London (change)
Today 12°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 7°C
10/06/2012 at 00:26

Oh, Frank - that's not a vague refence to the war, is it?  Now, now - you know that it makes some people a bit twitchy!  You'll be extolling the virtues of Glen Miller or Vera Lynn soon (please!)

10/06/2012 at 01:16

O frabjus day!!! Calloo! Callay!

10/06/2012 at 10:51
Shrinking Violet wrote (see)

Oh, Frank - that's not a vague refence to the war, is it?  Now, now - you know that it makes some people a bit twitchy!  You'll be extolling the virtues of Glen Miller or Vera Lynn soon (please!)

POSH, "Moi" "nimmer-mehr" as a matter of fact because of the rotten TV coverage last night I did get an hour's practice on the old "Joanna" and you guessed right a lot of Glen Miller got an airing.
Back on track, Teesside today is bathed in sunshine although there is some heavy cloud up there, the greenhouse is open and the Toms got a trowel full of my gold compost and a watering, I love the smell when you do that.
No cooking today we are down in the Vale of York for a family party, my Granddaughter the Engineer is on leave from Canada to go to a wedding, she goes back early in the week so a chance for me to catch up.
They have upgraded the M1 motorway so I will need to find my way into the village, it had been blocked off.
What would we do without life's little problems to solve.

Frank.

10/06/2012 at 11:00

Southampton

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/Rainy_day_here_.gif

10/06/2012 at 13:19

Well, it's dry here in N. Yorks so far, and predicted to remain so - so good news for that wedding, Frank!

10/06/2012 at 14:55

Lovely day here so far, with sun and passing clouds.  After all of the rain lately, I'm sure I can actually hear things growing!  Unfortunately, serious amounts of the wet stuff forecast for tomorrow though, so planting out the last of the sprouts today - at least they'll get a good watering in tomorrow!

10/06/2012 at 14:59

Wet.  Very.  But windless (hoorah!)

Went for carvery lunch the other side of Exmoor (well worth the drive - I reckon they could name the beast the beautiful beef comes from!)  Now, replete, I'm not sorry that I simply cannot do any gardening today.  Will sit back and revel in my 35th Wedding Anniversary (unfortunately, it's not associated with a precious metal or jewel - gotta wait another five years for that )

Frank:  music on the old Joanna, eh?  And I thought you were the very devil on the spoons! 

10/06/2012 at 16:44
sotongeoff wrote (see)
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/windy.gif

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/funnyzone4u/Funny%20Animations/animation.gif

10/06/2012 at 19:05

Following a few terrible days of wind, but no rain, today was just gorgeous.  Not too hot, but enough to slightly colour my fair shoulders.

10/06/2012 at 20:21

It was lovely and warm here, no wind or rain. I tied in plants in the GH and discovered a cue hiding behind a leaf, courgettes are flowering, along with first earlies and a tom plant has lots of tiny green fruit on. Picked my first purple podded peas today, they didn't make it to the kitchen but tasted divine. Biggest pea plants I've ever grown at nearly 5ft and still growing.

Planted out some fennel, second time lucky, I'm hoping for some bulbs this year.  

10/06/2012 at 20:47

2nd lovely day on the trot! Is this our summer? Just heard we are to expect a whole month's rain in the next 48 hours! My garden floods after heavy rain as it's clay, but I feel so sorry for those poor folks in Wales. They must have head not only their gardens ruined , but their homes as well. My heart goes out to them.

10/06/2012 at 20:53

I know things like this are notoriously unreliable but this is the 10 day forecast for my area-not much sign of sun

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Southampton-UKXX0138

11/06/2012 at 10:21

It is raining and it is not going to stop today and might even get thunder

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/smiley_emoticons_regenschirm.gif

11/06/2012 at 11:00

10.55, the rain has just made it to East Dorset.

Indoor jobs today. Afternoon dog walk in doubt.

11/06/2012 at 11:15

Sorry Geoff & all down south, another decent day here in Manchester.

Got the front bed planted out yesterday & the last 2 toms set up in greenhouse.

Off to remove excess self-seeders from the patio cracks now. Was going to cull the unwanted aquilegias from lawn bed, but they are still buzzing with bees, so that can wait. J.

11/06/2012 at 11:34

Posh, although driven to practice I did learn at an early age being able to play was good for pulling the girls especially "In the mood" "sentimental journey" "American patrol" and some of the weepies like "Soldiers dream of home and Suda Bay.
Fell asleep many a good night in the mess under the piano stool, music can lift the spirit at the most unlikely times.

Weather dull and cloudy although no rain as yet, cannot see across the Tees to Rain's neck of the woods, we had no rain in the vale of York when parts of it were flooding yesterday, I sat in a lovely conservatory watching the clouds sweep over the fields full of animals.

Frank.

11/06/2012 at 11:55

Well, that was something and nothing - barely enough to dampen a chicken. Maybe the clouds exhausted themselves over Sussex and Hants.

11/06/2012 at 17:27

It has now been raining consistently heavy for 8 hours and is expected to go on for another 8-I am seriously peed off now

11/06/2012 at 17:29

oh and just to cheer me up the weather chaps are forecasting more windy and wet stuff to end the week

11/06/2012 at 18:06

Sotongeoff - I feel so sorry for you.  It was predicted that we, too, would be rained on all day.  As it happened, this morning was dry but cloudy, so I got the front garden weeded and dug over.  Rain this afternoon - more of the nuisance variety than anything else.  The News on TV says there have been floods etc in your neck of the woods.  Hope your feet, at least, are dry!