London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 9°C
19/05/2012 at 17:17
sianden wrote (see)
I have a large box hedge that I would like to tunr in to a cockrel - how do I set about it please. Thanks
Rainjustlearning wrote (see)

I do hope that David is right my joints (bones) are aching like crazy for some heat,  it's cold and wet outside 7.2c in the garden,  went to post a letter and by the time I got back I was frozen,  need to put big winter coat on when I go out its stupid at this time of year.

Yes, It's much the same here in the Midlands, Rain.....dark cloud, cold & miserable.

I think we are to go sub-tropical about Wednesday.

19/05/2012 at 17:21

Crikey...I do despair of these quote boxes at times. I've never even read the first one included in my last message, let alone clicking on it to quote it.

19/05/2012 at 17:28

Cloudy and cool but dry.  It feels more like March than May .

19/05/2012 at 18:22

Agree more like March, only said that to OH when out today.

Manchester started off wet but has dried & brightened up. Only got to about 12C here though. J.

19/05/2012 at 20:16
Fairly warm this afternoon in Marlow - greenhouse was very hot! No rain today either - is Summer on its way?
20/05/2012 at 00:31

We had dark clouds most of the day but it hasn't rained and I managed to get most of my washing dry. The temps are alot higher overnight here in this part of the NW than in previous weeks. I have a sun flower in flower in the GH,  it's a giant yellow but has only grown to about 2ft

Planted out runner/french beans today but kept some in reserve just in case there's a frost. 

20/05/2012 at 10:46

Teesside, weather rotten yesterday all day, no gardening.
Today is better in that it is not wet and warmer.
All under control in the kitchen so five minutes with a cuppa.
Daughter and Grandchildren back from ten days in Mauritius brown as berries, swam with Dolphins, walked on the sea bed and had a wonderful time, another month of this and I will be moving there.

Frank.

20/05/2012 at 12:12

Slowly getting better in E Dorset - pleasant enough outside yesterday pm, today the sun a little late getting up but he's managed it now! Garden here I come

20/05/2012 at 12:27

Central Belgium and 21C and sunny but clouding over.  Thunder expected later on so better make the most of this weather for weeding and sowing.  More of the same expected tomorrow and Tuesday but I'm off to Chelsea so won't see it.

20/05/2012 at 19:46

Still cold here but it did manage to get to 11,1c in the garden and I did manage a glimpse of the sun through the thick clouds but no heat in it at all supposed to be nice on Tuesday for a few hours yeah right where on earth is the summer.

20/05/2012 at 20:07

NO sun here today (E Anglia)  Just very grey and overcast.  Was chilly at times too.  Spent the day trying to get a few plants pricked out and back into the greenhouse.  Dahlias are in the conservatory so the slugs can't get near em!  Bit warmer in there too

20/05/2012 at 21:13

We didn't get any sun but it stayed fine and it's been a good day to garden. My dahlias aren't doing very well, only three grew from the tubers I'd saved and they don't look at all healthy, those grown from seed seemed to be doing better until they were potted up into some new compost and slowly I've lost most of them .... there's always next year!. On a positive note, lillies are romping away. Some have bubs so hopefully they'll put on a longer show this year instead of flowering all in the same week.

20/05/2012 at 23:15

I hardly dare say this out loud, so I'll whisper it instead:  it was very sunny here and quite warm.  It is supposed to get even better this week.

(Now that's put the mockers on it no doubt  )

21/05/2012 at 06:59

The predicted storms arrived with a vengeance and the paddock across the road is flloed.  Misty start today cos of all that moisture in and on the ground.   Hope it clears before I drive to Dunkirk cos I'm off to Chelsea.

21/05/2012 at 08:07
Sunny and warm here...and they say it'll stay like that all day! Runners and climbing French beans being planted out today.
21/05/2012 at 09:41

Overcast but warmer today - and supposed to be splitting the flags tomorrow

21/05/2012 at 10:25

Overcast but warm here today.. feels like there is drizzle in the air thou..

21/05/2012 at 10:34

Cold wind in Kent, the sun is trying to shine but there is so much cold cover keeping down temps.

21/05/2012 at 12:01

After a dull start, absolutely gorgeous here in the Midlands!  

21/05/2012 at 12:46

Teesside is getting North Sea weather today as is most of the East Coast.
Cold breeze cloudy and dull.
My elder Daughter took off to the Lakes for a week, I think they are getting sunshine,
I need some soon.

Frank.