London (change)
Today 18°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
01/07/2012 at 16:46

The weather has stayed fine and sunny so i did turn out both compost bins. I am now more compost than women. Why do i always get so dirty? Clouding over now so dont think it will be long before it rains, but its been dry all weekend and we even fittid in a barbeque.

01/07/2012 at 17:00

Dry, sunny and breezy here, so perfect for getting washing dry.  Brother visiting from Northamptonshire, so no real gardening - but there's always next week (in between the predicted showers and Wimbledon, of course )

01/07/2012 at 17:01

Been raining here , it seems like forever. Our garden ( on heavy clay) has been a pond more times than I like to think this year. We are turning it into a raised bed, decking and wildlife pond haven as I type. Rain today again and more of the same for the rest of the week according to the forecast. We have had so little sunshine or warmth that all  my vegies are struggling to get going at all. I know I add the extra 4 weeks onto Gardeners world times but so far even my parsnips are only about 4" high . Much less flower on things like peas also and as for beetroot and carrot struggling there too. Still perhaps I shall have high hopes for the rest of the month of July!!!!!

01/07/2012 at 17:06

The sun has just come out here after an overcast day, but it's supposed to be wet for the rest of the week

01/07/2012 at 17:15

The sun finally made it here in Manchester, about 4pm. Too late for any serious tasks, but did tie in some sweetpeas, beans & tomatoes.

Forecast dire for the next few days- I expect shall eventually don waterproof trousers, jacket, hat & wellies & get out there in desperation. J.

01/07/2012 at 23:05
A bit mixed today. Rain this morning (poured almost all night) then brightened up this afternoon. Did'nt last tho' and had another shower a bit earlier. Rain forecast for the next week !!
On a good note, saw a hedgehog in the garden this evening, first I've seen for a few years, yippee.
01/07/2012 at 23:10

Rain and 11c here in the North today, gorgeous yesterday I got 3 loads of washing dry

02/07/2012 at 10:04

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/Boy_in_rain.gif

02/07/2012 at 10:13

Teesside, no sun as yet but no rain either. Windows open to let the light breeze through the house very warm and guess what the sun came out as I write.
Swarms of bees on the Peony's and cranes bill which are in full colour right now, the foxgloves still have a few flowers left for them too.

Frank.

02/07/2012 at 11:43

Wet!  Again!

02/07/2012 at 13:12

It's raining in Warwickshire, and rain is forecast for the next two days, and possibly beyond, into the indefinite future.

It was dry for a few minutes earlier this morning, so I went out and got some grass cut; that was getting desperate. The grass has been growing really well.

02/07/2012 at 14:51

It was dry, briefly, early this morning in Manchester.

Back to 'normal'- wet again. About 15-16C which is surprising.J.

02/07/2012 at 15:35

Tis rainin yer but evrythins butiful, grass is green, flowers is flurishin.

better than a drought don't you think?

Got too much lettuce mind!

02/07/2012 at 17:51

raining here all day.. not stopped since 7am this morning.. really fed up with it now..

day lillies are not opening fear they will die in bud.. and more is forecast for tomorrow.. this is july for heavens sake.. all we have had it wind and rain.. battered my plants..

02/07/2012 at 17:53

weet and  dull and cool 

02/07/2012 at 22:26

You learn something new as they say
Tonight I found out that something I observed many years ago as I toured the ICI refineries at night has a name.
Night Glowing Clouds? We in the north east apparently are best placed to see this phenomenon of clouds glowing and changing showing pattern changes and colours.
I had seen the northern lights a couple of times and wondered if this was similar but no, it happens this time of the year as the sun below the horizon reflects on the cloud formation. The weather girl had pictures up and I knew I had seen it happen but it only can be seen on a narrow band across the north of England.
It also showed the jet stream well south over France and Spain so more wet weather for a while yet then.
Frank.

02/07/2012 at 22:31

Raining hard all day in Staffordshire,long range forecast says we might get a dry day Wednesday before heavy rain returns.

03/07/2012 at 09:59

More rain!!!!!Husband and daughter going to a music festival this weekend so im hoping it will at least be dry especially as im the one that has to do the washing.

03/07/2012 at 11:23

Teesside, Sunshine at the moment although quite a lot of cloud around, still warm though.

Frank.

03/07/2012 at 11:26

The BBC weatherman said yesterday that this horrible weather may last for 'another several weeks'.