London (change)
Today 13°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
11/06/2012 at 18:10

Dogs got afternoon walk but proper raining here now - have just put soggy chickens away. It's bloomin' nippy out there.

11/06/2012 at 19:31

Got 1/2 hr sunshine this afternoon  in Kent. The rest of the day is anyone's guess.

11/06/2012 at 20:30

Well the sun went in as soon as I got outside! None too warm either, but did get into a flower bed & removed a load of self-seeders. Memo to self- be more ruthless next autumn!! (if possible)

Sun came out just as I'd finished & packing things away!

All being well another dry day due tomorrow, so plan to cut the lawn. J.

11/06/2012 at 21:56

No rain for me at all today but not very warm either,  at least the garden has had chance to drain off from the downpour on Sunday,  garden to wet to get anything done so will have to wait for a week or so as the forecast for the next few days is cold but dry.

11/06/2012 at 22:27

We didn't get alot of rain today, it was cooler than yesterday too. The hedge got a trim and the lawn needs cutting, you can see where the cat lays on it, she's leaving mini crop circles  

12/06/2012 at 09:50

Cant believe how much it rained yesterday, local ponds and roads flooded. Dry at the moment  but more rain forcast. Can you believe we still have a hosepipe ban!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats sussex for you

12/06/2012 at 10:12

Maud, on our weather program last night both East and West Sussex where covered in rain cloud that is the sunny South for you.
Teesside awoke to cloud at seven this morning, now the sun is shining although there is some vicious looking dark cloud to the North. Some blue sky some white cloud overhead and the Cleveland Hills are in view today showing all the detail so "our Rain" if probably watching her garden dry out.
It is not as warm as yesterday although quite breezy, that should keep the clouds moving out to sea.

Frank.

12/06/2012 at 13:12

Wet and windy in Kent.

12/06/2012 at 16:03

We're had 2 lovely dry days and the forecast is the same again for tomorrow 

12/06/2012 at 16:31
tattianna wrote (see)

We're had 2 lovely dry days and the forecast is the same again for tomorrow 

You can go off people

Well after 24 hours of rain it finally stopped around 10 this mornng- but is so cold outside around-10/11C- and cloudy

12/06/2012 at 18:38

Sorry to add to those in rain-sodden misery, but in W. Somerset it has been lovely.  Blue skies & sunshine although coolish rather than warm.  But nice enough to get out into the garden all day, plant (much overdue) plants raised from seed and to pull the ever-present weeds )

Oh - weeds:  Verbena Bonariensis:  I have hundreds of self-seeded plants!  Potted up loads (the whole village will have these in their gardens at this rate) and, against my normal instincts, I have to get rid of loads more!  Am I alone in finding it hard to dispose of viable seedlings?

12/06/2012 at 20:32

Cool, but dry here today, and with a few sunny intervals - can't believe it

12/06/2012 at 21:07

The sun came out as I was driving back from yoga at about 8.40 pm!!!

12/06/2012 at 21:48

Hi everyone. Had a nice day here in Bristol. Spent a lovely couple of hours pottering this afternoon. Pulled out loads of forget me nots.....and weeds !! Planted 3 ferns and an acer. My poor foxgloves were nearly all horizontal after those high winds, and two snapped off. I am just the same Shrinking violet, I cannot pull out and dispose of self seeders. I have dozens of verbena bonariensis, even growing in cracks in the paving !

12/06/2012 at 22:40

Yes Frank I've had nice sunshine as well and the garden is drying out finally,  been lovey today but again a chilly wind but out of it it was nice,  my poppies have been flattened with the wind so I wont be growing them again,  Delphs are holing up though the top of one has snapped off but as long as the sun shines I'm OK with that,  had enough rain over the last few days in fact over the last few months.

13/06/2012 at 09:59

Teesside sunny and warm today, we do have a mixture of cloud and blue sky, nothing looks too threatening though.
My peony's are well budded up and ready to open, this is the second lot, the first have been and gone, the originali come later than the modern ones. Foxgloves up and blooming after I staked them and yellow poppy's where I never put any, blame the birds?
Greenhouse open and very warm though I do have some plants shading some of the glass, lawn needing a cut although first I need some food, my grandchildren came last night and cleared everything out, it was worth it for the big hugs I got.

Frank.

13/06/2012 at 17:21

We had showers this morning, but it's a lot brighter now- bit late as teatime!

Yesterday I did manage a lawn cut & got the last of the summer planting finally done- phew!

Things now less pressing, but tomorrow am due at the hospital again so no chance to get outside & as for the forecast for friday onwards.......... J.

13/06/2012 at 17:34

Sunny but with more cloud today.  It's building up to look a bit grey and threatening now - forecast is rather depressing!

14/06/2012 at 08:54

Finally yesterday late afternoon the sun appeared-this morning it has started sunny but rain and the rest is forecast for later and the next few days-according to the 10 day forecast summer returns from Tuesday-or will it?

14/06/2012 at 09:17

Same as So'ton but a bit earlier as it crossing west to east.