London (change)
Today 26°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 19°C
28/06/2012 at 22:18

"Oh dear" Rain, ten miles south that is you got it, ten miles north and up to Newcastle got it, we got a short sharp shower.
It was horrendous up there with flash floods and landslides causing chaos. I never even heard your thunder, a bit of a day all round.

Frank.

28/06/2012 at 22:37

torrential rain thunder, lightening and 16c tonight.. here in the North of Scotland

29/06/2012 at 10:26

Teesside, my side, some blue sky and sunshine, surrounded by cloud which looks a bit like a witches cauldron over "Rain".
Not good a few miles north of us though, road and rail lines cut off, schools closed and power off.
They say a once in a hundred years storm? they are wrong, we had the great darkness at noon way back in the 1980's if I remember right.

Frank.

29/06/2012 at 10:26

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/Raining7-10.gif

29/06/2012 at 11:31

No rain so far today. Quite windy but dry and sunny. Will definately sort out compost bin today.Forcast for weekend is the same. Hope to get to allotment on sunday i daresay the weeds will have grown again. Why is it that weeds grow so much faster than the veg?

29/06/2012 at 12:30

Am very glad that I'd got back from walking to/from shops- first time since before Christmas I think (I will get fitter!)- when after, of course, putting a 2cnd wash load out, it's just thrown it down!! Sun now back out & lots of blue sky!

At least it's pleasant temperature wise, humidity gone. Hmm, do I risk the washing again?

Frank- my car got hammered by the hailstones in 80s. If you looked at it under certain lighting the dints were quite visible! J.

29/06/2012 at 12:34

Thunderstorm stopped the Olympic torch run in our town!!  Just back from a fairly sunny 10 days in the Netherlands, not stopped raining much here since. 

29/06/2012 at 13:46

Sunshine and torrential showers,  had to ring the council to come and clear the drain as it's still full and now due to the fact that it's still raining it's overflowing again,  do hope they come soon,  because I'm in  a dip all the surface water heads to my drain and misses the ones on either side, they are in fact almost useless and there's not much can be done about it,  stupid road infrastructure I think didn't think about the consequence's when building !

29/06/2012 at 14:10

Rain this morning - now some sunshine, but breezy and intermittent showers are forecast.  Uh oh - here comes one now! 

29/06/2012 at 14:54

That was quick,  the council were here 2.15 but cant clear it so it's still full,  have rung the Water Board and they are going to send someone to have a look,  don't think they will be quick as the council but as long as it gets sorted I'm not bothered

29/06/2012 at 15:31

Rain and wind again again in Bournemouth not nice at all. Heard on the radio this morning that there is no sign of prolonged sunshine for at least the next two weeks. Where has our summer gone? 

Geoff, how do you get those brilliant pictures on here? Its so cute.

29/06/2012 at 15:35
donutsmrs wrote (see)

Rain and wind again again in Bournemouth not nice at all. Heard on the radio this morning that there is no sign of prolonged sunshine for at least the next two weeks. Where has our summer gone? 

Geoff, how do you get those brilliant pictures on here? Its so cute.

If you have a photobucket account you can key in a search and lots of images come up including moving ones-just download from there then upload on here-it is free to use and is good for us little kids to play with

29/06/2012 at 15:42

I will have a look at that, Thanks Geoff.

29/06/2012 at 22:23
30/06/2012 at 09:18

Yes it worked and how amazing, Rain....it was much the same here in the Midlands.

Even for those who were lucky enough to escape damage indoors, it's still terribly disheartening to see this kind of damage to our beloved gardens.

30/06/2012 at 14:53

Teesside hot muggy and heavy cloud when I went for my paper. We then had a violent rainstorm followed by sunshine which is still with us.
The local nursery has a plant sale on, two for one, never known that happen before things must be tight. They do have own grown and very good plants, I have never had to take any back which I have done at the well known GC's, must admit they always oblige with cash back. Will pay them a visit as I have several empty boxes and pots.

Frank.

30/06/2012 at 15:28

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/sun-1.gif

30/06/2012 at 16:25
Not a bad morning but turned in wet this afternoon. Just had a torrential downpour and now the sun is shining. Looks dodgy to the West tho', in for some more no doubt.
30/06/2012 at 18:57

Well we've not had snow & ice today, but everything else in Manchester.

Wind was less first thing when went out & not too damp either. Ha, that didnt last. Really heavy showers on/off, sun, winds increased & then hail!

Was going for a 'day out' tomorrow, but the forecast awful again, so maybe not.... J.

01/07/2012 at 16:12

Teesside, it turned out nice again as you could tell by the buzz and whine of lawn mowers.
I thought I was getting my daughters dog today for a few hours but my grandson came in with him, "I would rather stay with you than go to a craft fair" he knew I would be cooking lunch. He had two helpings of everything and is now eating iced lollies and the dog is flaked out full of chicken.
"oh well" two satisfied customers and the sun is shining.

Frank.