London (change)
Today 23°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 14°C
06/07/2012 at 21:03

Thanks for the good wishes David.  Fingers etc etc crossed re weather!

We're not setting out until the afternoon, so we'll take a raincheck (geddit???) on whether or not to delay the journey by a day if necessary.

And thank you weed for reminding me about the raspberries - they're  beginning to ripen, so I'll pick and freeze what I can tomorrow morning, and instruct son in the complicated arts of doing the same in my absence.  I would show him how to water things, but in the circumstances .  .  .  .

06/07/2012 at 21:45

Look on the bright side, SV - he'll probably have lines of raspberry jam waiting for you when you get home.

06/07/2012 at 22:16

David!    Or - to be Wimbledon relevant, "You cannot be serious!"

06/07/2012 at 22:37

rain with scattered showers

06/07/2012 at 22:55

Torrential rain for much of the day which has finally cleared.

07/07/2012 at 10:02

It was lovely on Thursday-the sun shone at Wimbledon yesterday but not here-and this morning it is that relentless drizzle again-but there are no floods- not like some parts-there is no end in sight-we might just emigrate

07/07/2012 at 10:58

No rain yet but we still have the rest of the day to go. Wont be going to St Marys garden nothing worse than dragging around in the rain so going to the pib for lunch instead. Only at the end of the road. Husband and daughter are at music festival and as of yesterday they were knee deep in mud, he'd gone without his wellies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant help but think i had the better idea of staying at home.

07/07/2012 at 11:07

Sorry folks....had to delete this post, it was a cut 'n paste that didn't work.

07/07/2012 at 11:35

P.S. the husband and daughter have given up on festival and come home. When they arrived on thurs they had to be towed in to the carpark!!!!  and towed out again this morning. Camp site was on a flood plain. How daft.I've never seen so much mud so its down to the laundrette to get everything dry.

07/07/2012 at 11:37

Lovely here today. (North Essex)  Hot and sunny.

Off to catch up on some weeding!

07/07/2012 at 12:11

What a difference today- we have sun! & a slight breeze in Manchester The rain finally stopped mid evening yesterday- was sooo envious of the sun at Wimbledon.

Washing load on & may even go for walk this afternoon- but we're awaiting an engineer to arrive. Only 24hrs late- not a sausage yesterday, no call nor mail, zilch. OH sent a polite, but cross e-mail last night & this morning the phones havent stopped ringing! Todays' engineer has already phoned, so at least that's good, I hope. J.

07/07/2012 at 12:22

Whoopee, decent net access! The last post literally was stopped as I hit the send buitton! Shriek from upstairs as daughter also lost net too.

Anyway, despite the odd rather black cloud around some washing is out.

Have also stamped on 15 slugs going after the wholemeal bread crusts- magic! J.

07/07/2012 at 14:16

I could literally cry for my poor plants and seedlings outside! After all this constant rain, I walked round the garden 10 minutes ago, in glorious sunshine, hoping it would last, cleared a few slugs, checked my very soggy Elan strawberry plant, and came back in content that it was brighter today. Sat down to pop on here and then the heavens have just opened!!! On my poor babies!! Again!! LOL Sunny Staffordshire is NOT so sunny.

As a new gardener this year, it hasn't been the best weather to cope with.

Oh well. All still a learning experience for my first 'proper' year next year, right? LOL

07/07/2012 at 14:47

Steady heavyish rain all day. Local carnival cancelled. Small flood in my front garden. Taking dogs and OH for a walk up to GC where we will all sit outside under the sheltered bit and have tea and cake.

07/07/2012 at 15:00

Rain, rain and more rain in Bournemouth. It has poured down all day yesterday and today is the same. My poor plants have really taken a battering, we have had just one day of sunshine this week. 

07/07/2012 at 15:02

No rain yet but looking very ominous and the wind is quite chilly,  did have a bright spell early this morning like the sun trying to burn through the clouds but to no avail,  very cool last night at 12.3c and it's only 15.5c now.

07/07/2012 at 16:19
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/Maki_Rain.gif

07/07/2012 at 17:37

We had glorious sunshine this morning, however I knew it wouldn't last...  Overcast and short bouts of rain all afternoon.  Local Village Fetes saw the forecast & have postponed until September! 

I missed the comment on wholemeal bread for slugs?!  I need all the help I can get, I've even managed to convince my OH to do slug patrols when I'm working away.

07/07/2012 at 17:41

Don't mention slugs to me - some have actually mountaineered into a hanging basket!

Still, it's been dry today, and we even had a glimpse of the sun. It won't last, though - rain forecast for tomorrow.

07/07/2012 at 18:02

Lovely day here in Lancs but just had raindrops the size of 10p 's ! Gone very dark - something coming me-thinks . Alina I've also had abseiling slugs in the hanging baskets .