London (change)
Today 15°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 10°C
20/07/2012 at 15:30

Oh dear Rain, awoke to sunshine this morning my side of the River Tees although there was some thick cloud, the sun has drifted in and out since and it is warm, no cold wind and no rain.
I could see clear across the valley this morning to the Cleveland Hills from Eston nab towards Arden Great Moor that is a good stretch and all the details were in view, the monument and the woods along the hillsides.
Did not have much to do this morning now the garden is cleaned up so made a big pan of soup, the lamb chops are marinading for the evening meal, took my daughter some soup when I went to lunch and she gave me scones and curd tart, fair exchange then.

Frank.

20/07/2012 at 16:07

Beautiful sunshine.  The weatherman said the temp would be no higher than the high teens.  But it's been about 23 C this afternoon.  Just lovely - and it all looks good for the weekend, too.

21/07/2012 at 10:54

Teesside today blue sky and sunshine since six this morning, a perfect day for the Sunderland Airshow, the biggest free airshow in the world.
We get it free because a lot of the planes take off from Teesside and fly straight over us but there will be up to a million people along the Northeast coast from North Shields to Sunderland, we have stopped trying to get there now.
May go and dip my toes in the sea at Seaton as I am having an easy day.

Frank.

21/07/2012 at 11:57

Absolutely Brilliant!!! sunshine all the way, will be out in the garden as soon as my cake has finished baking. Lots of jobs to do, weeding, reorganising a border, infact where do I start? Better get out there and get cracking, have a nice day

21/07/2012 at 12:01

Hi Frank,

Lovely sunny day in Cornwall too, I love airshows as I was in the RAF many moons ago. I went to one at Middle-St-George years ago. I'm an ex Teesider. I lived at Gainford not far from Darlington.

Enjoy your paddle.

Pam

21/07/2012 at 12:13

Hello Pam,
I still think of it as Goosepool, my mother was on war work there.
We went to most of the shows at Middleton-St-George before it became Teesside Airport and then some funny name including Durham and Valley, that was the last straw we all still call it Teesside, they are trying to resurrect it as an airport after the last lot ran it into the ground, you were charged £7 for stepping through the doors to meet people. I think some see it as a future housing estate.
I think Darlington has crept out to eat most of the outlying places now, mind there is still a big empty space between Darlington and Stockton, the twin shall never meet apart from by rail it seems.
Still sunny and bright so a sandwich and off.

Frank.

21/07/2012 at 19:43

Another lovely summer day - so that's two in a row!  A bit more high cloud today - but who's worrying?  It is just so nice to have the warmth at last!  Did some washing, got into the garden to do some tidying up and then thought "Blow it!  I'll enjoy this while I can."  So sat on the sun lounger with my library book pretending to read while I examined the insides of my eyelids

21/07/2012 at 21:34

A nice day up here in the Highlands 20c I had time to sort out my wee garden had visitors for the afternoon which was very pleasant. Ive now poured a glass of wine time to relax. Showers for tomorrow

21/07/2012 at 21:45

The promised  summer did not arrive, if the sun was up there it didn't manage to get through the cloud, it's been fairly warm with no rain though. Dcovered a couple of aubergines on plants in the GH, first time I've had fruit, last year they were sown too late.

21/07/2012 at 21:48

Sunny intyervals here, and the dizzy heights of 19C.

Supposed to be the same tomorrow - dry two days in a row!

21/07/2012 at 21:53

Maybe they've got it right this time ! Lovely day in West Lancs - bit cloudy but THE SUN was out . Got loads of cutting back done , washed down patio , had a weed and had a hoe . Tomorrow it's supposed to be even better !  My first sweet pea is out and about time - Autumn sowing for next year methinks !!! . Sore back now though .

22/07/2012 at 09:34

today is is hot again.. up at 7am and it was warm and sunny then so only getting hotter.. yesterday pm it reached 22 in the garden..so today probably be 24-25 rate it is going..

22/07/2012 at 14:35

A beautiful summers day in Worthing today. Have been to allotment and waging war on the weeds. How come they grow so well when other things dont. I hear the weather is good for the next few days so im not packing away any jumpers just yet.

22/07/2012 at 16:49

Sunny intervals here all day - wonderful!

Supposed to be cloudy tomorrow, though - looks like summer will be over

22/07/2012 at 18:02

Beautiful sunny day and it is going to get hotter-30/31 by Wednesday

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/ete2047.gif

22/07/2012 at 18:11

Same here I' ve now got TWO sweet peas ! This could be the start of something good ! Geoff - I love that little thingy me bob !!!  Don't think the north will get 30 but you never know.

22/07/2012 at 20:01

Third day in a row - sunshine, some white fluffy clouds and warmth.  Lovely.  Only problem (of my own making, I hasten to add) is that the pots and troughs need watering - with all the wet etc I had forgotten them

22/07/2012 at 20:20

I've found watering a problem this year, despite all the rain some pots hardly got any water, particularly the spud bags, the neighbours must have thought me potty watering after a shower. 

Fairly warm here today reached 20 but very cloudy and looking like rain most of the day. Didn't stop us going down to the splash park followed by a bar-be. Friends little boy is being tested for autism, he has some perculiar mannerisms. I love him to bits, it was quite amusing watching him run round the splash park after his sister, he came back bone dry, he hasn't yet worked it out the whole purpose of going there is to get wet.

23/07/2012 at 06:46

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/SunbathingTourist-animation.gif

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/glasses_hand2_spanish2.gif

23/07/2012 at 07:50

You really like to rub it in Geoff. Well its not that bad here not quite having lunch outside weather but in the Summer house yes..Our Summer house is one of the best investments we've ever made we love to sit in it for our meals or reading the paper or just a wee doss ahh..

Supposed to be dry till Friday, well until the weather man changes his mind later on!!