

07/05/2012 at 12:52

Very cloudy but bright here in Kent. There's no real threat of rain so far and It's actually warm and feels like spring for once.

07/05/2012 at 20:25

No gardening today.  Wasted my morning really as it was lovely, but then when I went to go out and cut back my Passion flower as advised, the heavens opened and I don't think it stopped.  Did manage a pop down to allotment in between showers, just to make sure everything ok and water the salad leaves under cover on the raised bed.  Quite cold too and put heating on at home! 

Oh well, huge pile of ironing got done instead!!!! Boring!!!

08/05/2012 at 00:30

Extremely annoying day, was supposed to be raining all day so got talked into going for family walk this morning when all I wanted to do was to carry on with sorting out the back garden. Needless to say, no rain until time to start feeding everybody, grrrrr!

08/05/2012 at 09:32

Well, spoke to soon. Pouring down again, but at least a bit warmer.

08/05/2012 at 12:10

Sunny intervals today, and much warmer (14C). I have some fuchsias that may finally get re-potted.

08/05/2012 at 13:15

Teesside is having a right old dolly mixture day.
Sunshine from early on so I put a light coat on to go to town and as I reached the door a cloud burst. Back into Barbour and off to town in brilliant sunshine.
Collected glasses and on the walk back to the car got wet and cold, the wind was coming straight off the river and freezing your buttons off.
Forgot S&M drove to TOSPOTS instead, you can get under cover quickly but the sun was shining, a quick shop and back out got wet reaching the car. Now sitting in sunshine and it has warmed up away from the river. I give up.

Frank.

08/05/2012 at 14:25
Well what some weather were having yesterday rain most of the day then it really poured down last night water still on my lawn late this morning have not been up the plot as i guess its worse but can't look yet ... Nice and sunny now but more rain due later !!   Will i get my spuds in this year ?????
08/05/2012 at 16:29

Woke up to rain this morning occasionally clearing with sunshine, but lots of grey sky.