London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
01/06/2012 at 09:30

Thank you Figrat, I looked at the details and cannot see any box to get back in so signed out and back in, still nothing.
How do you get on touch with a mod??
Frank.

01/06/2012 at 09:38
Did you find my settings/ forum settings/ members I am ignoring? That's how Zommer sorted it out. Don't know how to get in touch with moderator, but posting on the reporting bugs thread usually gets a response. I don't think signing out, then back in would work, as your personal settings haven't been changed.
01/06/2012 at 09:42
You'll find bug reporting in forum topics/ site feedback.
01/06/2012 at 11:30

Re weather - cloudy and murky here today.  Mist on the hills keeps drifting down into the Vale, so it is rather damp and unpleasant.  Musn't grumble - at least plants aren't under stress from too much heat when they're planted out!

Re Frank's inability to see own posts:  I think figrat is right, and there's a glitch in the "ignore" part of personal settings.  I found I couldn't read any posts from Alina for no reason at all.  I hadn't even thought about ignoring anyone, but there it was!  So I "unignored" it - and now can see all posts. 

(I wonder if there's a gremlin in the system???)

01/06/2012 at 11:40

I think there is - the "edit" function, which used to work fine, fell over a few days ago, too.

01/06/2012 at 21:33

Frank it sounds like you've mistakenly clicked on something which means you are ignoring yourself, I did the same thing, don't despare.

Click on public profile (top right). Click to edit and scroll down to forum settings. There's a section which says ' members I'm ignoring' . Follow the instructions and you should hopefully resolve things. If not get back to us, we can see everything you write.

I was so pleased figrat responded when I had problems.. Frank, you of all people,  have not been sent to the naughty corner, the weather thread would not be the same without you  

01/06/2012 at 22:11

Thay sort of blanket cloud that blocks the sun but doesn't threaten rain.  Warm and windless in Kent today.

01/06/2012 at 22:15

It's been sunny and hot here again.

Everything is romping away in the garden but pests seem to be ahead of the natural controls on the raised veg garden and GH.  I've had green/blackfly and cabbage white butterfly (squashed some eggs yesterday). Tried organic spays and finally opted for a pesticide in the GH to stop greenfly

01/06/2012 at 23:13

Thanks to Figrat and Zoomer I think I have managed to get back on line
I will try this.

Frank.

01/06/2012 at 23:13

I got greenfly on a rescue plant whilst it was being cosseted on my windowsill and after many days worth of endlessly rubbing off the offenders I've come to the conclusion that they must have over wintered in the soil?

Anyways, tonight I found a ladybird larvae on my bathroom floor and promptly dispatched it onto my suffering plant with the greatest satisfaction.  

01/06/2012 at 23:20

Old fingers on the keyboard can often cause a crash
It seems I hit a wrong button disappearing in a flash
Into a strange and barren world where I had never been
Now with the help of friendly folk I am now back on the scene.

Thanks all. Frank.

And Teesside has had a rotten cold day, my daughters car broke down so she borrowed mine and Granddaughter gave me a school Sun Flower for some TLC, "I know you will make it well granddad" Hmm such confidence.

02/06/2012 at 12:31

Well - if any one can make granddaughter's flower better, then it's you, Frank. 

Very cloudy and threatening here, like it's been the past couple of days.  But, so far, it been more of a threat of rain then actual wet stuff;  things may change - we're predicted to have a bit of a soaking later today/tomorrow.  Jolly Jubilee weather?

02/06/2012 at 13:06
Overcast here in S Devon. Rain forecast for later, which the garden will appreciate. Lots of silly Jubilee stuff going on in town, so off for a wander.

Glad you're back Frank!
02/06/2012 at 14:32

Cool and overcast here, too, with rain predicted tomorrow - typical bank holiday weather!

Good to see you back, Frank

02/06/2012 at 14:52

Teesside is cold today, it was raining although now drying up.
It is a two roast Sunday lunch tomorrow, Granddaughter likes Beef and Grandson likes Pork us adults get what is left, they said make plenty of Yorkshires so a double mix then.
I noticed this morning the flag Irises in full bloom, they do cheer things up on a gloomy day. Better get that Sun flower into a nice pot with a bit more than the inch of compost it came in.

Frank.

02/06/2012 at 15:37

cloudy, sunny, cloudy, sunny, cloudy,  hope it rains tonight when I am asleep

02/06/2012 at 15:39

Cloudy day here on the west coast of Canada--rain for the last few days on and off, and all the weeds are burgeoning. Today will be a composting day. Here we are plagued by an explosion of tent caterpillars, so I do a patrol morning and evening. They go in cycles, and this year is really bad. They love fruit trees and roses particularly.

02/06/2012 at 16:23

Too hot for much gardening this afternoon - here in Normandy.  Beginning to cloud over a bit so we're hoping we get some rain this time.

02/06/2012 at 16:31

Beautiful sunshine again but the wind is chilly. Living on the south coast keeps us a bit cooler. No gardening today have had treatment for my arthritic back and neck so feelin ga bit crap. Wil be at the alotment tomorrow the weeds wait for no-one.

02/06/2012 at 17:40

Quite mild in the Sussex with a lot of cloud cover, i went on BBC Weather and they say rain at about 11pm tonight