London (change)
Today 15°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
02/06/2012 at 17:45

It's trying to rain as I type - and the clouds have been rumbling for the past hour, so it looks like we will get a bit of useful rain! 

Village had its annual duck race (postponed from the early May BH because of the rain!) and rushed things on a bit to get it done before the weather set in.  Good call, methinks.  (OH is complaining of cold feet and aching legs because he was a "thrasher" in the stream to help the ducks along )

I managed to get my beans and peas in this morning.  Just have to hope they don't get washed away .

02/06/2012 at 18:09
Proper rain just started here.hopefully butts will get topped up. Managed to prick out some teensy nictiana seedlings this afternoon, the rest of the potting on will wait till tomorrow.
02/06/2012 at 18:12

Brilliant!  If it rains tonight I dont have to water the garden.... hope tomorrow's sunny tho!

02/06/2012 at 18:15

I managed to pot up my marigolds... I had a bit of an accident with marigold seeds (I dont like them much because of the smell) but I was given them and dont like waste, anyway, I dropped two envelopes full of seeds in my compost..  Needless to say everying is coming up marigolds.. so I was glad it wasnt too hot today to do the job of repotting them.

02/06/2012 at 21:33

It's been really hot for the last 2 weeks. The thermometer in the back back garden has gone up to 30 a few times.

Friday was the last day of school and we had planned a Garden Party on the field for the whole school with kite flying and Jubilee celebrations.....

It rained of course !

Typical !

Raining now and my garden is loving it

02/06/2012 at 21:51

Cloudy,cold and looking like rain all day here in the NW. 

Good luck with the marigolds...I mixed the labels when sowing basil, so what looks like a brassica is now labelled basil, it could be any number of things, fortunately the leaves are very different to basil otherwise I could have planted broccoli in with the toms to improve their taste...or even worst, brussel sprouts

02/06/2012 at 22:28

best start to a year in a long time no hard frosts for last three weeks we should have apples this year up here in the highlands in scotland

03/06/2012 at 10:30

Pass!!

03/06/2012 at 10:43

@Zoomer44, lol

Weather here in Kent is rainy. It's that light spray kind but the garden looks like it got a right downpour through the night as some of my buckets have puddles. Good for the garden!

03/06/2012 at 11:25

Windy and not very warm. Belly dancing outdoors this afternoon Brrrrr !

03/06/2012 at 11:55

Its just about stopped raining now, I ventured out into the garden to view my "estate".  A snail  had a go at my marigolds that I repotted... it snaffled one before it pegged out from the slug pellets.  I was so angry I forgot my feelings about touching it and it came to a cruncy end.

03/06/2012 at 12:06

Grey and constant drizzle here in the EM.  Think I'll tidy the potting shed today - after the mad rush to get everything planted out over the last fortnight, it looks like a bomb hit it!:

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/8296.jpg?width=266&height=350&mode=max

03/06/2012 at 12:20

It's 12.15 and the temperature in the garden is 9.7c,  this time last week it was 20.1c full sun today it's full cloud with the threat of rain the wind is quite chilling the garden has had a good soaking so at least I can get the borders hoe'd maybe not today as the cold affects my ankle,  maybe I might get rusty if it gets to cold and damp

03/06/2012 at 12:27

@BobTheGardener, what a hive of activity!

03/06/2012 at 12:35

It has been a funny week came back from scorching Spain to scorching Southampton-now it has cooled down but is not as cold and miserable as forecast-rain overnight showers in the air around18/19C- not the 12C predicted

03/06/2012 at 12:48

It's raining here, has been all night, and the temperature is 8C.

I feel so sorry for anyone having parties today.

03/06/2012 at 12:56

Well: who'd-a-thunk it?  The sun is shining, lots of blue sky, tho' drizzly stuff in the air comes and goes (good for rainbows).

If I could send this up to London I would - it's much warmer than predicted.  Thermometer outside kitchen window reads 22C. 

Lots of low cloud on the hills, though, so once again we may be blessed with the Porlock Vale micro-climate.  But I'm making the most of it!

Roast duck with orange sauce for lunch, smelling wonderful in the oven.  Followed by Diamond apple and blackberry puffs (own invention - hope they taste as good as they look!).  And a bottle of fizz to go with it. 

Happy Jubilee all. 

03/06/2012 at 16:00

Well it has barely stopped raining here in Merseyside since yesterday morning. Looking on ther bright side though at least my water butts will be full! 

03/06/2012 at 17:27

RAIN RAIN RAIN ... IN CAMBRIDGSHIRE

03/06/2012 at 21:34

It's not rained here like this since April!