London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
19/06/2012 at 12:58

Had an unexpected short sharp shower of rain mid evening yesterday! None had been forecast. Grass was still wet this morning, so abandoned plans to do lawn today.

Just now have been & checked & it's dry enough to do a cut- car still out after doing errands earlier, so easy to get mower out of garage.

Some sun out there, but quite a few dark clouds over to the west. Must get a move on. J.

19/06/2012 at 13:37

Bright and sunny here on the south coast. Have been to allotment today cant believe how much the weeds have grown. Picked my 1st lot of home grown strawberries, so much better than shop bought.Out in the garden this afternoon need to move a compost bin, what fun.

19/06/2012 at 14:03

Bright and sunny though a fair bit of cloud and still a cool 'nip' in the air.  Should be warmer tomorrow.  But Thursday onwards - we have a yellow alert for - guess what?  Rain! Again!

19/06/2012 at 15:51

Sunny but very windy quite warm at 20.5 which is more or less what it was yesterday.

I have tried the crystal's Shrinking Violet they do work but only if it stays dry as they are washed away when it rains,  I was going to net it when I put the seed down Frank as I wasn't going to take the chance of them scratching about in it and the ground is quite wet as I seem to have rain  every night and belive me the cats are not frightend of the dog  one of them has even sneeked up behind us and nipped at Phoebe's heels

19/06/2012 at 21:21
Lovely day here in Bristol. Hubby had a day off today so he cut the grass. Still waiting for the strimmer to be repaired so either got to cut the edges by hand or wait and keep looking at untidy long grass. Strawberries looking good, just need a bit more consistant sunshine to ripen them. Did'nt manage to get anything else done as we went to our favourite garden centre for a little wander and a cup of tea and cake.
20/06/2012 at 10:10

Sunny Southampton

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/006.gif

20/06/2012 at 12:31

Lunchtime in Manchester. Our sun is coming & going, Still am going to sit out with a good book, have put on suncream, hat & insect repellent.

Spent this morning filling the wheely bin with finished Aquilegias, Tellima & unwanted A. Mollis. Made a note to split/move a hardy geranium as just too big for its' position close to a path. Did cut it back too, almost gone over- literally. J.

20/06/2012 at 13:16

Lovely sunny morning - and quite warm.  Clouding over now - wet stuff on the way!

20/06/2012 at 13:34

Its overcast near yeovil in somerset, but its still muggy! rain expected this evening...

20/06/2012 at 20:18
Another lovely day but rain forecast for tomorrow. Cut back a few rogue brambles that dared to show their faces in my border, but that was it for today. H ave to do some housework sometimes !!
20/06/2012 at 21:05

Wonderful day sunshine all day and at least the wind has dropped off,  decided not to grass over the borders so what I've done is tidy it all up and my upstairs neighbour has given me some citronella oil so I've put some on my rocket sticks and placed them a foot apart,  so watch this space,  I shall not be beaten by a b*****y cat.

20/06/2012 at 22:11

Two warm sunny days on the trot, the GH needed watering and in the end I watered outside pots.,

Go on my jollies towards the end of next week and typically loads of stuff is looking like it will be ready to pick whilst away. The strawberries and currants were netted this evening in the hope there might be some left when I get back and after the birds have had their fill.  

20/06/2012 at 22:56

Gorgeous sunshine in Kent today and yesterday. Felt like summer, rain is forecast for tomorrow 

20/06/2012 at 23:17

It started to rain a couple of hours ago, as predicted.  It is now absolutely chucking it down.  Goodness knows what havoc I'll find in the garden tomorrow.

20/06/2012 at 23:23

Rain not here yet but should be here by the time I get up in the morning,  Daughter lives in Ely and they have thunder storms forecast for tomorrow she loves storms,  not that keen on them myself after I was struck by lightning when I was 15,  well it was a secondary strike as it hit a street light shot down to earth and I just happened to be walking past it so got me on the way past,  not nice at all !

21/06/2012 at 11:51

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/raintweety.gif

21/06/2012 at 12:18

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGL8novDQ9Ogcs23fwlTpGytxsGYhCazK0GThE8aLZfEi-4dOB

Much the same here Geoff and its Midsummers Day today hmmmmmmm

21/06/2012 at 12:26

There has been a bit of discussion about this- the Summer Solstice was celebrated at Stonehenge today but traditionally Midsummer's day is celebrated 3 days later- so this year it is on 24th June

21/06/2012 at 12:31
Oh goody it's...raining.
21/06/2012 at 12:38

We had a couple of hour' respite - but it's now raining again.    Oriental poppies took a bit of a battering last night, but less harm than I had expected given the downpour.  Goodness knows when I'll able to get out in the garden again, looking at the weather forecast. <sigh>

@ Rain - re the problem you have with cats, I've just been reading Amateur Gardening mag. and a reader has said that she drove any number of cats away with a black plastic Cat Repeller bought from Homebase.  It runs on 2 x 9v batteries and works using a high pitched whine.  I've no personal experience of the product, but when I read about it, I thought of you.  I wonder if you would find it worth a look?