London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
21/05/2012 at 14:03

The sun took its time but has finally arrived to warm up E Dorset. S'pose I'd better get on with lugging those paving stones about.

21/05/2012 at 16:50

cold with grey skies as ever this morning, but now it's late afternoon, it is warmer with some sunshine - not as it should be, but the plants already look happier for it.  Lack of light the biggest problem for everything this year methinks? 

21/05/2012 at 17:07

Glorious HOT sunshine all day in Cheshire!  Things arefrying in the greenhouse but not complaining

21/05/2012 at 19:26

The weather people are saying that by tomorrow it's going to be HOT HOT HOT over the country,  now the thing is do we believe them,  going to be cooler along the North East Coast why am I not surprised at that 24 in London and 17 for me but it does get a lot warmer in the garden for me when the sun comes round so I could be sun bathing tomorrow ooooooooh fingers crossed.

21/05/2012 at 19:30
They are predicting >22C here in S Devon tomorrow. Car thought it was 25C today...and it felt like it. About time too!
21/05/2012 at 19:49

Woohoo!! warm sunny weather at last, its been lovely here today and its still warm this evening. We have all waited so long for some sunshine. When the weather is like this I am so glad I don't have to go to work anymore and sit in a hot office. Really hope this lovely sunny weather continues for a long time, it makes you feel so good. 

21/05/2012 at 20:32

Woohoo indeed donutsmrs!  It has been a lovely day here in WSomerset.  Sunshine all day.  Air still a little cool - but Teeshirt weather.  Fingers crossed it really does stay like this for the rest of the week.

Had to put the shading on the GH because of the intesity of the sun.  Now how perverse is that?  It's been so cool that I daren't take the bubble insulation down, and as soon as I do, I have to shade my tender plants from the sun!

(Never entirely content are we gardeners??)

21/05/2012 at 22:05

See! Didn't I say last week?  

21/05/2012 at 22:44

Hi DK!  You were right!   .......... so, what are the winning lottery numbers going to be this weekend?

22/05/2012 at 07:20

Another glorious day in Cheshire and the rest of the week's lookng good so it might well be dahlia planting out time

22/05/2012 at 08:18

Good Morning all. Looks like another lovely day, not a cloud in the sky, hopfully I can get my runner beans out this week and like Hyppybyker my Dahlias as well.

22/05/2012 at 08:50
hypercharleyfarley wrote (see)

Hi DK!  You were right!   .......... so, what are the winning lottery numbers going to be this weekend?

Call me Mystic Meg.

22/05/2012 at 10:35

Clear blue sky.  Wall-to-wall sunshine.  It really feels like summer at last!  It will be a busy day in the garden - lots and lots of stuff to plant out that I'd held back when the air was so cold.

Mystic Meg - can you tell us all how long this will last?  Is it a typically British few days' worth, or will we have a summer fit for a Jubilee, Olympics etc?

22/05/2012 at 11:28

Teesside has---- wait for it---- wall to wall blue sky and brilliant warm sunshine.
I came in from the garden for a cup of tea and got carried away answering queries on here, naughty wasting sunshine so away with the laptop and back out to where the washing is blowing on the line and all is well with my world "err" apart from a sore throat that is.

Frank.

22/05/2012 at 13:59

Beautiful blue sky and so hot here on the Wirral. Lunch in the garden, this is the life

22/05/2012 at 14:03
More seed sowing to do in the gh but had to wait for the sun to go behind next door's beech trees as so hot in there. Have deployed fan to cool things down. Filled a big trug with seaweed solution and am dunking all lilies in pots. Bloke coming round later to help me heave acers in pots onto saucers. Feel very silly as had a load of logs delivered on Saturday, never mind, at least they'll keep!
22/05/2012 at 19:07

Mystic Meg - can you tell us all how long this will last? Is it a typically British few days' worth, or will we have a summer fit for a Jubilee, Olympics etc?

SV - If me and me piece of seaweed were privy to any inside information, would I spoil any of this present joy?

22/05/2012 at 19:58

Oh joy,  wonderful sunshine,  not as warm as other parts of the country at 18.4c but hey it's sunny and warm,  going to be warmer tomorrow so I shall be there with my chair,  the back and front gardens were cut today by The Trust so saved me doing it I just planted some Petunia's I got from Tesco on Saturday also started to empty the Bluebell pots as they are not doing as well as they should be so have put them in the ground 1 down 1 to go will do that tomorrow before the sun comes round.

22/05/2012 at 21:30

Wall to wall sunshine here in the NW  and forcast till the weekend which will hopefully see us through to the last possible frost.Enjoy Chelsea, Obelixx, I'm hoping to catch it on TV.  

22/05/2012 at 22:09

Wall to wall sunshine here in Carrickfergus hope it lasts until the weekend so i can enjoy it.Hope u all enjoy your gardening day tomorrow