London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
21/08/2012 at 09:04

Teesside has sunshine blue sky with some white cloud, so no lights needed this morning.
The windows are open and it is warm, I think some of the light must be from the huge golden glow of the Crocosmia Jackanapes which this year has gone wild, most of it will need to come out after it has flowered.

Frank.

21/08/2012 at 10:27

Went to the allotment holders show on saturday.It was brilliant so many people attended and the refreshment stall did a roaring trade in homemade cakes and teas, i was in charge of the cakes so luckt there was any left to sell. Worthing weather today is a bit overcast at the mo but the sun is trying to come out. Will get the ironing done before it gets too hot then i will potter in the garden.

21/08/2012 at 17:07

Oh my first ever post - how exciting!!!

Weather has been beautiful here today (Kent) have been very busy sorting out my newly constructed raised veggie beds!

21/08/2012 at 18:21

Welcome to the forum sunnydays.

Almost perfect digging day today cool breeze and clouds, ground was rock hard though.

21/08/2012 at 19:37
Pouring down, water coming up from under the pavements. Blue sky now appearing around the edges of the bank of cloud.
21/08/2012 at 19:38

While i am on the computer the heavens have opened {West Midlands} but the sun is shining, the great british weather

21/08/2012 at 22:17

Seemed OK today - bits of sunshine, quite a lot of cloud, but breezy, so did lots of washing.  It was nearly dry when the heavens opened - a real deluge!  I got soaked getting stuff off the line.  Half an hour later it had all dried up.  Yup - that's the great British weather for you Jan 58! 

22/08/2012 at 11:12

Wecome Sunnydays, we are having one here on Teesside with blue sky and some cloud although cooler.
You will find a friendly lot, willing to help so join in what ever is going on at the time.

Frank.

22/08/2012 at 11:22

Morning all.

The heavy rain 'shower'- oh yes, long shower- this morning awoke me. No chance to do lawn now before I go away.

The sun keeps popping out, but loads of black clouds around, so washing being tumbled. J.

22/08/2012 at 17:23

Brutal here in central Italy. Into the third month in the 30sC, with 40C the last three days. Temps haven't dropped much below 25C overnight, with 29C the minimum the last couple of nights. Tom flowers cooking on the plants, the toms that have set are cooking on the plants, so hot that even the pumpkins won't even produce male flowers.

22/08/2012 at 18:09

Italophile, meals ready to eat then, lovely place Italy from Easter on, much worse than the UK in winter though.
Still have sunshine here on Teesside as it has been all day, not done me much good though with a touch of gout, better stay off the Port Wine and Lobster then or was it the Devon-Somerset scones.

Frank.

22/08/2012 at 18:26

Oh hard luck Frank. Hope you get sorted soon.

The sun did come out! Wind quite strong but washing drying well.

Did get the lawn cut. T'was rather squelchy in places, but mower is lightweight & so no problem. Took care that extension lead didnt end up on the damp/wet grass. The overhanging plants took their chances as didnt use edger, but did use my lawn scissors under the better plants. OH got them me ages ago. Can remember not being impressed by 'scissors' for the job- have perfectly good edging ones. But, no they are excellent for doing a pretty neat job quickly & get used for all sorts. J.

22/08/2012 at 19:39
Frank, I hear cherry juice is good for gout!
22/08/2012 at 21:01

Oh, Frank - gout is sooooo Victorian   Or was it Georgian?  Dunno - but unpleasant nevertheless.

Tell you what - I'll send you some virtual Somerset scones with the necessary jam/clotted cream combo.  May not cure it - but still tastes good and helps you forget your ills!

Sunshine and showers again today - but overall, not a bad day.  I've seen the weather map (the proper one with isobars and fronts rather than the cow-pat brown and beige ones) and it looks a bit iffy, to say the least, for the weekend.  Oh, well - it is a bank holiday, so what could we expect?

22/08/2012 at 23:45

So right Posh as an engineer I love all those big smoking lumps of metal the Victorians were good at, Isambard Kingdom Brunel is a hero to me. I suppose we still have many things they made so a few of their ailments can be expected.
A wee tot before I limp off to bed will kill the pain.
As my mother would say, "stop yer whinging, go chop some sticks that will cure it" and that was for everything from double pneumonia to having a leg off.

Frank.

23/08/2012 at 11:01

The weather box that comes up next to the threads for your area is nearly right, it says cloudy, well it is apart from the blue sky above me? The sun is not quite making it as yet although brightening by the minute.
Lazy day, Daughter doing my shopping whilst I rest flipping foot, as long as she does not spend all my money, still payday tomorrow.

Frank.

23/08/2012 at 11:17

Nr LINCOLN _ I thought it was a bit back-endish this morning, but the sun as got out and it's now a lovely morning, lets hope it stays that way. We had a torrential downpour yesterday evening so things look a little battered.

Hope your foot is soon better Frank, I understand it is very painful.

23/08/2012 at 11:45

Halifax, West Yorkshire.  Overcast,dull and a bit damp. Feels very much like an autumn damp day!!!

Cheered myself up though, my Thompson & Morgan plugs arrived so I have spent a pleasant morning in the shed.

23/08/2012 at 13:08
BikerBabe wrote (see)

Halifax, West Yorkshire.  Overcast,dull and a bit damp. Feels very much like an autumn damp day!!!

Cheered myself up though, my Thompson & Morgan plugs arrived so I have spent a pleasant morning in the shed.

lovetogarden wrote (see)

Hope your foot is soon better Frank, I understand it is very painful.

Correct Lovetogarden, very painful indeed, that is what you get for indulging I am old enough to know better.
Stockton got some sunshine which made me happy until Daughter gave me the bill for shopping, that made me forget gout.

Frank.

23/08/2012 at 13:12

"Yikes" how did that happen a double quote" must have been the shock of the shopping bill, well there was £16 for fish.
I am getting the rod out and sitting on the banks of the Tees, it has a Salmon run now but with my luck I would catch Lamprey.

Frank.