London (change)
Tue 26°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
25/05/2013 at 14:28

Stockton is Sunny and warm, clear blue sky. The bedding was stripped washed and on the line drying early, take advantage is my motto.

Frank.

25/05/2013 at 23:06

Kent had a chilly start but the sun managed to make an appearance by the afternoon and the wind even warmed up a bit. I do believe it turned into a marvellous day

Rare...

27/05/2013 at 16:08

Stockton today another warm sunny day until now, cooling down a bit and wind getting up although a very good weekend all round.
Did not get much done in the garden today, daughter brought the wedding DVD's so we watched them then cut a load of extra discs on my laptop.
The old machine did the job well so I am asking myself why buy a new one?

Frank.

27/05/2013 at 18:49

Over the weekend we had two days of sunshine, so planned to plant out courgettes and squash today but it's rained all day. Beginning to think this is not going to be a good year for growing veg. 

27/05/2013 at 20:19

Sunny and windy (listen... Oh no it's dropped... No there it is again).

Quite balmy at times, and when the wind drops it's quite hot again. Washing dried really quickly, and the frogs have been searching out the shady bits of the water feature.

We have three frogs. How did that happen? Well, I do know... But how did they get into our tiny water feature, miles from any other stretch of water? Amazingly their names are Bob, Trevor and Gloria. ( I had no idea they had names but my grandchildren told me this today!!!) I tried to photograph them (the frogs) but the result at first just shows the rocks in the pool... Then suddenly he's there. This one's Bob.

http://webkit-fake-url://292D5A18-1A3A-4D00-A4CF-D07C51190C43/imagejpeg

Another lovely day!

27/05/2013 at 23:44

Another lovely day in Kent although I had to work the latter half.

Still chilly when the sun goes down but mostly the flowerbeds are responding, just got to hope the veg stuff has a decent chance to get going.

28/05/2013 at 08:31

Wet, very. Outdoor tomatoes looking rather unhappy compared with the indoor ones. Too pale, not enough growth.

28/05/2013 at 12:03

Wet, wet, wet today.

Am now going to leave both the coldframes wide open 24hrs.... otherwise things will never be hardened off.

At w/end Daughter planted out the courgettes that I'd grown for her, plus cloche for extra cover to start with as not fully hardened off my end, but just getting too big to transport easily.

She gave me some rather anaemic French bean plants that she'd grown. Hmm, hope they cope- still in my coldframe for the time being. J.

28/05/2013 at 12:12

It's a glorious day today.  Warm and sunny.

Love to get out Imto the garden but it's my volunteering day.  Just hate being indoors when sun is shining.

Later I will plant out helenium moerheim beauty and sahins early flowerer and a little choice salvia called Cacalifolia.  Not in same area though....moisture for heleniums and dry for salvia.

28/05/2013 at 12:18

Raining here, but good for the garden and brings the Blackbirds out to play

28/05/2013 at 12:21

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/24177.jpg?width=360&height=350&mode=max

Don't know what's happening with my photos again but I called Bob (pictured - and see yesterday's 20:19 post) back for another photo shoot.  

28/05/2013 at 13:17

it is hammering it down here today.. started later than the billed 5am.. coming in at 8amish.. no wind not a breath of it today.. and we had such a good weekend very hot and sunny and blue skies all three days.. not a cloud in the sky.. then this..

28/05/2013 at 13:18

that said.. it is very good to ahve the rain wintersong..as my water butts were empty fo the second time this year.. all bar one which was down to the last few water cans full,

28/05/2013 at 14:51

Wet Wet and Wet. My waterbutts were on the way to empty so now they are full again. Think the rain is with us for the week

28/05/2013 at 15:19

Heavy showers of rain with occasional brighter spells,glad I managed to plant most things out over the  weekend,which was warm and sunny for all three days.

28/05/2013 at 18:37

Bob is sweet, Birdy. I clicked on the pic and got a good close up.

28/05/2013 at 19:54

It's rained all day here. It was raining at 7am and still raining when I got in from work at 6pm.

Stuff hardened off outside has been brought back in as their trays are getting water logged. Can't complain, at least the ground has got a much needed soak, and mooli growing in a rasied bed, is loving this weather...makes a mental note to thin it out tomorrow if the rain stops...

29/05/2013 at 11:22

Stockton terrible.

Frank.

29/05/2013 at 12:31

Blue skies in Devon!! :O

Shame I'm in the office!

29/05/2013 at 13:09

Rain here too - it always was a bit risky voicing our enjoyment - of the sunshine (I'm keeping my voice down!!!)