London (change)
Mon 8°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 9°C / 7°C
29/05/2012 at 19:24

No Frank I didn't get any rain what soever,  it has been very warm and overcast so wasn't expecting any sunshine at all today but 4.30 ish it managed to burn the low clouds away and out it popped got to 20.6c so not to bad even now at 19.22 it's 19.1c with just a hint of a breeze but the garden is bone dry and the water butts are well down,  so,  as much as I love the sunshine I do need some rain

29/05/2012 at 22:43

It's been another hot day. 

The plastic GH came down this evening and I potted up some bulb fennel, hope it's happy to live in modules for a while as I've no room left in the veg beds.Picked my first mangetout, not enough on the plants yet to cook but enough to add to a salad along with radish and Mooli.      . 

30/05/2012 at 10:35

My side of the Tees "Rain" got the sun just after eleven yesterday and apart from the odd dip had it until sunset last night.
The sun woke me early today but has now vanished under fairly heavy cloud, I cannot see your side at all. "Memo" do not hang the washing out.
Have to clear up a couple of piles of weeds and things, bag them and put all the bags out for the green-waste in the morning, one of my compost boxes is now full and the other box is giving up its beautiful moist sweet smelling gold for the pots and plants, the tomato's love it.

Frank.

30/05/2012 at 11:02

Another glorious but not too hot morning so far.  WE have been told on the forecasts that we were to have rain yesterday, today and tomorrow, but so far it has not materialised - good!    Still getting the last of the summer planting out, today it is peas which are well late going into their places - long may the sun shine.

30/05/2012 at 12:16

"Rain" the sun came out at 11:30 am and is burning me as I work filling bags, had to come in for a drink.

Frank.

30/05/2012 at 19:11

Cloudy with long spells of sunshine;  a bit oppressive when we went to Taunton today - the valley of the riverTone seems to trap the humidity.  Nice to get back to the clear Exmoor air!  Sunny this evening, and at last I've got the GH sorted.  Hope to complete the outdoor planting over the next couple of days.  Then I can put my feet up and watch the Jubilee shenanigans when it, as predicted, rains on Sunday.

30/05/2012 at 21:35

Glorious sunshine all--day--long, red sky at night, brown back and thighs, Sheperd's winking at me

30/05/2012 at 22:39

Slightly cooler today but still very hot...I'm not complaining....the garden is beginning to look very lush...

I planted a new flower bed at the end of last year which I'm ever so pleased with, it's a wee bit over planted though, so may need a rethink at the end of this year. Was mindful not to plant anything invasive but there are a few vigorous climbers in there.    

31/05/2012 at 12:41

Rain, blessed rain in Cheshire today!  Only had a teaspoonful left in the butts so hopefully they're filling up whilst I'm at work. 

A good soaking today and overnight and I'll be able to get the weeding and the rest of the planting out done over the long weekend. As well as potting up the new pond plants, sorting out the shrubbery, treating the garden furniture and shed, turning the compost, staking the remaining perennials....   

31/05/2012 at 13:09

Light rain here. I don't mind at all, we could do with it after the hot spell.

31/05/2012 at 13:19

Amen to that

31/05/2012 at 17:19

Cloudy.  Warm this morning but now, late afternoon, it's noticeably cooler.  There's a dampness in the air, so we may yet get the predicted rain.

31/05/2012 at 18:30

Sunny and warm up until dinner time when it greyed over with gusty winds and threat of rain, although we ain't had none yet.

31/05/2012 at 18:56

We had quite a bit of heavy rain yesterday evening. If that wasnt enough, & it wasnt, today steady rain until late afternoon in my bit of Manchester.

After all the recent hot weather the garden has really perked up & agree with Zoomer that it's looking very lush.

Hopefully I'll finally be able to do the last bit of planting out soon. Abandoned with soil like concrete last week.

Am also quite glad to get a lie in now. With the very hot weather I was getting up & outside very early before it got unbearable. Just about managed to keep on top of the planting & tasks before I flopped in the shade for the rest of the day! J.

31/05/2012 at 20:43

It was raining when I got up nice and steady and didn't stop till 2.30,water butts are now full to overflowing and the garden has had a good soaking,  it's amazing how hard the ground gets after 6 days of baking hot sun even though I'd been watering it,  quite cool now at 13.2 not got much above that all day but it's nice to have a cool day for a change.

31/05/2012 at 22:54

After spending loads of time on allotment last weekend I have spent a bit of time in our garden Monday evening.  Clearing away daffodil and tulip leaves etc.  Weed and feed the grass etc.  Still a few plants to prick out and some to plant out, but need to trim and tidy up and make a bit of space.  Clematis is growing like anything and have got a lovely rich burgundy colour (can't remember what kind it is).

Yesterday we spent ages lugging watering cans back and forth at allotment, once home the clouds came over and then it chucked it down!!! Much needed rain though.  Don't mind if days are sunny and warm, if there's a bit of rain each pm! Lots cooler today, hope it warms up again tho.  Plants are all looking really lush and green.

01/06/2012 at 08:40

Can some one tell me if they can see my messages on here.
I seem to be having the same trouble as Zoomer a week or so back, we could see her messages she could not.
I have searched the site for a complaints feature and cannot find one, how do you get in touch with a Mod.
Frank.

01/06/2012 at 08:59
It may be that you've somehow set things to ignore yourself! As I remember,you go into your profile and look around for a blocked or ignored list. You may find yourself in there. I think this happens when that black Box comes up over a posters icon and you have the options to message or ignore. If you happen to hit ignore, it makes the box go away, but then you don't see any posts from that person. Which might be yourself!
01/06/2012 at 09:02
Oh, and yes we can see your messages, obviously, or I wouldn't have replied!
01/06/2012 at 09:03
It may be that you've somehow set things to ignore yourself! As I remember,you go into your profile and look around for a blocked or ignored list. You may find yourself in there. I think this happens when that black Box comes up over a posters icon and you have the options to message or ignore. If you happen to hit ignore, it makes the box go away, but then you don't see any posts from that person. Which might be yourself!