London (change)
Today 13°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 4°C
4,041 to 4,060 of 4,155 messages
13/11/2013 at 10:33

Sharp frost overnight here in Norfolk - brilliant sunshine now.  Washing going out in a minute 

13/11/2013 at 17:41

Surprisingly we didnt get a frost last night! There had been a good clear sky last evening.

Today has been dullish with some sun early on, but dry. That was good as was out with a walking group- along the Bridgewater canal & in the adjacent Worsly woods.

I know rain is expected, please let it be overnight as tomorrow is going to be a 'garden day'! J.

KEF
13/11/2013 at 17:44

Clear skies here, frost not forecast but feels bitter outside. Max 11C today with some sun. Grass still sodden.

13/11/2013 at 17:48

Got in about half hour ago, very very cold tonight, no wind. Have been lucky so far no frosts but wouldn't be surprised if there is some in the morning.  No rain today, but garden very wet.

14/11/2013 at 09:08

It was still raining first thing but is going brighter as I type!

Wind strong, so will be colder than it says, 7C at the mo. Shall be well togged up in waterproof trousers etc before I get outside. J.

14/11/2013 at 09:12

I was woken up by an almightly rain storm trying to break down the windows early this morning. Oh please can't we have a few days dry weather so we can cut the lawn one more time?! Its getting so long now it doesn't seem to realise its meant to be slowing down!

14/11/2013 at 09:19

It was wet overnight but bright sunshine now here in Norfolk.  Yes Clarington a few days dry weather would be good; our lawns really need mowing too.

15/11/2013 at 19:42

It was only just over 1C out there first thing this morning & yet no actual frost....

A bright, dry if cold day although it was trying to drizzle as I drove home about 5pm. About 7C out there now, 7.40pm. J.

15/11/2013 at 21:50

Norfolk: About 5-8° today but didnt feel too cold; midday, very pleasant for the time of year for a nice walk; afternoon good for clearing out the greenhouse (at last!) but temperature dropped dramatically as sun went down. Dark by 5 o'clock so back in for tea and a warm up.

17/11/2013 at 22:56

Today was a dry but cold, didn't get above 12C in the GH so it must have been a tab bit colder outdoors, a good day to be out in the garden here in the NW.

Finished planting bulbs and took down the plastic GH. Also bubble wrapped my terracotta pots and brought them nearer the house, it's forecast a real drop in temps on Thursday so I'm not taking any chances. Bought quite a few new pots this year and it would be a shame if they cracked first winter out.

Emptied the last of the spud bags, didn't quite make it to December with them but I'm happy with a crop in November Haven't bought a spud since June, back to supermarket one's in December .   

17/11/2013 at 23:09

Dropped down cold here tonight too. The day has been a misty miserable one. Spent a few hours ripping out bedding plants for the compost bin. 

I had a dekivery from JParkers yesterday. Buddleja Sungold and euonymus red cascade both in small pots. Does anybody know if they will be ok to plant out with the cold weather forecasted? Also had an astrantia collection but they are just roots in a plastic bag so think I will start them off in pots in GH.

18/11/2013 at 11:21

We are having some lovely weather. Especially considering how wet it was last year! Glorious sunshine, temps are dropping slightly below freezing at night but not by much, the days are tipping along at around 5-10 degrees. 

18/11/2013 at 16:29

It was wet again today until quite late on- WManchester.

OH drove over the tops into NEDerbyshire this morning & said it was dry for him.

Tonight due to be a cold one again. It's about 7C out there at the mo, J.

KEF
18/11/2013 at 19:03

This morning 8C at 7.30am. Been mild all day but drizzle & damp. 5pm temps suddenly fell and only 2C at 6pm. Feels very wintery. S.Yorks.

18/11/2013 at 19:32

Well our forecast is to get some snow this week it has to come sometime must say i like to see a little flutter of snow at christmas time. When you see the weather some other countries get we are very lucky in this country so if some snow means stay in if really bad and let it pass over.  

18/11/2013 at 21:31

Cold damp and dark, drizzly all day here in East Anglia.

19/11/2013 at 15:37

Frosty start here, about -2C first thing. Sun all day.

Pavements not good with all the fallen leaves plus icy patches, so swopped to the sunnier side this morning when walking up for bus.

Wonderful sight of all the autumn colours of the trees against a bright blue sky. About 4-5C & dropping out there now! J.

19/11/2013 at 15:54

Beautiful sunny day,blue skies,very cold,no frost this morning but iwth the clear skies am expecting frost tonight.

20/11/2013 at 00:05

Woke up to over 2" of snow this morning, was rather cold but lovely in the sun. (I wore my wooly Christmas pudding design hat to the shops). It's been slowly melting all day & is now almost all gone but pouring down with rain.

20/11/2013 at 10:51

I had noticed the temperatures rising last night instead of being below freezing earlier in the evening.

First thing today it was wet & wild out there.

Now it's still wild outside, but the sun has arrived. About 5-6C at the mo, J.

4,041 to 4,060 of 4,155 messages