London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 11°C
101 to 120 of 4,155 messages
21/04/2012 at 19:27

Its quite showery here in Norfolk, but we seemed to have skipped the real heavy ones. Been quite sunny in between . Good growing weather!!

21/04/2012 at 20:41

No l had not seen it still finding my way round this site but l will have a look at these pages thanks

21/04/2012 at 21:38

reno,nv. 85f. today and tomorrow, then cooler but with warm nights-renos weather forecast is pretty much the same all summer(may-oct)sunny, clear and warm with cool nights- we are at 4500ft. so night temps in the 30's are not unusual all summer. a single rain storm can provide weeks of conversation.

22/04/2012 at 09:36
<p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">It is dark and dour on Teesside again

<p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Looks very much like we get more rain

<p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Probably if we get on our knees

<p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Someone up there will hear our pleas

<p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Once more that golden orb to see

<p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">To give our bodies some vitamin D

<p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">To lift the plants from a sodden slump

<p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Make the garden look less like a sump

<p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">And when we have the sun again

<p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">then we all will be wishing it would rain

<p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Frank

<p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;"> 

<p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">PS the sun has just come out?

22/04/2012 at 09:39

Sorry about that folk it seems you cannot move stuff from file to board without all the Greek appearing.

Frank.

22/04/2012 at 10:46

Hello Frank, very nice ditty, I just closed my left eye and it made perfect sense

East Midlands today is back to sunshine and showers.

Yesterday did remain dry but garden is too wet to get onto.

Brenda

22/04/2012 at 10:47

Frank there is an edit facility-you could have deleted that stuff after posting-just in case you were not aware

22/04/2012 at 10:57

Geof, knew about the edit and tried it ended up as gobbledygook so I left it.

I was going to suggest a say it in verse thread for those who get poetic about their gardens, classic, Romantic, Idyllic or doggerel it matters not, the double spacings would make that none viable so give up.

Frank.

22/04/2012 at 11:17

I moved to Tiverton, Devon 5 years ago, and it has rained here ever since. My twisted Hazel has still not got catkins or leaves, it is in the front garden where we get cold winds and our street must be very exposed. The river is less than 100 yards as the crow flies. What does grow gets eaten by slugs, or drowns! Come to sunny Devon...Yeah!

22/04/2012 at 12:01

Ooh-er Janet 4:  I'm hoping to move to Tiverton this year, if we can get a bit of movement in the housing market.  Perhaps I'll have a re-think.

Anyway, here in jolly Somerset we have lots of joined-up April showers aka Rain!

22/04/2012 at 12:08

Woops Sorry to put you off Violet. There is a lot going for the town if you want to get involved. I love the Saturday market and the car boots around here. In full time work means that is the only time I can get there. My problem is I always go for open aspect properties, so only now I am beginning to realise if you want a sheltered garden I will have to get an enclosed courtyard next time.

22/04/2012 at 12:37

Blowing a gale and cold with occassional heavy down pour here in south west cornwall

22/04/2012 at 12:40

Yes Janet - what attracted us to Tiverton is the fact that it is lively with a lovely market and good communication links nearby.  We've looked at several properties, some of which have a handkerchief for a garden - pretty useless so far as I'm concerned, especially when north-facing.  But one or two come up to expectations, so I reckon we'll get there eventually.  And keep fingers crossed for not too much rain!  (One of the downsides of the south west, be it mid-Devon of West Somerset, is that it's on the rainy side of the country.  But on the plus side, that's why it's so green and lush.)

22/04/2012 at 13:10

Started sunny here today, but clouding over and I expect rain soon - so what's new?

22/04/2012 at 13:49

Inland South-East England: sunny and blue sky with occasional raincloud and  loop-da-looping aeroplanes

22/04/2012 at 13:57

Dry and sunny morning in Southampton-now the sky is a threatening black colour

22/04/2012 at 16:46

Hooray!  Cleared up this afternoon and lots of sunshine.  Scouts & Guides had St. George's Day parade and kept dry (even if a bit chilly).

22/04/2012 at 19:08

Frank,

The board techies told me that if you copy the etxt into Word or Notepad and then into the message the hypertext stuff disappears. Bit of a fag. Instead I am going to try cutting, followed by right clicking and choosing 'paste as plain text'. Here goes!

Cistus originate from dry, rocky parts of the Mediterranean and Canary Islands, and so are drought-tolerant and low maintanance. They produce masses of flowers in midsummer, but each lasts only one day. This is one of the hardiest, most compact Cistus and is justifiably popular, with its papery, white flowers with bright yellow centres that appear from June to July and wavy-margined, dark green leaves. Try it in a a large, patio container, in a gravel garden, or at the front of a sunny, mixed border. It does, however, require protection from harsh north or east winds.

22/04/2012 at 19:09

It works. I copied that straight from an internet site. 

22/04/2012 at 19:29

A poetry thread - horticulturally based - sounds a good idea.  D'you remember the Haiku thread on the beeb?  Concentrated the mind wonderfully - and produced some wonderful poetry.

101 to 120 of 4,155 messages