London (change)
Today 20°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 14°C
03/07/2012 at 15:19

Today he said there is a glimpse of a change next week-I need more than a glimpse

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/Boy_in_rain.gif

DAY 2

03/07/2012 at 15:35

PLEASE!!! give me some sunshine and warm summer weather.We have had two whole days of non stop rain. "They" say there is no change to this weather for at least a couple of weeks, ooh I hope "they" are wrong. 

03/07/2012 at 16:04

We were dry this morning & so I dashed around doing errands & just as I got home, it began to spit with rain!

Anyway, lawn has been done, some cutting back of a finished large poppy so I could plant out an Agastache, plus copper ring. A Helianthus got popped into the back of another bed- temporary spot- & will get split/moved to its' intended position in the autumn. That's assuming I can actually get the compacted soil sorted out on that bed as planned. At this rate......

Now it's raining again! Is it worth washing jars for jam? Fruit picking not likely at the mo. Usually am listening to Wimbledon on radio whilst sweating over a bubbling jam pan in a West facing kitchen! J.

03/07/2012 at 18:40
Rain, rain and more rain...all day.
03/07/2012 at 18:43

Guess what? - Its still raining 

03/07/2012 at 19:04

Lovely again 20c and dry, got my edges done with my trusty old kitchen sissors, until someone invents a strimmer that lasts more than 5mins and picks up,and got my grass cut the slight breeze kept the midges away

03/07/2012 at 20:25

Sun and cloud a sticky 22.2c in the garden at lunch time now dropped of to 17.4c,  managed to get the back grass cut as there's bad forecast tomorrow will the sun ever shine again I wonder ?

03/07/2012 at 22:10

Grey clouds. Rain. Grey clouds again. Rain again. Grey . . . . . . . . . . .

Well, you get the picture!  Fed up with this.  Going on holiday to Cornwall next week.  Probably be as much fun as .......... grey clouds and rain!  Again! 

04/07/2012 at 06:43

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/Boy_in_rain.gif

DAY 3

04/07/2012 at 09:04

Dull - drab - depressing!

04/07/2012 at 09:33

Four letters, begins with R....

04/07/2012 at 10:14

Ditto David.  Also alliteratively, dank, so feeling downhearted awaiting downpour!

04/07/2012 at 10:20

Guess what more rain, think i will have to grow some flippers. Talk about fed up!

04/07/2012 at 11:23

Eight letters beginning with "S", Sunshine although plenty of cloud, very dour looking over towards the Hills to the South and not much better towards the east coast, as usual Teesside bucks the trend.
A day in the garden or what is left of the day, after feeding my grandchildren yesterday I needed a clean up.
Maybe a visit to the local nursery they have two for one offers on and they do have very good plants.

Frank.

04/07/2012 at 11:34

That's what we need Frank - a bit of HRT (Horticultural Retail Therapy).  I wouldn't mind a drop or two of your sunshine either.  I can't see the hills the clouds are so low and the rain looks like it's set in for the day.

04/07/2012 at 12:05

Rain, rain and more rain. The dogs, being small, are soaked through and covered in mud so confined to kitchen with old towels. No chance of any gardening :- (

04/07/2012 at 13:32

Something weird has occurred. The air outside has no wet bits in. And there was a strange yellowish glow - gone now, must've been a UFO.

04/07/2012 at 13:57

Posh, whilst I finish my sandwich, home baked ham, A report on the Sunflower.
It now sits in a twelve inch pot and was inspected by granddaughter last night, she has to give an update to her Teacher. I got a hug so she was well pleased "err" granddaughter not Teacher. Afraid Grandson upset Mum, "why can we not have good food like this at home" I ducked out.
Sun still there so back out, the tomato's tied in topped up the pots and side shoots though not many of them. A lot of dead heading to do the Paeony now finished though the Cranes bill under the large bush still going strong. The Deutzia which has flowered for what seem weeks is now needing a trim, you should move North, sun and fresh air.

Frank.

04/07/2012 at 16:52

Hot, sunny and humid here with occasional clouds.  Yesterday too and we had a light shower late evening.  Tomorrow we're to expect thunder storms.

A friend came round this morning to help me weed my disaster as I've had to spend the 4 months since end of Feb incapacitated by a slipped cervical disc that needed surgery and R & R while I sat and just watched the weeds grow.  So frustrating.  OH has tried but is not a discerning weeder.

However now I'm back in the saddle for half days at least and we have several fine pile of nasties waiting for OH to get home and wheel them to the compost bins.  It's going to take him several trips.  I shall be dead heading peonies too.

04/07/2012 at 17:14

You know what I'm going to say - Its still raining