London (change)
Today 7°C / 2°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 7°C
25/06/2012 at 20:18

Turned out nice today in Manchester, so did lots of 'little' garden jobs this afternoon.

Had coffee at local GC this morning & found a lupin, with plenty of new growth, for 50p in the reduced section! It's now planted up, plus a surrounding copper ring, Nothing much to lose at that price.

Typically daughter & me have planned a day out tomorrrow- going to Bodnant in NWales- & the weather forecast not brilliant. Should have gone today..... J.

25/06/2012 at 22:23
Lovely day here today in bristol. Very hot lunchtime when me and a friend sat out at our favourite GC having lunch. Bought 2 Icelandic poppies for ??2-50 in the poorly plant section. Gave them a good soak and already look a lot better.
Went to Bodnant a few weeks ago (that really hot week ) when on holiday. Really lovely. Have you been before jo4eyes ?
26/06/2012 at 00:10

Maud - last time I watched Eurovision I think Abba won

It was nice and sunny here today. Lancashire has had it's fair share of the floods, living at the top of a hill has it's advantages. Hope the weather's nice for you guys over the next few weeks, it's forcast rain again here from Wednesday. I'm off to warmer climates, still to pack though.  

26/06/2012 at 08:24

The sun is out its 12c so far. Im planning a morning in the garden how lucky am I..

26/06/2012 at 10:37

Cloudy.  Damp - intermittent rain/drizzle   Could be worse, I suppose - but that is due later in the week in the form of heavy rain and thunderstorms.  Only things this sort of weather is good for are - slimeys and crunchies! (oh, my poor lettuces - looking rather lacy round the edges.)

26/06/2012 at 10:41
Started off ok here until I put some washing out !! Now its clouded over and a light drizzle. Thought it was meant to be ok today, or was that wishful thinking ??
26/06/2012 at 10:42
Enjoy your hols Zoomer44.
26/06/2012 at 10:45

Lorelei - I think we're sending our dampness up the Bristol Channel to you.  Sorry

26/06/2012 at 16:42

What hasn't been flattened by rain or ripped to shreds by wind has been eaten by slugs. Why do fine days only happen when I am other wise engaged and cannot garden? I have 1 day in 2 weeks when I am free (Saturday). What are the odds on it raining on that day. Have only been able to spend a couple of evenings in the garden so far this year. Hope we get some fine warm evenings before it's too late!

26/06/2012 at 19:00

Summer's day in Kent.

26/06/2012 at 22:42
I think you are Shrinking Violet. Could you not send it out to sea instead ! The light drizzle turned to heavy drizzle, washing now on the airer. Went out on a slug hunt just before dark, managed to slice a few slimy critters.
It would be so lovely to be able to sit out in the evening Marygold. Surely thats not asking too much.
26/06/2012 at 23:15

Full day of garden clean up in sunny then cloudy weather, it rained when i finished at four thirty or 16:30 if you wish.
The Tees is scheduled for bad weather tomorrow so glad it all got done today.
Enjoy your holiday Zoomer and bring some sun back with you.

Frank.

27/06/2012 at 10:09

If I look to the south, I can't see Exmoor.  If I look to the north, I can't see the Bristol Channel, let alone South Wales.  It's dank, murky and misty with low cloud .  I suppose I should be glad that I can see the end of my garden - but it wouldn't take much more of this and it, too, would be shrouded.

27/06/2012 at 10:57

Got plenty of sea mist today which keeps the temperature. Going for a picnic with my mum. Hopefully we wont be sitting in the car whilst its rains, been there and done that one.back in the garden this afternoon as i need to treat the fences. Theres always something that needs doing

27/06/2012 at 11:29

Teesside as usual is making the forecaster out to be a liar, it is dry and warm though with high grey cloud.
I can see across to the Cleveland hills south of me and it looks very murky, to Durham and the north a little less cloudy and the weather front seems to be out to sea, no wind as yet. To the west and the Dales low cloud, we seem to be a small island of no rain with a promise later Hm.

Frank.

27/06/2012 at 21:28

Wall to wall cloud but biy has it been warm,  at one point in the garden it was 22.2c little to no wind,  the sun did manage to get out about 5.15 when I took the dog out gosh it was hot,  the dog does'nt do heat so didn't get very far,  it's quite cloudy now at 21.27 but a lovely sunset and 17.4c so still nice,  wonder how long it will last.

27/06/2012 at 22:21

Rain I had to go to Tospots for food and it was so humid on the car park I broke a sweat. We got the sun a bit earlier than you and a sunset. Just put the green bags out as they come early it is sweltering out there.

Frank.

27/06/2012 at 22:28
Misty and drizzly this morning but humid. By 3pm sun came out and it was lovely. Out in the garden til 9pm, it was so warm still. Forecast not too good for tomorrow.
27/06/2012 at 22:59

Rain but warm 15c. I got my bedroom decorated today so that wouldn't have been done if the sun was shining..

28/06/2012 at 10:20

Teesside; lawns cut and bagged up for green-waste who will be here shortly.
All done in warm humid weather and just finished as we had a two minute shower, brightening again now though.
I can see over the valley today although it does look a bit muggy over there, I have to cross the Tees to shop at S&M for the weekend so will see for myself "our Rain" have the tea pot ready.

Frank.