04/08/2013 at 20:47

Poured with rain for most of the day.  

04/08/2013 at 21:13

Sorry- was hot and sunny here again today

05/08/2013 at 17:55

Phew am very glad that I got the lawn cut yesterday! Mid afternoon & ever since it's rained! And I had watered the pots!

Ok a slight break around lunchtime- just as play resumed at Old Trafford- but nope rain again. Got to about 17C though. J.

05/08/2013 at 19:05

well started with rain.. then sun then the heavens opened.. we took nipper to the circus.. thought best place in the rain.. and my god we could hardle here the ringmaster over the rain on teh big tent roof.. and then it started coming in..

but the acrobats etc soon took our minds of it.. and had lovely afternoon... except for the 12 daughter of the cricus owner being bender than a bendy rubber.. and nearly made my stomach churn with her folding over..

05/08/2013 at 21:55

A dull day with a couple of showers. Still fairly warm

05/08/2013 at 22:16

We've had more rain which was welcomed as I'm at work during the week. It's still warm but not humid. 

The grounds no longer cracked and dry looking, funny it's only looked like that on the veg bed which was manured in the Autumn, the other beds have dried out but not cracked. Slug pellets don't last long in this weather, I'm having the worst year ever for slugs and snails. They are absailing in the GH, egg shells haven't kept them at bay and I've found one or two snails jammed in a gap in the glass 5ft up from the ground.

06/08/2013 at 19:53

Started sunny & is ending sunny in WManchester.

Pleasant visit today down to Dunham Massey's gardens/grounds. Lots of dark clouds around, but no rain there nor back at house.

Zoomer- snails are great climbers- top of bean poles, sofits of house extension, no problem! I've found over yrs of gardening here that, despite the thrushes & hedgehog, my slimey population has increased.

This is the 3rd yr when I havent used nematodes for slug control. May just give in & reuse next yr. Luckily daughter, in Bolton, has surviving kale & dwarf beans. I'm hoping that my latest batch of kale seedlings last long enough to be planted out to over-winter. J.

06/08/2013 at 20:17

same here in  n manchester . sun going down over heaton pk

12/08/2013 at 22:10

Dry but cool here today. I'm hoping the weather warms up again, I sowed bienniel seeds afew weeks ago and they are ever so slow in growing.

17/08/2013 at 17:23

Well, according to the weather forecast today, should have rained from mid-morning and nonstop till this evening.  Put off trimming my laurel hedge this morning and went out instead.  Came home 4 hours later and no sign of rain.  Still dry At 5.20pm.  I don't understand how with all the technology the weather men STILL get it wrong.

Pass me the sea weed someone.

17/08/2013 at 18:58

Just start to rain here like you tim forecast was rain all day so I just potted around the garden dead heading flowers clean BBQ after last nights blast 6.30 to 12.30 so so drunk but I enjoy my garden It's so nice to sit and look around the garden. Another BBQ planed for Sunday heehee 

James

17/08/2013 at 20:46

Horrid here. Very light rain just about all day.

17/08/2013 at 20:47

Raining hard,but very humid,dark by 8.30

17/08/2013 at 21:11

very grey and raining today,not enough to re-fill the water butts .glad i cut the grass yesterday.still trying to finish transplanting the wall flowers to which there are many.

18/08/2013 at 00:20

Rained here for most of the day. 

I spent an hour or so indoors sorting seeds being saved for next year. 

18/08/2013 at 00:38

Yesterday scorching.  Today got soaked.  Dry now.  Tomorrow,will be a cracker.  Next week too.

Hey zoomer, wot you doing up,this late?  Wont be doing seeds for next year....lack the patience,for that.....but will continue taking cuttimgs

18/08/2013 at 13:18

Nice and sunny, not too hot, little bit of  breeze. had a bit of energy and as close to the right 'mindset' to make a start on cutting my (many) leandii (sp?) hedges. 

Perfect timing. 

Completed one side and a bit of top ... and the motor burnt out! 

Weather's still lovely though! 

18/08/2013 at 21:03

Warm and sunny here today.

Verdun...I'm a ngiht owl. Seldom get on the boards before 8pm.  

Birdy I stick to hand shears, the only time I used an electric hedge cutter to trim the hedge it was borrowed, it looked more like a chainsaw to cut down tree's but I was assured it was a hedge trimmer. It burnt out within mins of starting to use it and I felt obligated to pay for the repair. Never again....       

20/08/2013 at 09:48

Bright and sunny today. Hope my new hedge clipper arrives soon.

20/08/2013 at 11:24

dull  and warm. dug some spuds up and picked beans for tea. a compost needs to be emptied.life is good