London (change)
Today 15°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
23/06/2012 at 00:06

The torch went by today and it has been heavy torrential rain all day. I was on the phone as the office emptied mins before it was due to go by and couldn't get out,so three of us had an excellent view from a top floor window ,  after spending weeks saying we should put personal views aside and be supporting this, felt a tab bit guilty when everyone else came back in looking misrable and wet through 

23/06/2012 at 08:18

You know I think you could be right Alina. Perhaps I am hallucinating...  when I got up this morning the paving on the patio was dry and I could actually hear the birds when I went into the conservatory. Alas my excitment was short lived when I heard the familiar deafening sound of the rain drowning out the sound of the birds   

23/06/2012 at 10:42

Clear blue sky and sunshine today so off to allotment to dig up onions as the tops have all gone over. Rain is forcast for tomorrow, now that makes a change. After i heard how much the opening ceremony for the olympics eas costing [27 million pounds] i wont be watching any of it. Think i will be down the allotment.

23/06/2012 at 19:44

Actually been dry all day here in Manchester, but a very strong wind. Why didnt I do any washing?

We've put down soya bread crusts to act as slug bait- tally 20+ so far! All either stamped on or dealt with. Saves me having to go out at night with a torch. J.

23/06/2012 at 22:51

Another day of rain.

Maud, the last opening ceremony was always going to be a tough act to follow, I'll be watching it this time, I just hope we don't get it really wrong as we often do in times of national pride and I mean that most sincerely for the Scots,Welsh, Irish and English

23/06/2012 at 22:53

Dry with sunny spells in Kent. Chilly wind but not too strong.

23/06/2012 at 23:32

Not much in the way of rain today but very strong winds not quite gale force but bad enough at least it's drying the ground out.

24/06/2012 at 09:06

Raining again this morning in Merseyside though the forecast does predict a dry afternoon!!!!

Hmmmm lets see eh?

24/06/2012 at 12:25

Having just put out the washing the black clouds arrived in Manchester so washing now back inside. Now the sun is trying again!

Have put down more bits of bread for the slug bait- it really does work! No snails though. J.

24/06/2012 at 12:38

Mostly dry yesterday - until late afternoon.  Then it chucked it down for hours.  It was hard to get to sleep, the rain was so forceful on the windowpanes.  But today it is bright and breezy - lots of sunshine and the garden isn't as battered as I expected it to be.

24/06/2012 at 12:56

I have sunshine today but the sky is full of cloud some whit and some black,  the wind still blowing but has eased off to a strong breeze but it's 18.3 in the garden so can't complain about it being cold.

24/06/2012 at 16:20

Talking of getting things wrong did you watch Eurovision? Got a real mixture of weather today sun, showers, wind and cold. Dug up all the onions yesterday now drying in the greenhouse. Hoping for a better week weather wise.

24/06/2012 at 20:17

Well the forecasters got it right, it's been a lovely afternoon in Merseyside. There's been a blustery, chilly wind but the sun has been shining.   I've been out in the garden since lunch time and had a good tidy up. Even managed to give the pots a good feed. I'm sure my neighbour thought I was going mad when he saw me out with the watering can after the rain we've had. 

24/06/2012 at 20:29

The sun has been out, happy days

24/06/2012 at 22:35
Had quite a good day yesterday until evening then it chucked it down all night. Still breezy today but sunshine all day. Shame I was unable to potter, but did get the washing dry. Forecast good for tomorrow so looking forward to some time spent doing what I love most. Oh dear, hubby just informed me England lost on penaltys, best go put the kettle on !
24/06/2012 at 22:39

Like thunder here and its nearly time for dreeeeam....

25/06/2012 at 12:26

Dry and lots of warm sunshine- finally-off to see the Wombles tomorrow, so need a fine day-it apparently is going to a hot and humid next few days

25/06/2012 at 12:56

Dry but more cloud than sunshine.  Looks like we'll be getting the worst of it as yet another front works its way up the SW peninsular

25/06/2012 at 13:55

A busy weekend with unexpected visitors to feed Saturday and the normal roast off Sunday, Daughter and Phoebe just gone so relaxing, I need it.
Teesside same as "Rain's" side of the Tees for a change, fair and warm today some sun, not a lot. Anyone who remembers June 1944 will remember the massive storms that wrecked the Mulberry Harbours off the beach in Normandy so it is nothing new.

Frank.

25/06/2012 at 13:57

Very cloudy & chilly this morning but since lunch time the sun had come out and it's lovely & warm.