London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
09/07/2012 at 13:47

Teesside dry although getting quite cool. Granddaughter came this morning back from Sunny Spain yesterday and brown as a berry, she spent the time in the pool.
We definitely need some of that sun.

Frank.

09/07/2012 at 13:49

I've risked a line-ful of washing and now dark grey clouds are overhead.

09/07/2012 at 14:46

Mrs Geoff put washing at at mid-day and there just seems to be annoying baby rain- spits and spots- I am on washing- watch-whilst doing a loads of other things-a man's work...........................

09/07/2012 at 15:51

it has been glorious blue skies and sun to day and yesterday.. thou had couple of light showers yesterday.. got loads of washing dry and lawn cut.. been good few days.. think tomorrow will be same then wednesday rain.. so fingers crosssed it stays nice.

09/07/2012 at 17:05

It has been a nice day here, quite warm. Did have a few spits and spots of rain this morning while I was in the garden but luckily it didn't come to anything. I didn't risk putting washing on the line as there were a few dark clouds. Geoff, fancy a man being able to multitask!!! 

09/07/2012 at 18:47

Beautiful day today. Sunny Worthing living up to its name. Still washing all the gear the husband and the daughter took camping and hosing down tents, air beds, chairs etc. Never see so much mud. On the plus side went out to lunch and could sit outside and eat tapas. Hoping tomorrow will be as good but i doubt it

09/07/2012 at 19:00

A few showery bits this morning, but more sunshine and high cloud this afternoon.  Given the weather that we've had to endure, I take this as a bonus!

09/07/2012 at 19:07

Well the washing was sort of dry- enough to finish off indoors

Have just seen the latest forecast still no sign of Summer-in 8 weeks we will be in September-come on I need a scorcha before then.

09/07/2012 at 19:18

Just got the dry (!!) washing back inside.

I wore shorts under the waterproof trousers, but it was worth it as have got loads done.

Finally was able to sit out for a few minutes to cool off!

Am now hoping that the rain tomorrow doesnt quite get to us...... J.

10/07/2012 at 09:15

Back to the grey clouds and rain is forecast. Its getting boring now could we have some other type of weather now and i dont mean snow!!

10/07/2012 at 09:25

today it is light wind with clouds and few spit spots of rain and the sun is out inbetween dark clouds.. got washing out and another load on the way.. another good day to be in the garden.

10/07/2012 at 10:10
donutsmrs wrote (see)

. Geoff, fancy a man being able to multitask!!! 

Of course men can multi task, a pint in one hand the TV remote in't t'other watching the football and shouting instructions to the wife on how to unblock the sink. I do not know where women get those idea's.
Teesside today "Its raining, raining in my heart, on my head, on my garden and on my spirit which is dragging on the ground. It makes you want to turn to a single malt spirit even though we will not see the sun anywhere near a yard arm?"
"Grrrrr".

Frank.

10/07/2012 at 13:24

Why didnt I cut the lawn yesterday?

Pulled back the curtains this morning to rain, rain again! Oh well, no chance of lawn drying out enough in the next few days- usually would like 2 dry days in a row- at least the self-heal flowers are pretty. J.

10/07/2012 at 13:56

Light rain, predicted to turn heavy. My poppies are looking very depressed again.

10/07/2012 at 14:04
Saw the Olympic torch near Henley this morning, in showers, but sun is now out and I am off to the allotment to gather some Lady Christl potatoes,lettuce,spring onions,broccoli,carrots and a punnet of raspberries. They should keep me going for the next few days! Hope this weather lasts for the rest of the day!
10/07/2012 at 15:01

It is literally chucking it down at the moment and has gone very dark-10 minutes ago the sun was shining

10/07/2012 at 17:27

I heard today on the radio that we are not going to get any summer weather until September/October, if this rain keeps up we will be growing webbed feet. 

10/07/2012 at 19:16

It's lashing down and some,  and here's some nice reading 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18783422

11/07/2012 at 08:44
Rainjustlearning wrote (see)

It's lashing down and some,  and here's some nice reading 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18783422

That was depressing reading, Ow dear when is it to end even two dry days in a row would do. Its not stopped since Saturday. I made myself go out yesterday to cut back flattened plants the garden is gong to take a miracle to sort out now

11/07/2012 at 09:18

It was sun very early on- honest! Didnt last, more rain now.

Am being Mrs Mop today, waiting on a parcel delivery. They tried on monday, but t'was actually out in back garden doing cutting back. J.