London (change)
Today 12°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 6°C
16/07/2012 at 19:21

What have we got to moan about,  this is going to have one helluv a knock on for us next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18849327

16/07/2012 at 19:27

well today it is like middle of winter instead of summer.. blowing a wholey and throwing it down all day.. only started to dry up hour or so ago.. this is really taking the gerry now this weather..

16/07/2012 at 21:30

We went to the wild boar park at Chipping on Saturday, Jo, excellent day out for small children, the rain stayed off but with dark clouds rolling over head most of the day.   

I grew alpine strawberries from seed sown last year and am a tab bit disappointed with their size and taste. 

We had heavy rain most of the morning and afternoon with a brief spell of dry weather about lunch time, just long enough to pop out for a sandwich.     

16/07/2012 at 22:47
Shrinking Violet wrote (see)

The mind boggles at your swimming cozzie, Frank! 

I Lass but I am a dab hand at reversing the horse drawn bathing machine into the water.
Zoomer what made the boars wild???

Frank.

16/07/2012 at 23:31

Probably the prospect of rain, Frank, they were livid...  

17/07/2012 at 09:34

Used to have pigs that often got a cob on Zoomer so livid wild boars must be a sight to see. I did learn from an early age there are no dumb animals, they can be as placid or upset as we can, try pushing a milking cow into the wrong stall for milking and you had one very upset cow.
Teesside had early morning sun, still has though it is clouding over a bit. The windows are open and a warm gentle breeze is wafting through the house. Today is a pottering day, a bit of dead heading, pluck some weeds, rake in some mulch then prepare Sunday lunch on a Tuesday for the Grandchildren coming from school, that will be the highlight of my day seeing my Granddaughter who will not eat meat at home finish off the beef.

Frank.

17/07/2012 at 10:17

You look gorgeous Geoff. I swim twice a week and im happier in a costume which i hang up in the greenhouse to dry. We have sunshine and clouds today, of course ir rained yesterday when the olympic flame came through Worthing.Going to buy a tumble dryer today so the weather should change when it gets delivered.

17/07/2012 at 11:18

Ok was supposed to be dryer today for a wee while? So awoke to rain, then sun, then rain.... this gets boring. Hmm, shall I risk the washing or just tumble it? Not even thinking about the elec bill.....

Wellies at the ready for tomorrow. Have personally decided against waterproof trousers as you do get rather hot when wearing them, despite vents/breathable fabric, & since everyone will be inside the big marquees it'll be hot enough for me.

Zoomer- alpine strawberries are small & sweet, but yield not enough to provide a substantial meal. Mine rarely make it inside as I eat them whilst doing bits outside! J.

17/07/2012 at 12:24

well.. what a diffrence to day it is blue skies wispy clourds and hot sun today.. which is good as boy is down the beach for end year party today.. would not have been the same in class pretending to be a beach party i dont think.

off out to do some weeding when finished lunch.. tomorrow is supposed to be the same.. fingers crossed.

17/07/2012 at 13:46

We have a lovely day and the lovely weather lady has now told us the jetstream is now moving into the right spot for the time of year-finally Summer is here-enjoy

17/07/2012 at 23:28

Lovely day - really warm Tshirt weather.  Lots of sun and occasional cloud.  It may be wetter again tomorrow, but if that jet stream really does move a bit further north, we may just get a little bit of summer by the weekend.  Here's hoping!

18/07/2012 at 07:26

What does this jet stream do for the north of Scotland then? Are we to get our normal summer! rain and humidity with midges, at least with the cool weather the midges weren't bad. I'm editing this post I was being very negative, we can actually get lovely weather too. I was recently in London for the first time and was I glad to come home to clear air and everything green and lush around. The scenery takes a lot of beating up here

18/07/2012 at 10:52

Weejenny, I spent a wonderful time in Northern Scotland a couple of years back, from crossing the border in heavy rain the sun came out and shone for ten days on the bits I visited. Inverness, John O Groats, Fort William, Loch Lomond, Glasgow and home, it started to rain as I crossed the border back into England.
I have happy memories of Dumfries and Galloway my late wife had relatives there, Ayr and Arran the isle of, plus Edinburgh a lovely city. We had great times also I am one of those people midges steer clear off for some reason. I love Scotland and even forgave them for assaulting my ears with "Blue Bonnets over the Border" on the pipes every day when I was stationed in Scotland.
Teesside today started dull but "hey" the Queen comes today to our town of Stockton so the sun is shining and blue sky although there is a heavy weather front over the coastline at the moment.
I ask is it possible they do lay the weather on for her??

Frank.

18/07/2012 at 12:33

Showers today but very light. Went into town on bike and someone pinched the shower cap i use to cover the saddle. Tumble dryer being delivered friday of next week, so i reckon on rain until then. Does anyone know why the jet stream has settled over us?

18/07/2012 at 13:06

Thats good to hear Palaisglde Im from outside Inverness, a beautiful area very untouched by modern life just the way I like it apart from broadband of course. and still raining!!!

18/07/2012 at 14:46

Wild and very windy here my side of The Styx,  think Frank might be getting the best of the weather today,  had torrential rain through the night boy did it come down so needless to say the ground is beyond sodden,  had to go and fasten up my roses  as they had blown free form the canes and I was sinking into the grass,  what a mess it is, desperate for the sun now to dry it all out.

18/07/2012 at 15:02

"Rain" when I went to check the greenhouse I did realise it must have been heavy rain through the night, it had not all drained downhill.
Up to now we have had a bit of thunder, a drop of rain and now brilliant sunshine just in time for the Queen.
I had two full days on the big clean up in the garden so can leave it a while now, for those interested little madam took a series of photo's with her sun flower last night, mind she did eat her meal first so has her priorities right.

Frank.

18/07/2012 at 15:08
weejenny wrote (see)

Thats good to hear Palaisglde Im from outside Inverness, a beautiful area very untouched by modern life just the way I like it apart from broadband of course. and still raining!!!

I loved Inverness, we were in an Hotel near the river about centre of town. The people could not do enough for us and I was amazed at the Restaurants, you could eat a different place each evening on so many cuisines. At the Hotel at Loch Lomond I ate "Bonney Prince Charley" a local delicacy mainly Aberdeen Angus but so sweet and tender, costly mind but how many can say they ate him?

Frank.

18/07/2012 at 15:22

Wet here as predicted.  It ranges from heavy drizzle to occasional heavier shower.  But it should get a bit better tomorrow, and at least it's not cold.

18/07/2012 at 15:44

I just about to go out into the garden to sort out one of my borders, when we had a violent thunderstorm, hail stones, wind and torrential rain. The cat dived under the kitchen table and won't come out!  It did say we might have some rain, but really, it's the pits, so it's back to the forum to see what everyone else is up to.I love to read all the news.